Facebook issues

MattyinAus

Reaction score
Hey. I seem sometimes having trouble using Facebook. I am forced to keep it because it stay in contact with my family and distance friends who I met a while ago.

So Facebook, its quite overrated these days. If without it, I would never ever have any interrelationship with a person for short term social plannings like last minute trips, going out for food/shopping and that. Most of the time when I make a status, I usually talk to myself which it pisses me off. I have nearly 400 friends on there and I'm very confident for anyone to like it or even comment it. But most of the time when I make a status I stay lonely. I don't know what I did wrong. I didn't use negative or rude shit on it. Like I talked about my US visa. No one respond to it. So I deleted my statuses like I did before.

Same for photos. I always see other people have so much more likes and comments than I do. This reflects how poor my social life or something like that is because it means people care for that person to like and comment it. I doesn't get that much at all which makes me lonely all the time. Highest likes I ever made is 23. 23 out of 400ish which is incredibly sorry and shocking for me compared other person have 150 likes out of 500 friends! How possible for that person to get this much likes for something much smaller thing happening compared to my stuff.

Getting a US job as my first international experience is so much bigger thing than having a new profile picture of a person who is about to go to the conference. That person get 150 likes and 20 comments out of 500 friends compared to me 23 likes and 19 comments.

So I guess I totally so right about myself. I'm not trying to be negative here, I mean I see as myself as a problem to other people for no reason. People now days easily picky and excuse for other person weakness. So, I can't solve this problem because I can't force people to like my status or photo more than before and or deleting my account because of losing contacts with family and friends.

Okay this is a competition. For the status I just made below:

"Can't wait to do a tree planting day this Sunday! I feel good about looking after our environment!"

Guess how many likes and comments to get possible. If the person get its right. I pay you $5000 and I lose my opportunity to US.

Outside life is very similar as well. I still have people talking to me but it not the liking and disliking crap over the social media. It just lack of acceptance for doing something else than uni work together. I mostly see these people at classes and group assignments but never outside of classes like I see other people usually do.

Anyone have this similar issues? Facebook is ruining your life?

I have a Facebook account so I can view pictures that my family posts but I rarely post any comments. I have nothing on my Facebook page. It's too much for me to keep up with, and I think many people post way too much stuff.

It's a convenient way for people to keep in touch but sometimes it's just plain TMI.

In my opinion.

I have lost interest in Facebook, I have a few reasons why It is not so great for me now.

1. Half of my friends would post bullshit statuses that make it look like they are having a fabulous time while they are not really. ( i really don't understand why they feel the need to do that.)

2. I have a very low tolerance for disrespectful people and People who base their whole life on what other people thinks. so I went through a Rotten apples sorting phase. My friends lists went from 150 to 29. (Sad isn't it) So, those who remained on my list were either Old friends or relatives that is usually too busy with their lives.

3. Finally. THE FARMVILLE GAME REQUESTS...... UGH. To whoever invented Farmville..... >.>

i much the same matty,but dont rate your life on fb,is it not better to have just a few friends who are for real not fb they not real people and it sad people rate their life by it.i only use it for pic and fb games i play on my own kill few mins...i fed up with farmville and every other sh1tville games i do not do anymore or do i write comments

I agree with Caz! Matty, it does not matter how many people likes somebody else's status. You shouldn't compare your page/life to other people's. Just be yourself and stop worrying about what people think. Believe me you will see a difference in your life.

i watch jermy kyle in morning(that really is sad)and the amount of people who cock there life up because of fb is tradgic

Jeremy Kyle? what is the story behind the name? and did you really say "cock" lol :P haha

Well I don't know how these people get accepted more than I expected? I didn't make my life miserable at all. Lot of people always see me as unhappy kind of person while I am actually happy :S

Now I got five likes so far for that status I told you before. If I am easily being accepted as a person from the general society. It would be easily have about 25 likes so far like other people on my friends list. Also more than 50% of my photos are actually tagged by myself. Pretty sad. Spending on my own too much.

Jeremy Kyle? what is the story behind the name? and did you really say "cock" lol :P haha

he chap on uk tv also do american one.. lie detectors dna that sort of thing,the people he got on(i use word people loosly)got about 20 kids different fathers no work and state pays for children that sort of thing....if you want get angery and wonder why you bothered to work and lead decent life that the show to watch..simlar to maury but kyle lets rip at them where maury polite..
yes i said 'cock up'means made mistake lots people use it here.like i made cock up when gave in had fag this morning been trying give up fags for ages .it would not be offensive here just lazy(fag ciggie)lol
and fb his biggest hate,people say do most offensive stuff like tell someone they not the dad or you got a kid..no guts to say it to face.90%or more use it on his show caused lots of heartache

Allright, i am not used to the different terms/words that Uk People tends to use. so mind me.

ok no worries...i had two lives one hearing one deaf 30yrs, i still use lots of coloqualisms i did when young live in hearing family

Maybe you cut on contact or you avoid on figure out on lots of issues life on personal difficult hard! pretty complication , I don't like facebook but . honest facebook is too many social both twitter same social my opinion, It is very high secure to protect to family respect to family happy focus your life happy encourage to happy joy faithful your trust to friends or best close friendship :) be careful not obsession because avoid on social but if suppose better you go to focus out club happy reduce your happy! instead job or your happy peace anytime around positive trust!

matty why is it so important have likes..you say you are happy then say you sad...fb sad period..like derek i manage get through my life with no fb..IT NOT IMPORTANT go out live a life with real people Smith is right

I have lost interest in Facebook, I have a few reasons why It is not so great for me now.

1. Half of my friends would post bullshit statuses that make it look like they are having a fabulous time while they are not really. ( i really don't understand why they feel the need to do that.)

2. I have a very low tolerance for disrespectful people and People who base their whole life on what other people thinks. so I went through a Rotten apples sorting phase. My friends lists went from 150 to 29. (Sad isn't it) So, those who remained on my list were either Old friends or relatives that is usually too busy with their lives.

3. Finally. THE FARMVILLE GAME REQUESTS...... UGH. To whoever invented Farmville..... >.>

1. Unfriend them.
2. Put "friends" in different group on limited what they cannot see your awesome stuff.
3. Block application, then you won't see again

Facebook has allowed me to not keep up with the people from school that I hadn't kept up with! I keep the list small, and most of my real friends are like me and don't update all the time. So when I do check up on things, I'm not going through a lot of BS.

Back