Fast food clerk won't follow my written order

i do ask fast food clerk for write and paper what i wanted order and i have no problems.

AND PLUS Burger King looks okay with me because i did order i told clerk at burger king i need zesty for dip of onion its looks yum! the workers at burger king makes mistakes orders they can quick changes or NOTHING!

ASL isn't my first language. Yes, I'm deaf. There are large amount of deaf are on English as first language and ASL is second.

The most common, we went to school with SEE or without sign language without aware of ASL.

I understand that...:)

but their are some Deafs that can not speak.

What I quoted from is about people not being able to get a job unless they SPEAK English,,,

If that was a law to be passed, Then deaf people would not be able to get one at all.

get my drift now. That was the point I was trying to make. :)

I can't count how many times I've gone to Wendy's and asked for a fish sandwich with no tartar sauce. And every time it comes WITH tartar sauce! And I'm not deaf.

Sounds like there are just a bunch of lazy workers at that fast food place. If these people can't understand plain english, there's no saying their ability to read is any better. I would do what you did, and find a different restaurant. If they don't make sure their servers are giving good customer service, they don't deserve your business...

exactly!

Just they are in a hurry to get the job done regardless of quality.

Happens to everyone.

It is not a matter of being deaf it is the matter of the workers not caring how they perform...

I used to work at a Mcdonalds. I would make it normally even tho I knew they wanted it made their way. So it could be cause of habit, not cause they couldn't read it or understand it.

i not have problem at fast food resteraunt. i write down my order and i get it right. but i don't speak english i just read and write english but i still get job ok! asl is my first language. i try to get job at wendys and taco bell but they don't hire me. but i get different job!

Sometime at Dunkin Donut!

They give me large size with Wrote to clearly note with " Medium"!! :shrug:

Catty, I'd email the KFC home office and send them a copy of your original post above. I did that once when I saw unsanitary practices at a KFC near me, it really grossed me out. I got a nice reply back with a coupon, which I didn't use because I didn't want to go back. I'm sure they'll listen to you!

I didn't know you could send it to KFC. :lol: That's fine and I'm sure they'll give me free dinner for lifetime in place of apology :giggle:. I personally blame Manager for no "sensitivity training". It's clearly noticeable with different employees with same manager.

Let me know of their response. I wasn't sure who actually "owns" combo restaurant, KFC or TB?, I do have one restaurant in southern Overland Park, KS that have three-in-one combo which is KFC/TB/PizzaHut which is one of 5 or 10 restaurant across USA. It had been there since 1987 as an "experimental" restaurant. I went there recently three weeks ago and :eek2: they're still here!! Nice people with great service.

Catty

Remember that what used to be small is now medium. What was medium is now large. What was a large is now grande.

I used to work at Jack in the Box when I was in high school. We had a few people who couldnt read in English but they were never put at the front taking orders so I doubt a company would allow people who couldnt read take orders. I think it has to do with laziness or being careless. During my 3 years working at Jack in the Box, I have had coworkers who hated their jobs and sometimes would do a lousy job on purpose for kicks. They usually got caught and fired.

aww jeez i hate when it happens i went to McDonald near my home once oh jeez a cashier was being rude to me order wrong order i ordered chicken mcnugget and i got chicken burger instead ugh
so i went to the manager and told him about my order and he apologized to me and give me the right order. but i am not really happy with the rude service as i stop go there and don't go there much anymore.

I quite literally have had similar experiences. And yes, sometimes it was because the order taker was being careless. But there were quite a few times I discovered it was a food preparer who was so trained into being an factory line worker, that they pretty much stopping thinking for themselves! That of course, didn't surprise me that much.

But what did surprise me was how often workers in these would retaliate in various ways when they recognized me b/c I had complained they got my order wrong previously.

For example I'd say, I wanted very little lettuce on my burger at BK or a sub at subway. What would I get? Enough lettuce to make a huge salad! When this sort of thing started happening, I first thought "maybe their just mis-hearing my order." So I wrote down my orders (and I would order the exact same thing each time I went in). Oddly, I'd get the same results. Again, I thought, "well maybe it's My handwriting." So I printed out my order after that. And in Subways case, I even faxed & emailed it, Same response.

So fed up with it, the next time I went in to BK with my printed order and ordered three burgers. I paid for it, waited until my order came and called the mgr over before opening up my order, and then I proceeded to collect all the lettuce together from each of the burgers on one of the wrappers and then politely handed the mgr my copy of the printed order I made previously and asked "Since this isn't the first time this has happened here and my earlier polite complaints seem to be not working. So this time, I want *you* to tell me what you want me to do here - Should I simply ask for a refund for all this excess lettuce that I got charged for, but didn't order? Or, do want me to simply refuse it like other customers have done previously and make you throw it all away and lose some of your profit in the process and insist you make me three new burgers?"

The look I got from the food preparers in back and the mgr back to them, if looks could kill, there would've been a nuclear event that day... The mgr gave me a refund, told me I could keep the current burgers and please have a seat while she has them make up another set of three immediately.

While I sat down, I could tell she was having more than a few heated words with the group in back, occasionally punctuated with phrases like 'shrinkage', 'loyal customers', with a louder 'what were you thinking?', and 'Do you want corporate to tell us we need to find a job somewhere else?'.

After wards she brought out with the new burgers, handed me a complimentary meal card and thanked me for being such a patient customer, and said that she hoped I would come again soon. That mgr at BK got it right.

Unfortunately, I can't say that for the mgr at Subway when I pointed it out similarly when they did the exactly same thing with ONE SUB - he merely shrugged his shoulders and asked the next person what their order was.

I quite literally have had similar experiences. And yes, sometimes it was because the order taker was being careless. But there were quite a few times I discovered it was a food preparer who was so trained into being an factory line worker, that they pretty much stopping thinking for themselves! That of course, didn't surprise me that much.

But what did surprise me was how often workers in these would retaliate in various ways when they recognized me b/c I had complained they got my order wrong previously.

For example I'd say, I wanted very little lettuce on my burger at BK or a sub at subway. What would I get? Enough lettuce to make a huge salad! When this sort of thing started happening, I first thought "maybe their just mis-hearing my order." So I wrote down my orders (and I would order the exact same thing each time I went in). Oddly, I'd get the same results. Again, I thought, "well maybe it's My handwriting." So I printed out my order after that. And in Subways case, I even faxed & emailed it, Same response.

So fed up with it, the next time I went in to BK with my printed order and ordered three burgers. I paid for it, waited until my order came and called the mgr over before opening up my order, and then I proceeded to collect all the lettuce together from each of the burgers on one of the wrappers and then politely handed the mgr my copy of the printed order I made previously and asked "Since this isn't the first time this has happened here and my earlier polite complaints seem to be not working. So this time, I want *you* to tell me what you want me to do here - Should I simply ask for a refund for all this excess lettuce that I got charged for, but didn't order? Or, do want me to simply refuse it like other customers have done previously and make you throw it all away and lose some of your profit in the process and insist you make me three new burgers?"

The look I got from the food preparers in back and the mgr back to them, if looks could kill, there would've been a nuclear event that day... The mgr gave me a refund, told me I could keep the current burgers and please have a seat while she has them make up another set of three immediately.

While I sat down, I could tell she was having more than a few heated words with the group in back, occasionally punctuated with phrases like 'shrinkage', 'loyal customers', with a louder 'what were you thinking?', and 'Do you want corporate to tell us we need to find a job somewhere else?'.

After wards she brought out with the new burgers, handed me a complimentary meal card and thanked me for being such a patient customer, and said that she hoped I would come again soon. That mgr at BK got it right.

Unfortunately, I can't say that for the mgr at Subway when I pointed it out similarly when they did the exactly same thing with ONE SUB - he merely shrugged his shoulders and asked the next person what their order was.
Have you tried contacting HQ? Sometimes, they will apologize and give you coupons for free stuff.

You should also do those surveys that those places have. It's usually online with info provided on the back of their receipts. :)

I always do those. I get free burgers and entries to win $1,000 or $5,000. :)

I used to go to fast food restaurants on a regular basis. Sometimes my order got mixed up and sometimes it didn't.

For those occasions that it got mixed up--I usually asked for them to fix it with a smile.

Now a days--I don't go out to fast food restaurants often as I am opting to eat at home. When I do go out to a fast food restaurant--I usually end up with a gastrointestinal fiestas.....

I had no problems at McDonalds recently. For dinner, I went to Chiptotle and I just pointed out what I wanted.

however, I hated drive-thru because they always mixed up orders. they know you won't came back after driving back home or work 15-20 minutes away....

I used to go to fast food restaurants on a regular basis. Sometimes my order got mixed up and sometimes it didn't.

For those occasions that it got mixed up--I usually asked for them to fix it with a smile.

Now a days--I don't go out to fast food restaurants often as I am opting to eat at home. When I do go out to a fast food restaurant--I usually end up with a gastrointestinal fiestas.....

however, I hated drive-thru because they always mixed up orders. they know you won't came back after driving back home or work 15-20 minutes away....

I had no problem with it. What I did was driving up to intercom and tell them "I'm Deaf" "Meet Window". Then I wrote down the order and drove up to window and handed it over. Clerk put orders on computer then I paid them cost of order. Then pulled to next window and they gave me correct order. It work every time. :rofl2:

Catty

Sheesh! :lol: Sound like you had a "cold war" at BK ended with a peace :rofl:

Subway mgr aren't nice. I would just simply go another Subway or Quizno's Sub.

Catty

I had this same problem with KFC, I wrote down exactly what I want, in perfect prints that is so easy to read.

I got the order wrong. I reported it back to the cashier - guess what, that cashier is actually the manager! He have me a bad attitude so I called KCF Headquarter and explain what happened, send them copies of receipt and my notes, etc.

Two weeks later, that manager got fired by KCF headquarter.

Back