Everyone Should Have Hearing Aids

brotheryellow

Reaction score
i just blogged about this idea that digital signal processors can be like an iphone or ipod and its just another technology that can benefit everyone. It can also mute sounds out that are annoying! Hear what you want, and not what you dont!
Everyone Should Have Hearing Aids | Brotheryellow :wave:

i just blogged about this idea that digital signal processors can be like an iphone or ipod and its just another technology that can benefit everyone. It can also mute sounds out that are annoying! Hear what you want, and not what you dont!

No. I don't think you know what you are talking about. Do you have hearing loss or wear hearing aids?
If you do you know that hearing aids aren't like normal ears, they can't ignore noise. You are hyping technology that works well with NORMAL EARS that are able to block out noise.

If you have severe enough hearing loss, hearing aids are NOT BENEFICIAL. and to your point that EVERYBODY should have hearing aids, why would you handicap people who have normal hearing, hearing that evolved over millennia with artificial and flawed hearing that has only existed for 70-80 years?
The cochlea is incredibly and wonderfully complicated and perfected over hinders of thousands of years to hear and process sounds.
With my hearing aids, I can hear loud stuff. I can sometimes know if sound comes from one side. I can maybe hear speech a little better.
Even before my hearing was this bad my hearing aids only made things louder.
Hearing aids aren't like glasses, they don't correct hearing in the way glasses can correct vision.

Not all d/Deaf/HOH wear hearing aids. Some are not comfortable with hearing aids. Others threw away and don't need them. Don't forget about CI which is better than hearing aid. I have to agree with ecp. The hearing people have been trying to get us into sound technologies for us to hear like you said iPhone or iPad for many years. Yep, hearing aids are not benefit. :(

Everyone should wear optical signal processors as well. This way, the devices can filter out the ugly people, make winter look like summer, etc.

Some people hearing is distorted and HA will not help them at all. HA do not work foe everyone.

I used to wear a hearing aide, until the sound became too much for my sensitive left ear, and I had to quit. Now the quiet is much better, and I can focus a whole lot easier. Don't ever think for a moment I'd go back to wearing a hearing aide without a GOOD REASON. This post feels like an insult to me, and I am offended.

if you want em get em, if you don't, don't.
Freedom a wicked idea. remember for many the hype is true for many its not

Back