favorite movie quote

Princess Bride - "My name is Indigo Mantoya, you killed my father...prepare to die"

Practical Magic - "I just want to be normal" ... "My dear, who said being normal was ever a good thing?"

Practical Magic...never saw that, but love that quote!!!

Just saw Sin City as I haven't seen for long time and it reminded me why Marv is my favorite character. I burst in laughing when he were being electrocuted and he said, “Is that the best you can do, you pansies?”

Just saw Sin City as I haven't seen for long time and it reminded me why Marv is my favorite character. I burst in laughing when he were being electrocuted and he said, “Is that the best you can do, you pansies?”

Sin City has got to be one of my all time favorite films. It was just a classic, and probably the best film with Bruce Willis and Micky Rourke. Still sad about Brittney Murphy, she left too soon. They're talked about making a Sin City 2 for years but I can't imagine it being as good.

Laura

um the entire script of Monty Pythons Search for the Holy Grail?

Dodgeball

"necessary? Is it necessary to drink my own urine?"
"probably not"
"No, but I do because it's sterile and I like the taste"

Also Dodgeball

"you're as useless as a poopy flavored lollipop"

Gotta love Coach Patches

um the entire script of Monty Pythons Search for the Holy Grail?

Not quite the whole script, but just for you.....enjoy. :D

[FONT=&quot]Minstrel: [singing] Bravely bold Sir Robin rode forth from Camelot. He was not afraid to die, oh brave Sir Robin. He was not at all afraid to be killed in nasty ways, brave, brave, brave, brave Sir Robin. He was not in the least bit scared to be mashed into a pulp, or to have his eyes gouged out, and his elbows broken. To have his kneecaps split, and his body burned away, and his limbs all hacked and mangled, brave Sir Robin. His head smashed in and heart cut out, and his liver removed, and his bowels unplugged, and his nostrils raped and his bottom burned off and his penis...
Sir Robin: That's, uh, that's enough music for now, lads... looks like there's dirty work afoot. [/FONT]
[FONT=&quot] [/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]King of Swamp Castle: Please! This is supposed to be a happy occasion. Let's not bicker and argue over who killed who.

[/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]God: Every time I try to talk to someone it's "sorry this" and "forgive me that" and "I'm not worthy"...

[/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]King Arthur: [after Arthur's cut off both of the Black Knight's arms] Look, you stupid Bastard. You've got no arms left.
Black Knight: Yes I have.
King Arthur: *Look*!
Black Knight: It's just a flesh wound.

King Arthur: Run away!

[/FONT]
[FONT=&quot][the King gestures to the window]
King of Swamp Castle: One day, lad, all this will be yours.
Prince Herbert: What, the curtains?
King of Swamp Castle: No, not the curtains, lad, all that you can see stretched out over the valleys and the hills! That'll be your kingdom, lad.
[/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]
[/FONT]
[FONT=&quot][the Black Knight continues to threaten Arthur despite getting both his arms and one of his legs cut off]
Black Knight: Right, I'll do you for that!
King Arthur: You'll what?
Black Knight: Come here!
King Arthur: What are you gonna do, bleed on me?
Black Knight: I'm invincible!
King Arthur: ...You're a loony.[/FONT]
[FONT=&quot] [/FONT]
[FONT=&quot][Holding the Holy Hand Grenade of Antioch]
King Arthur: How does it... um... how does it work?
Sir Lancelot: I know not, my liege.
King Arthur: Consult the Book of Armaments.
Brother Maynard: Armaments, chapter two, verses nine through twenty-one.
Cleric: [reading] And Saint Attila raised the hand grenade up on high, saying, "O Lord, bless this thy hand grenade, that with it thou mayst blow thine enemies to tiny bits, in thy mercy." And the Lord did grin. And the people did feast upon the lambs and sloths, and carp and anchovies, and orangutans and breakfast cereals, and fruit-bats and large chu...
Brother Maynard: Skip a bit, Brother...
Cleric: And the Lord spake, saying, "First shalt thou take out the Holy Pin. Then shalt thou count to three, no more, no less. Three shall be the number thou shalt count, and the number of the counting shall be three. Four shalt thou not count, neither count thou two, excepting that thou then proceed to three. Five is right out. Once the number three, being the third number, be reached, then lobbest thou thy Holy Hand Grenade of Antioch towards thy foe, who, being naughty in my sight, shall snuff it.
Brother Maynard: Amen.
All: Amen.
King Arthur: Right. One... two... five.
Galahad: Three, sir.
King Arthur: Three.

[/FONT]

"The greatest trick the Devil ever pulled was convincing the World he didn't exist"

A line from The Usual Suspects, with reference to a certain Keyser Soze.....

Sin City has got to be one of my all time favorite films. It was just a classic, and probably the best film with Bruce Willis and Micky Rourke. Still sad about Brittney Murphy, she left too soon. They're talked about making a Sin City 2 for years but I can't imagine it being as good.

Laura

I think they are filming it right now and it's called "Sin City: A Dame to Kill For" and they planned to release it in October 2013. I wondered who they planned to replace Michael Clarke Duncan since that segment is heavily focused on Dwight and Manute. I happened to have the graphic novel I bought after I first saw Sin City.

I think they are filming it right now and it's called "Sin City: A Dame to Kill For" and they planned to release it in October 2013. I wondered who they planned to replace Michael Clarke Duncan since that segment is heavily focused on Dwight and Manute. I happened to have the graphic novel I bought after I first saw Sin City.

I was just reading about this online. Duncan was a wonderful actor and filling those roles (Murphy and Duncan) will be hard. Too bad Willis isn't cited in the cast including Devon Aoki (Miho), Carla Gugino (the parole officer, Lucille), or Josh Hartnett (the hitman). I was hoping for more of the original cast. Wish I had the graphic novels...sounds fun.

I was just reading about this online. Duncan was a wonderful actor and filling those roles (Murphy and Duncan) will be hard. Too bad Willis isn't cited in the cast including Devon Aoki (Miho), Carla Gugino (the parole officer, Lucille), or Josh Hartnett (the hitman). I was hoping for more of the original cast. Wish I had the graphic novels...sounds fun.

Bruce Willis's character didn't appear in any other segments, unfortunately. A Dame to Kill For originally set before the first Sin City. Devon is pregnant, so they had to replace her with other actress (from Hangover II & Sucker Punch).

I would love to discuss any further, but we are hijacking this thread. lol

Bruce Willis's character didn't appear in any other segments, unfortunately. A Dame to Kill For originally set before the first Sin City. Devon is pregnant, so they had to replace her with other actress (from Hangover II & Sucker Punch).

I would love to discuss any further, but we are hijacking this thread. lol

Very true...so my favorite lines from Sin City....:D

[while holding a razor to Jackie Boy's face]
Dwight: I'm Shellie's new boyfriend and I'm out of my mind. If you so much as talk to her or even think her name, I'll cut you in ways that'll make you useless to a woman.
Jack Rafferty: You're making a big mistake, man. A *big* mistake.
Dwight: You made a big mistake yourself... you didn't flush.
[Shoves Jack's head into the toilet]

Cardinal Roark: Will that bring you satisfaction, my son? Killing a helpless, old, fart?
Marv: Killing? No. No satisfaction. Everything up until the killing, will be a gas.

[narration]
Marv: The night's as hot as hell. It's a lousy room in a lousy part of a lousy town - I'm staring at a goddess. She's telling me she wants me. I'm not going to waste one more minute wondering how I've gotten this lucky. She smells like angels ought to smell, the perfect woman... the Goddess. Goldie. She says her name is Goldie.

John Hartigan[FONT=&quot]: An old man dies. A young woman lives. A fair trade. I love you, Nancy. [/FONT]

Marv: That there is one damn fine coat you're wearin'.

Marv:[FONT=&quot] [narrating] I don't know why you died, Goldie. I don't know why and I don't know how, I never even met you before tonight. But you were a friend and more when I needed one. And when I find out who did it, it won't be quick and quiet like it was with you. It'll be loud and nasty. My kind of kill. And when his eyes go dead the hell I send him to will seem like heaven after what I've done to him. I love you, Goldie.
[/FONT]
Marv:[FONT=&quot] [Narrating] I've been having so much fun I forgot to take my medicine. [/FONT]

[first lines]
The Salesman: [voiceover] She shivers in the wind like the last leaf on a dying tree. I let her hear my footsteps. She only goes stiff for a moment.

"You have no power over me." -Sarah, Labyrinth

I like this for so many reasons, movie-wise and life-wise...

" It's only after you've lost everything that you're free to do anything." -Fight Club

in bladerunner (1982) ,,,
Tyrell (the boss of the replicents makers) said , "More human than human" is our motto.

Kevin Flynn: Bio-digital jazz man. in tron again the legacy one, the recent version not the 1982 version.

firm a good will hunting...Sean: You have a bullshit answer for everything.

i remmy that one too

[FONT=&quot]Kill Bill[/FONT]

[FONT=&quot]The Bride[/FONT][FONT=&quot]: [in Japanese] Those of you lucky enough to have your lives, take them with you. However, leave the limbs you've lost. They belong to me now.
[in English]
The Bride: Except you, Sofie! You stay right where you are! [/FONT]

[FONT=&quot]O-Ren Ishii[/FONT][FONT=&quot]: You might not be able to fight like a samurai, but you can at least die like a samurai. [/FONT]

[FONT=&quot]Elle Driver[/FONT][FONT=&quot]: The venom of a black mamba can kill a human in four hours, if, say, bitten on the ankle or the thumb. However, a bite to the face or torso can bring death from paralysis within 20 minutes. Now, you should listen to this, 'cause this concerns you. The amount of venom that can be delivered from a single bite can be gargantuan. You know, I've always liked that word... "gargantuan"... so rarely have an opportunity to use it in a sentence. [/FONT]

[FONT=&quot]Elle Driver[/FONT][FONT=&quot]: [to Budd, as he is dying] Now in these last agonizing minutes of life you have left, let me answer the question you asked earlier more thoroughly. Right at this moment, the biggest "R" I feel is Regret. Regret that maybe the greatest warrior I have ever known, met her end at the hands of a bushwhackin, scrub, alky piece of shit like you. That woman deserved better. [/FONT]

[FONT=&quot]Jackie Brown[/FONT]

[FONT=&quot]Jackie Brown[/FONT][FONT=&quot]: Shut your raggedy-ass up, and sit the f@@@ down! [/FONT]

this is my favourite quote, its from An interview with a Vampire, imo best vamp film ever made....

one of the Vampires groups' leader in France, Armand, was reflecting the fate of being vampires, said ;

The world changes, we do not, there lies the irony that finally kills us.

that quote is really profound, it is about immortality, the reality of it... (if immortality was 'real'...)

this is an interesting one too...

a vampire played by Tom Cruise, "Lestat" said in response to Louis in an arguement about mortality and justice;

"Evil is a point of view. God kills indiscriminately, and so shall we. For no creatures under God are as we are; none so like Him as ourselves".

as a 'film quote' by that i mean, as a playwright quote, a line for the performance, in that sense, this quote is among my favourite...
Louis: My last sunrise. That morning I was not yet a vampire, and I saw my last sunrise. I remember it completely, yet I don't remember any sunrise before it. I watched the whole magnificence of the dawn for the last time, as if it were the first. And then I said goodbye to sunlight and went out to become what I became

i loved it, and its kind of reflected my secret desire to die and become something else that, life wont hurt me anymore since i've 'become an immortal'...
siilly i know but true...

Back