Europe

Liebling:-))) said:
Yes we still have Schönes-Wochenende-Karte & Bayern Ticket here....

Schönes-Wochenende-Karte = nice weekends ticket cost EUR 28 up to 5 person only from 9.00 am to 3.00am (Saturday to Sunday only) which it's good for 5 persons who divided into 5.60 EUR per person....

Bayern Ticket cost EUR 21 up to 5 person for Monday to Friday only from 9.00am to 3.00am.

We (10) bought only 2 weekends tickets when we make the trip to Christmas markets everywhere with train..

Thanks for the update, Liebling:)))! I didn't know there was Bayern Ticket.

@ GnarlyDorkette, I do know that you have to buy EurailPass or Interrail passes in the USA. No way to buy it in Europe.

kuifje75 said:
Thanks for the update, Liebling:)))! I didn't know there was Bayern Ticket.

@ GnarlyDorkette, I do know that you have to buy EurailPass or Interrail passes in the USA. No way to buy it in Europe.

Welcome.... :ily:

yes, Bayern Ticket was already there at long time ago....

Achso, I didnt't live in Bavaria, so I wouldn't have known! :)
I often visited Aschaffenburg, Regensburg, Schwandorf and Munich.
My friend lives in Schwandorf. I have not seen my friend since 2001. :(

kuifje75 said:
Germans can be friendly when you know them better. Why do you think it is that way, Calva? I know Germans love privacy!!! and so do I.

Yea, they like it to be reserved at the first time...
But lots of Germans think now, we shall be more open to new faces.
When I was in Portugal last year, I saw a lot of differences between our mentalities.
For example in Portugal it's an absolute must to introduce your friends to other people and give them a little kiss.:kiss:
At first it was very unfamiliar for me but I liked it there.
In Germany again I was very amazed about the cool here:ugh:
I think, it's a self-protection... But like I said, it's only at the first moment. ;)

Calva said:
When I was in Portugal last year, I saw a lot of differences between our mentalities.
For example in Portugal it's an absolute must to introduce your friends to other people and give them a little kiss.:kiss:
I think, it's a self-protection... But like I said, it's only at the first moment. ;)

I understand what you mean/how you feeling... That's exactly what my friends here say the same how they feel when they visit to other countries.

I'm confuse what you talking about "self-protection"...

self-protection? Meinst du Selbstvertrauen? Wenn ja, dann "Self-confidence". ? Wenn nicht...
Vielleicht verstehe ich Dich falsch? Kannst du mir Bitte genau erklären, was ist das? Bitte schriebst du in Deutsch auf. Viele Danke! :kiss:

Self-defence might be a better word, Liebling:)))
I think Calva means that Germans do not want their feelings or egos hurt, so they build a wall or mask to separate from the unknown people.

kuifje75 said:
Self-defence might be a better word, Liebling:)))
I think Calva means that Germans do not want their feelings or egos hurt, so they build a wall or mask to separate from the unknown people.

Exactly what I thought so.....

Exactly what Calva said is true.....

kuifje: Yeah right, I meant self-defence to protect our feelings/ego.
I try to learn English better ;)

Lieblings: Auf Deutsch heißt das Selbstschutz.

Calva said:
kuifje: Yeah right, I meant self-defence to protect our feelings/ego.
I try to learn English better ;)

Lieblings: Auf Deutsch heißt das Selbstschutz.

Ich dachte, dass du "zurückgezogen" gemeint...

- sich gekehrt
- will nicht das Seele/Gefühl verletzt wird...

Yes, you learn English good...

I was in Berlin Germany, and then Frankfurt Germany and then I flew to Amsterdam (The Netherland) and then drove to Roswinkel and Emmen The Netherlands) to see my friends and I am planning to come back again in next few years to take my son there.

Calva wrote:
Lieblings:

It is not Lieblings but Liebling:)))

I saw "Lieblings" at gl-cafe.de forum... It´s not me...

Did you join gl-cafe.de forum? I didn´t.

CrazyRedHeadWV said:
I was in Berlin Germany, and then Frankfurt Germany and then I flew to Amsterdam (The Netherland) and then drove to Roswinkel and Emmen The Netherlands) to see my friends and I am planning to come back again in next few years to take my son there.

Interesting... Did you went there for just vacation or visit your friends there?

I am enjoying this thread!! Hello to you Europeans and Americans: We get a lot of German tourists in our area around here with their RVs and vans. :)

BTW I live in western Norway now... think I will be here for a long time. I used to live in USA (MD, Hawaii, DC). I'm still an American.

We are planning on going to Spain this summer (Mollorca). We also plan on traveling around in Europe... it's very, very cheap because we live right in Europe. Too bad it's a lot of money visiting USA... family and friends are there. It would be nice to visit Germany and France, too! Never been there before. I will listen to your recommendations if I go there :)

Other countries I have visited were Italy and Greece. Greece was very stunningly gorgeous with all the blue water... scenic countryside.. Italy wasn't bad, considering they had some kind of thieves in the subways... they say Gypsies are prone to stealing, but I would be more careful about labelling a race. There were two ladies who worked in tandem, one carrying a pouch.. looks like a baby, but not really.. a cache of stolen goods, and diversion. I really liked being in Pompeii and Sorrento, though! They say it takes three full days to completely explore the ruins of Pompeii... I only spent a day there. Blah! I would go to Italy and Greece again if given the opportunity.

Also, I agree with Kuifje - you can get your money back if you just give your recepits to the customs before you leave Europe. We have that in Norway, too! Also, be sure to ask the gift shop folks to give you a special recepit for the customs here, too...

About the self defensive thing... I think we all have that in common! We're scared of getting hurt if we expose ourselves to strangers... so I totally can see what youses mean! It can come from childhood programming I guess.. in any country.
:grouphug:

Liza, Hawaii... wow... my dream holiday... lol

Sure, I´ll be happy to recommend you anything when you have any question...when you visit to Germany.... lol...

Norway is not far from Germany.... Super.....
We can see each other one day...lol

You will be definietly surprised that when you see different interesting cultures in Europe.... Italy, Greece, etc etc etc like what I wrote at your other forum... :kiss:

I don´t want to influence your decision for not going to Mollorca... I´m agree that it´s good for you go Mollocra to learn their culture..
Honestly, I must admit that I prefer Tenerife, Ibiza, Menorca...

Last edited:
Liza said:
BTW I live in western Norway now... think I will be here for a long time. I used to live in USA (MD, Hawaii, DC). I'm still an American.

Why do u live in Europe now? And was it hard for you to leave USA?

@Liebling: Hups, sorry, I thought, you're the same person like "Lieblings" in www.gl-cafe.de
and you're German, too...
Where in Germany do u live? (if I may ask you this question)

Calva said:

@Liebling: Hups, sorry, I thought, you're the same person like "Lieblings" in www.gl-cafe.de
and you're German, too...
Where in Germany do u live? (if I may ask you this question)

Good question:
No, I´m British.
I married German & live near Nürnberg, Southern Germany (Bavaria).
What about you? I would like to know you. :lol:

Liza will answer your question anytime :lol:

Calva said:

Not only Germans, British people are very reserved and stiff upper lips too!
They judged new people very quickly after study what sort of clothes they are wearing. My Aussie husband said my family talk as if they have a plum in their mouth!

German people are number one hand shaking in the world!, I used to shake hand to my ex-German boyfriend's parents every morning and every evening to say Good Morning and Good Night during my holiday with them in Munich!!

In Australia, it has no classic!

Liebling:-))) said:
Liza, Hawaii... wow... my dream holiday... lol

Sure, I´ll be happy to recommend you anything when you have any question...when you visit to Germany.... lol...

Norway is not far from Germany.... Super.....
We can see each other one day...lol

You will be definietly surprised that when you see different interesting cultures in Europe.... Italy, Greece, etc etc etc like what I wrote at your other forum... :kiss:

I don´t want to influence your decision for not going to Mollorca... I´m agree that it´s good for you go Mollocra to learn their culture..
Honestly, I must admit that I prefer Tenerife, Ibiza, Menorca...

Sure, no problem! :thumb: My parents in law went to Tenerife and they loved it. I saw photos - looks like there are gardens, tropical and lushful places, and a cute little parrot was on my dad in law's shoulder. This year, husband and I just want to do something simple - like laying on the beach and going to the local places in the city and in the country. It'll be a relaxing week for us. I'll let you know how it goes!

Calva said:

Hi Calva,

Good questions and welcome to Alldeaf. :) I live in Europe now because my husband is a Norwegian citizen, born and raised in Norway. He could move to USA, but we both decided it would be better if I moved to Norway for the time being. He has a job that he've had for about a decade with benefits and all the works - I just graduated from an university with no solid roots in USA. Easy decision for me, but hard emotionally on me and my loved ones who live in USA. It's also good experience to live in Europe. I think every American should try it at least once in a lifetime! :D Poor Europeans! haha just teasing.

I have lived in Norway since summer 2002. Have you always lived in Germany? How do you like it? What other places have you visited in Europe, other than Portugal?

RedRum said:
Not only Germans, British people are very reserved and stiff upper lips too!
They judged new people very quickly after study what sort of clothes they are wearing. My Aussie husband said my family talk as if they have a plum in their mouth!

German people are number one hand shaking in the world!, I used to shake hand to my ex-German boyfriend's parents every morning and every evening to say Good Morning and Good Night during my holiday with them in Munich!!

In Australia, it has no classic!

Yeah, it´s true.. This is British´s way... ha ha ha... I remember exactly... I laughed when I read your topic because it remind us at long time ago... but they like to welcome new people from other countries...

Interesting.... I didn´t shake hand to my parent-in-law, that´s time I was with my boyfriend (my present husband). All is we said each other like
you what stated.. Good morning, Good Day, Good Evening...
Guten Morgen, Guten Tag, Guten Abend.... with manner behaviour...

Back