Everything about iPhone

FaceTime over 3G come with iOS 5?

The most observant of you surely remember the words of Steve Jobs when, about a year ago, presented FaceTime, the new service from Apple that make video calls from the device IOS, at first only fourth-generation iPhone. With a little 'amazement, it turned out, indeed it was the same Steve Jobs to announce that FaceTime would have been a feature WiFi only "throughout 2010. At the end of the fifth month of 2011, one wonders if the new iOS 5 things will change.

facetime_views20110426-414x247.png

Certainly almost no one expected that FaceTime also on the 3G network could be introduced without a major upgrade of IOS, which could then update to match its new5.0 firmware that Apple will be presented June 6 on the stage of the Moscone Center during the Keynote d ' opening of the WWDC 2011.
facetime_camera_back20100901-414x301.png

Could FaceTime on 3G as one of five new IOS? Very likely. Technically, Apple could implement this function from the beginning. However, to ensure that users always have as an efficient and precise, he preferred to wait and launch FaceTime only WiFi to test primarily the use by users and also to assess the prevalence (FaceTime could initially be used only between 4 iPhone , then also on your Mac, iPod touch and fourth-generation iPad 2), which was limited by its need to be connected to a WiFi network for video calls another contact.

Apple has nevertheless proved to be very careful with regard to this technologyhas been improved with every new iPhone firmware update, both internally and through integration with other applications on Mac and implementing the new cam in HD on newer models models . Precisely for this reason, given also the good results obtained by FaceTime on 3G iPhone on jailbroken (thanks to programs such as 3G Unrestrictor available via Cydia), there would be no surprise that in 2011, just 5 with IOS, Apple will allow users to FaceTime is used in WiFi on 3G.

If this happens, Apple users could hypothetically video calls to each other completely free of charge. However, it remains to understand what might be the response of the Italian telephone operators faced with a similar solution that both recalls the VoIP, certainly not loved by some, and what the actual traffic flow data users.

Recalling the words of Steve Jobs " FaceTime will only work on WiFi for 2010 "we are quite confident that Apple can implement iOS 5 video in the long-awaited 3G iPhone and iPad 2.

WebMaish: FaceTime in 3G finally comes with iOS 5

FaceTime video quality is very clear than Tango, Fring, Skype and others. Deaf customers won't want Cydia jailbreak app or don't know how to install it. I will find out about WWDC on June 6.

Great ! But I wish Iphone 5 for Sprint as 4g or LTE I want unlimit data I don't like Verzion and ATT never have unlimit data , they fked up greedy much limit data more cost.

VZ does have unlimited data which I have one right now. :)

Research first careful.

Great ! But I wish Iphone 5 for Sprint as 4g or LTE I want unlimit data I don't like Verzion and ATT never have unlimit data , they fked up greedy much limit data more cost.

Get HTC Evo.

So? What you waiting for? Go get it before unlimited data gone. Complain too much is waste of time.

Snallga was just told you that unlimited data under Verizon won't be last longer, it don't means he/she needs to buy phone from Verizon now.

Snallga was just told you that unlimited data under Verizon won't be last longer, it don't means he/she needs to buy phone from Verizon now.

So? What you waiting for? Go get it before unlimited data gone. Complain too much is waste of time.

I still have unlimited data plan under AT&T not Verizon. I will have to upgrade new phone with front facing camera soon.

I still have unlimited data plan under AT&T not Verizon. I will have to upgrade new phone with front facing camera soon.

Yes. The next-generation iPhone, alternately described in rumors as the iPhone 4S and the iPhone 5, is believed to begin production in August ahead of a September or October release. But Steve Jobs will take next conference soon.

iPhone 4S is adding hybrid GSM-CDMA functionality and a SIM card slot for some countries except United States. iPhone 5 will include both GSM and CDMA chip without SIM card slot.

Yes. The next-generation iPhone, alternately described in rumors as the iPhone 4S and the iPhone 5, is believed to begin production in August ahead of a September or October release. But Steve Jobs will take next conference soon.

iPhone 4S is adding hybrid GSM-CDMA functionality and a SIM card slot for some countries except United States. iPhone 5 will include both GSM and CDMA chip without SIM card slot.

How do you know about iPhone 4S and 5 will have GSM-CDMA chips? Will it apply to both ATT and Verizon? I am curious.

When I bought my iPhone 3 weeks ago, I got the $54.99/month unlimited deaf plan. I talked with the rep about this (and she called whomever at Verizon to verify) that I'm grandfathered into this plan, so I would always be seeing the $54.99/month for the next 2 years.

When I bought my iPhone 3 weeks ago, I got the $54.99/month unlimited deaf plan. I talked with the rep about this (and she called whomever at Verizon to verify) that I'm grandfathered into this plan, so I would always be seeing the $54.99/month for the next 2 years.

You can keep grandfathered data plan for next two years. But I will see Sprint data plan for next iPhone if available end of year.

AlleyCat, did you upgrade? Or switched? from another plan?

Wirelessly posted (sent from a smartphone. )

There's an iphone knock off that runs on Android OS LOL. It looks like an iPhone.

I have been grandfathered into Verizon's unlimited data plan as so long as I do not change my contract. Happy for that!

Back