Feeling accepted...

Hayden

Reaction score
I have thrown myself into Deaf events and parties over the past few months and I feel so accepted by the Deaf community here. I was really nervous that I wouldn't be "Deaf" enough to fit in or that my signing inexperience would hold me back, but I really haven't had any difficulty. I'm so happy to have found this community. I feel so at home. :D

Hayden, do you think a good idea might be for Deaf Schools to do outreach to functionally HOH/oral deaf kids around upper elementary, middle and high school, so they can enjoy the social benefits of fitting in with a community?

YES! I didn't meet another Deaf person until I was 18. I felt so isolated and lonely, and I so regret missing out on a chance to grow up around people like me. I think both signing deaf and oral deaf/hoh have a lot to learn from each other and share many of the same experiences.

YES! I didn't meet another Deaf person until I was 18. I felt so isolated and lonely, and I so regret missing out on a chance to grow up around people like me. I think both signing deaf and oral deaf/hoh have a lot to learn from each other and share many of the same experiences.

I can't like this enough!!!!!!! I think they made a HUGE mistake in assuming that all we needed to do was to assimulate into the hearing world.......WHY?!?!?

Back