favorite movie quote

― Anne Rice, Interview with the Vampire

a bit of an insight with this one, ...“Evil is always possible. And goodness is eternally difficult.”

a fun one,

Lestat: Lord, what I wouldn’t give for a drop of good old-fashioned Creole blood.
Louis: Yankees are not to your taste?
Lestat: Their democratic flavor doesn’t suit my palate, Louis.

tumblr_m3edgfCSH61qgm8m5o1_500.gif

"Some people live more in 20 years than others do in 80. It’s not the time that matters, it’s the person."

It's a TV quote, not a movie quote, but it's Doctor Who, so that counts in my book, lol.

I love some of the others that have been posted. I'm a huge Fight Club and Monty Python fan.

LOST: Dead is Dead:

BEN: I've seen this Island do miraculous things. I've seen it heal the sick, but never once has it done anything like this. Dead is dead. You don't get to come back from that, not even here.

Fight Club:
If I had a tumor, I'd name it Marla. Marla...the little scratch on the roof of your mouth that would heal if only you could stop tonguing it, but you can't.

This is your life, and it's ending one minute at a time.

Juliet Hefner: Is this some traditional Korean dish? Because it has an exotic odor.
Judge Pete: Uh, that's tuna casserole.

from, Rocket Science (2007)

and another LOL...

id never forget this one, (just watching this film right now I had to pause so thristy)
Hal Hefner: Could... uh, could... could you tell her that uh... I uh... I'm done with my... my ma... masturbation and she can see! Oh...
[Mrs. Ryerson shuts the door in his face]

its just crazy funny LOL

"Did you ever notice how in the Bible, whenever God needed to punish someone, or make an example, or whenever God needed a killing, he sent an angel? Did you ever wonder what a creature like that must be like? A whole existence spent praising your God, but always with one wing dipped in blood. Would you ever really want to see an angel?"
- The Prophecy (1995)

[FONT=&quot]Gabriel[/FONT][FONT=&quot]: I'm an angel. I kill firstborns while their mamas watch. I turn cities into salt. I even, when I feel like it, rip the souls from little girls, and from now till kingdom come, the only thing you can count on in your existence is never understanding why.

[/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]Catherine[/FONT][FONT=&quot]: Go to hell!
Gabriel: Heaven, darling. Heaven. At least get the zip code right.
Catherine: It's all the same to you, isn't it?
Gabriel: No. In heaven, we believe in love.
Catherine: What do you love, Gabriel?
Gabriel: Cracking your skull.

[/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]Gabriel[/FONT][FONT=&quot]: Jerry, come here. If you were a soul, where would you hide?
Jerry: The hell away from you. [/FONT]
[FONT=&quot] [/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]Gabriel[/FONT][FONT=&quot]: Study your math, kids. Key to the Universe. [/FONT]
[FONT=&quot] [/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]Thomas Daggett[/FONT][FONT=&quot]: If you wanted to prove your side was right, Gabriel, so badly, why didn't you just ask Him? Why didn't you ask God?
Gabriel: Because He doesn't talk to me any more. [/FONT]
[FONT=&quot] [/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]Lucifer[/FONT][FONT=&quot]: Other angels have made this war because they hate you, you and all humans. God has put you in his grace and pushed them aside. They're desperate. They've never been able to conquer the other loyal angels, and so this war has remained in stalemate for thousands of years. And while this state of affairs endures no soul can meet its god. Your parents, and their parents, and so on from the beginning lie still in wormy earth. Of course, some of them do come to me eventually, for while heaven may be closed I am always open, even on Christmas. [/FONT]
[FONT=&quot] [/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]Gabriel[/FONT][FONT=&quot]: Do you know how you got that dent, in your top lip? Way back, before you were born, I told you a secret, then I put my finger there and I said "Shhhhh!" [/FONT]

[FONT=&quot]Thomas Daggett[/FONT][FONT=&quot]: [thumbing through ancient Bible found on the dead John Doe] Cute.
Joseph: What is it?
Thomas Daggett: Twenty-third chapter of Saint John's Revelations.
Joseph: And?
Thomas Daggett: There is no twenty-third chapter.
Joseph: Well, maybe this is the Teacher's Edition.

[/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]Thomas Daggett: [narrating] And in the end, I think it must be about faith, and if faith is a choice, then it can be lost - for a man, an angel, or the devil himself. And if faith means never completely understanding God's plan, then maybe understanding just a part of it - our part - is what it is to have a soul. And maybe in the end, that's what being human is, after all.

[/FONT]

The Prophecy

More favorites....

[FONT=&quot]Mr. Kang[/FONT][FONT=&quot]: You can do a hundred things right, but it takes only one mistake to destroy everything.

[/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]Sun-woo[/FONT][FONT=&quot]: One late autumn night, the disciple awoke crying. So the master asked the disciple, "Did you have a nightmare?" "No." "Did you have a sad dream?" "No," said the disciple. "I had a sweet dream." "Then why are you crying so sadly?" The disciple wiped his tears away and quietly answered, "Because the dream I had can't come true."

[/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]Sun-woo[/FONT][FONT=&quot]: A disciple asked his master, "Do the leaves flow or is it the wind?" His master replied, "No, it is the heart and the mind." (A Bittersweet Life, 2005)[/FONT]

[FONT=&quot] [/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]Ou-yang Feng[/FONT][FONT=&quot]: The harder you try to forget something, the more it will stick in your memory. Once I heard someone say that if you have to lose something, the best way to keep it in your memory. (Ashes of Time, 1994)[/FONT]
[FONT=&quot] [/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]Yuddy[/FONT][FONT=&quot]: I used to think there was a kind of bird that, once born, would keep flying until death. The fact is that the bird hasn't gone anywhere. It was dead from the beginning. (Days of Being Wild, 1990)[/FONT]

[FONT=&quot]The apprentice and his master live a basic life of prayer and meditation, using an old rowboat to reach the bank of the lake where they regularly go walking, for exercise and to collect herbs. One day, in a creek amongst the rocky hills, the apprentice torments a fish by tying a small stone to it with string and laughing as it struggles to swim. Shortly after, he does the same to a frog and a snake; his master quietly observes on all three occasions, and that night ties a large, smooth rock to the apprentice as he sleeps. In the morning, he tells his apprentice that he cannot take off the rock until he unties the creatures he tormented - adding that if any of them have died, he will "carry the stone in his heart forever". (Spring, Summer, Fall, Winter….And Spring, 2003)[/FONT]
[FONT=&quot] [/FONT]
[FONT=&quot] [/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]Master Yuan[/FONT][FONT=&quot]: A smile ushers in the spring. A tear does darken all the world. (Farewell My Concubine, 1993)[/FONT]
[FONT=&quot] [/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]Songlian’s mother[/FONT][FONT=&quot]: Rich man? If you marry a rich man, you will only be his concubine. [/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]Songlian:[/FONT][FONT=&quot] Let me be a concubine. Isn't that the fate of a woman? [/FONT]
[FONT=&quot] [/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]The Third Concubine[/FONT][FONT=&quot]: She has the face of Buddha and the heart of a scorpian [/FONT]
[FONT=&quot] [/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]The Third Concubine[/FONT][FONT=&quot]: Good or bad, it's all playacting. If you act well, you can fool other people; if you do it badly, you can only fool yourself, and when you can't even fool yourself, you just can fool the ghosts. (Raise the Red Lantern, 1991)

[/FONT]

I was watching Jurassic Pak is on Starz last night. There's a conversation got me chuckled:

Dr. Ian Malcolm: God creates dinosaurs. God destroys dinosaurs. God creates man. Man destroys God. Man creates dinosaurs.

Dr. Ellie Sattler: Dinosaurs eat man. Woman inherits the earth.

And then Ian and Alan turned their head and looked at Ellie.

from 'seeking a freind for the end of the world'
Warren (Rob Corddry) to Dodge (Steve Carrel) : This isn't the fucking ark, Diane! This is the Titanic! And there is not a life raft in sight.

Back