Everything about iPhone

Question:

I am done downloading iOS 4.3 into my iphone. I wonder if I can able to use personal hotspot while I am grandfathered? Or does it require to get data with a tethering plan?

Question:

I am done downloading iOS 4.3 into my iphone. I wonder if I can able to use personal hotspot while I am grandfathered? Or does it require to get data with a tethering plan?
it's 4GB DataPro 4GB for iPhone Tethering is 45 dollars a month without VPN access (without enterprise [block VPN access]) if you have old plan iPhone unlimited internet with tethering plan... if you have grandfathered with a unlimited internet access without
tethering plan. if you switch to 4GB DataPro with iPhone Tethering plan 45 dollars you can not change back your grandfathered old price plan anymore. you have to choice three things 200GB DataPlus plan or 2GB DataPro Plan without tethering plan or 4 GB DataPro Plan with tethering

Thank you

On March 11, iPhone running iOS 4.3 will have that Personal Hotspot

Personal Hotspot allows other iPhones to connect to your iPhone to use Apple’s video calling standard FaceTime over a 3G connection.

I had download to update my iPhone 4 for iOS 4.3 verison,

I was test on my iPhone for Facetime on i0S 4.3 the pop up message say " FaceTime Failed Connect to a Wi-Fi network to use FaceTime." i was using 3G data connection.

I has upgraded "DataPro 4GB for iPhone Tethering" I was setting wireless hotspot it is works. I can connect 3 different method of connections " WiFi, Bluetooth, USB (able to charge battery and using usb iPhone as Modem same time)

Last edited:
it's 4GB DataPro 4GB for iPhone Tethering is 45 dollars a month without VPN access (without enterprise [block VPN access]) if you have old plan iPhone unlimited internet with tethering plan... if you have grandfathered with a unlimited internet access without
tethering plan. if you switch to 4GB DataPro with iPhone Tethering plan 45 dollars you can not change back your grandfathered old price plan anymore. you have to choice three things 200GB DataPlus plan or 2GB DataPro Plan without tethering plan or 4 GB DataPro Plan with tethering

Thank you

Should change updated TAP for 4 GB DataPro Plan with Tethering without voice plan.

Old TAP
http://www.wireless.att.com/learn/a...ources/text-accessibility-plan-for-iphone.jsp

Should change updated TAP for 4 GB DataPro Plan with Tethering without voice plan.

Old TAP
Text Accessibility Plans for iPhone® - Wireless from AT&T

you have to call AT&T TAP Customer Service:

if you using Nextalk Software IP TTY or Traditional TTY machine with landline phone or direct connection to your cellphone: 1-866-241-6567 TTY

If you perfer to use VRS (videophone with interperter) call TAP Customer Service -- VOICE 1-866-241-6568

If you have current iphone with myAT&T apps:

click myAT&T icon

click Wireless then enter your phone number and password then enter security passcode (Optional) select "Features" then select wireless phone number you have iphone with registered then select it scroll down you see "DataPro 4GB for iPhone"

if you have AT&T billing online on your laptop or desktop....

select myWireless

enter your phone number and password click GO then enter security passcode (optional)

click My Services then click "Manage Features"

you will see iPhone 3G Tethering features -- DataPro 4GB for iPhone

REMEMBER DO NOT CHANGE RATE PLAN: DISABILITY SMARTPHONE NO MONTHLY FEES, NO FREE ALLOWANCE MINUTES --- PAY YOU AS GO AT 40 CENTS PER MINUTES 24 HOURS/ 7 DAYS /365 DAYS YEAR FOR VOICE OR PLUG IN COMPACT TTY MACHINE

YOU CAN CHANGE YOUR DATA & TEXT FEATURES, YOU CAN MANAGE TEXT MESSAGE ALLOWANCE 200, 1000 AND UNLIMITED TEXT MESSAGES.... DATA PLUS 200MB $15 per month overage is $15 per 200MB DataPro 2GB without Tethering features without Enterprise $25 per month overage $10 for 1 GB each DataPro 2GB without tethering features with Enterprise $40 per month overage $10 per 1 GB each
DataPro 4GB with tethering features without Enterprise $45 per month overage $10.00 per month DataPro 4GB with tethering features with Enterprise $60 dollars a month overage will be $10 per 1 GB each

What a bummer.. I am grandfathered without a tethering plan. For those who are grandfathered long ago with a tethering plan are very lucky.

you have to call AT&T TAP Customer Service:

if you using Nextalk Software IP TTY or Traditional TTY machine with landline phone or direct connection to your cellphone: 1-866-241-6567 TTY

If you perfer to use VRS (videophone with interperter) call TAP Customer Service -- VOICE 1-866-241-6568

If you have current iphone with myAT&T apps:

click myAT&T icon

click Wireless then enter your phone number and password then enter security passcode (Optional) select "Features" then select wireless phone number you have iphone with registered then select it scroll down you see "DataPro 4GB for iPhone"

if you have AT&T billing online on your laptop or desktop....

select myWireless

enter your phone number and password click GO then enter security passcode (optional)

click My Services then click "Manage Features"

you will see iPhone 3G Tethering features -- DataPro 4GB for iPhone

REMEMBER DO NOT CHANGE RATE PLAN: DISABILITY SMARTPHONE NO MONTHLY FEES, NO FREE ALLOWANCE MINUTES --- PAY YOU AS GO AT 40 CENTS PER MINUTES 24 HOURS/ 7 DAYS /365 DAYS YEAR FOR VOICE OR PLUG IN COMPACT TTY MACHINE

YOU CAN CHANGE YOUR DATA & TEXT FEATURES, YOU CAN MANAGE TEXT MESSAGE ALLOWANCE 200, 1000 AND UNLIMITED TEXT MESSAGES.... DATA PLUS 200MB $15 per month overage is $15 per 200MB DataPro 2GB without Tethering features without Enterprise $25 per month overage $10 for 1 GB each DataPro 2GB without tethering features with Enterprise $40 per month overage $10 per 1 GB each
DataPro 4GB with tethering features without Enterprise $45 per month overage $10.00 per month DataPro 4GB with tethering features with Enterprise $60 dollars a month overage will be $10 per 1 GB each

I won't change DataPro 4GB w/ tethering. I'm grandfathered unlimited data plan and jackbreaking tethering and Facetime over 3G. I will wait to get iOS 5 next month or so.

I won't change DataPro 4GB w/ tethering. I'm grandfathered unlimited data plan and jackbreaking tethering and Facetime over 3G. I will wait to get iOS 5 next month or so.

Ok, will jailbreaking provide iOS 4.3 soon?

Same here. I prefer to keep unlimited data plan.. I won't accept 4GB data plan unless AT&T changes back to unlimited data plan.

What a bummer.. I am grandfathered without a tethering plan. For those who are grandfathered long ago with a tethering plan are very lucky.

No, tethering plan has been never adopted in iPhone under att service until they switched to tiered plan with tethering support.

Did you use more than 4 GB? If not so why does matter to you?

Did you use more than 4 GB? If not so why does matter to you?
Chevy 57 has old disability unlimited data plan for iPhone 4 if he switch to 4GB DataPlus he will not back to grandfathered unlimited plan. He is better to keep his old grandfathered unlimited plan forever, it does not increase the pricing plan in future.

He can do jailbroken to allow iphone personal hotspot or Phone as modem (PAM) also He can use FaceTime over the cellular 3G internet service.

I use my Iphone using WiFi all of times, it only under 4 GB one month cycle, I can call Z4 P2P and Tango video chat often on my iPhone 4. when I use wireless 3G internet service usage only under 500MB in one month cycle that is it! I don't have any overage charges.

I rather to keep unlimited data plan with a jailbreaking tethering or extra moola for tethering service...either way.

Fuck DataPro plan. It would be very nice if AT&T gives us back unlimited data plan with tethering service, but I seriously doubt anyway.

Iphone 5

6650resizel.jpg

Possible details about Apple’s upcoming iPhone 5 have emerged from an unlikely source: Sony CEO Sir Howard Stringer.

Source

This looks like comb of the 3GS and 4G?

I thought that white iPhone 4 is slightly thicker than the black iPhone 4. White iPhone 4 is roughly 0.2mm thicker than the black iPhone 4.
white_iPhone_depth-036-400x266.jpg

Consumer Reports says Apple's White iPhone is not thicker than black version.

two-iphones-thumb-598xauto-640.jpg

http://news.consumerreports.org/ele...iphone-is-not-thicker-than-black-version.html

I still confused about size between white one and black one. But I will bring my iChair case on my black iPhone 4 to Apple Store and see how to fit it with white iPhone 4 somedays.

The white phone could appear to be thicker because white just looks 'bigger' than black to the eye.

I'll go with the Consumer Reports findings. Like I said in my other thread, why even worry about the color of it if it is going to have an otterbox wrapped around it??

I thought that white iPhone 4 is slightly thicker than the black iPhone 4. White iPhone 4 is roughly 0.2mm thicker than the black iPhone 4.
white_iPhone_depth-036-400x266.jpg

Consumer Reports says Apple's White iPhone is not thicker than black version.

two-iphones-thumb-598xauto-640.jpg

Apple's White iPhone is not thicker than black version

I still confused about size between white one and black one. But I will bring my iChair case on my black iPhone 4 to Apple Store and see how to fit it with white iPhone 4 somedays.

One thing I did notice though, the calipers were not measured in the same spot on both phones. I think they should have measured right on the 'home button' on both phones. But still Consumer Reports is pretty accurate when it comes to consumer products.

Back