Facebook Band Like Invites..

VacationGuy234

Reaction score
The majority of my hearing friends are either in bands or associated with bands. And, I'm getting a lot of invites to, "like" these bands. In addition, I'm getting a lot of invites to, "see" these bands as well, which is something I cannot do. Places that feature live bands are not good for me because I can't hear the band, nor can I understand the people talking in a group, over loud music(or without for that matter).

I've thought about sending out a gentle reminder to people that I can't hear so I don't offend them by not accepting the like or not seeing the band. However, I've been getting quite a few of these lately and I don't really want to keep going through this every time.

I'm wondering how others have dealt with this situation..

I'm sure they figured that not ALL of their Facebook friends will accept their invitations to "like" their pages.

If you're concerned, you can accept the invitation and then hid their newsfeed. I'm sure you can "like" their page and not have to read updates.

I just ignore them. I don't think people actually go through their whole friends list and invite people individually. They just invite all, so I don't think they're being insensitive or thoughtless, more like lazy.

I've had people ask why I'm not going to the events. I can handle it on a per-ask basis, but there will be some who will nor bother to ask.

Or, they ask if I am mad about something. :shock:

Be yourself, with your honest. They will understand. I tend to ignore them if they send me soemthing. Its no bother.

I've had people ask why I'm not going to the events. I can handle it on a per-ask basis, but there will be some who will nor bother to ask.

Do your friends honestly do not know that you have a hearing loss?

Anyway, I think the above posts are likely right -- that they just send a request/invite to everyone on their friends' lists. It probably was harmless. But for you to get asked personally why you don't go .. hmm ?

Back