Facebook observations...

A Nihilist

Premium Member
Reaction score
Thought I'd start a thread on what you have noticed that is true/funny about facebook.

I'll start: I notice that the hotter a girl is the more male than female comments she gets on her pictures. And vice versa, for an ugly girl or even a "5" I see more female comments than male comments saying, "Wow how pretty!"

So from this you can actually determine how hot a girl is by calculating the proportion of male vs female comments. If it's almost all male, whoa she's smoking hot but almost all female, well, that's a face only a mother can love.

How about you?

The most funny and sometimes embarrasing comments come from family members. Lol

I think it might depend on your age group. The people I comment are usually friends kids, or grandchildren pictures, and those the same for me.

Also fellow dog lovers. I don't really know too many people who want comments on their glamour.

Hahahahaha

Wait, I think most if the comments on my pics are from women.....

I don't like your theory -_-

;)

I'll have to think of something.....

I guess this depends on the group of people and whether the majority of them are married(or soon to be divorced).

At least, of the women I know, most good looking women have a lot of female friends.

And, if she was a, "5" wouldn't that be average?

Sometimes I've wondered if those displayed in the section under People You May Know is a way to tell who has viewed your page recently? Some profiles are continually shown and it doesn't seem like they were randomly chosen. :hmm:

I've been noticing that too....

Sometimes I've wondered if those displayed in the section under People You May Know is a way to tell who has viewed your page recently? Some profiles are continually shown and it doesn't seem like they were randomly chosen. :hmm:

Care to elaborate? Any stories to share?
Idk if its just my family or what.. But my cousins and i take embarrasing pictures of each other and upload them. Probably the winner is of my sister walking around with toilet paper stuck on her pants. And then my grandma says the truth on how you look. So this cousin of mine uploaded a picture with her newly died blond hear and well she is dark skin. My grandma..."si de por si estas bien fea te terminastes de desgraciAr" so translation.."you already are ugly you juat finished disgracing yourself"

Sometimes I've wondered if those displayed in the section under People You May Know is a way to tell who has viewed your page recently?

I notice that it's sometimes friends of friends that I looked at.

Going on a tangent I notice that you can also tell which one of your friends is stalking you if you see a lot of posts from them even what they "Like" or Comments they've made on other pages.

I have a "friend" who had a crush on me in high school and I notice that sometimes I'll see on my wall that she likes some business and even comments that people have made to HER wall. :hmm:

Weird. Just last night I was telling my Mom that Facebook really really really wants me to be friends with This one guy, he was suggested to me 5 times in 5 minutes lol. Of my 5 brothers and sisters and my parents I think I'm the only one that's not friends with him. But I did wonder why they kept showing him.

I notice that it's sometimes friends of friends that I looked at.

Going on a tangent I notice that you can also tell which one of your friends is stalking you if you see a lot of posts from them even what they "Like" or Comments they've made on other pages.

I have a "friend" who had a crush on me in high school and I notice that sometimes I'll see on my wall that she likes some business and even comments that people have made to HER wall. :hmm:

Wish I can go back and check for that too, but I have closed my page since, but yeah, I often wondered about why certain individuals kept appearing, even when logging back in.

I don't set the profile info public... the only public sees my page as my name, profile pic with the message saying "Do know know this person, add him as friend or message him" or something like that.

That's what I have mine set to. The suggested friends, people you may know showa up in my news feeds now A LOT ever since the last change.

:hmm: I haven't noticed that about the friends suggestions. Though the reason for that is because of how my screen resolution/size is set up. When I view the FB page I only see part of it and have to scroll a billion times (exaggeration but it feels like it) to see the right side of the page with my notification center and the friends suggested. So many times that part of the page gets ignored. I miss the days when the notification center was on the LEFT side of the page...

FB and many websites these days are not exactly blind/vision impaired friendly...

I spend almost zero time on FaceBook. I use it to see extended family and a few pictures every so often. Other then that I think it is a HUGe waste of time. Teenagers live on their phones, I see a group of teens out at lunch and no one is talking to each other. They have their phones in their face. I don't think I have anything that important to share with a group of "friends". If I want to chat with a friend I do it via text or email.
Plus I don't want my kids to think I am spying on them.

I hate it when people make it their status--please watch this video. It's funny!!!

One of my friends made a vlog about going into spa and claiming that this person has bad breath.

Other friend posted that his Mom got ripped off buying a car with no AC compression.

Other friend of mine was posting about Julius Peppers being a traitor for going from Bears to Packers.

:hmm: I haven't noticed that about the friends suggestions. Though the reason for that is because of how my screen resolution/size is set up. When I view the FB page I only see part of it and have to scroll a billion times (exaggeration but it feels like it) to see the right side of the page with my notification center and the friends suggested. So many times that part of the page gets ignored. I miss the days when the notification center was on the LEFT side of the page...

FB and many websites these days are not exactly blind/vision impaired friendly...

I usually go on it with my phone lately. My daughter is forever in possession of my laptop :) plus slow times at work.....anyway.....on the mobile app there is not all that stuff on the left and right, just your news feeds and those suggested friends will show up like posts in it.

I usually go on it with my phone lately. My daughter is forever in possession of my laptop :) plus slow times at work.....anyway.....on the mobile app there is not all that stuff on the left and right, just your news feeds and those suggested friends will show up like posts in it.

That's true- same with my phone- I like that about FB. Still looking for a way to bump up the size of text on my Android phone though. iPad isn't too bad- on that app, amazingly enough, the notification center etc is on the left side lol. App doesn't let me zoom in much though and for some reason the Chrome browser crashes a ton of time when I try to access FB. hmm.. so does Safari!

Back