Eugenics in this modern day and age

I found few links that I thought you guys would want to see...

Clause 14 in International Signing: YouTube - Clause 14 in International Signing It has some ASL mixed in and I managed to glean some info. especially the link to: http://stopeugenics.org/ and it, in turn, leaded me to: Stop Eugenics Press Release, January 2008 | Stop Eugenics! where you can add your name in this link: ADD YOUR NAME! | Stop Eugenics! I have no idea when the signing the names will end.

Thought I'd like to include the Clause 14 in BSL just in case you know BSL or want to see what it looks like.

Last edited:
Thanks Buffalo.
I have some info on the bill although a differant aspect of it. Sorry if it's off topic. It's alarming anyway.

An attempt to ban the creation of human-animal hybrid embryos failed
last
night when the House of Lords rejected Lord Alton's amendment to the
British government's Human Fertilisation and Embryology (HFE) Bill by
votes to 96. The bill allows research on hybrid embryos for 14 days
after
their creation. The Anglican Archbishop of Canterbury and Bishop of
Winchester spoke in favour of the amendment, as did Lord Tebbit. [BBC,
January] The group Christians Concerned for Our Nation held a
demonstration outside parliament during the debate. In his blog, SPUC's
John Smeaton today writes: "It's now all the more important that
pro-lifers contact Peers to urge them to vote against the Bill at third
reading which could be as early as the 28th of this month." [SPUC
Director
blog, 16 January]

Also during the HFE Bill debate, a government spokesperson said it
might
reconsider a proposal to allow fertility clinics to produce babies with
no
biological fathers, using cells other than eggs and sperm. This
proposal
was rejected by the House of Lords last year, following objections from
fathers' groups and religious leaders according to the Telegraph.
Baroness
Royall suggested that the plan could be reintroduced in the Human and
Fertilisation and Embryology Bill when it goes to the House of Commons
later in the year. [Telegraph, 16 January]

Yes, I am waiting to get an answer from my British friend about this. I am hoping to get her answer tonight.

They covered this a few weeks ago on a Deaf TV programme called See Hear. It was very informative but some of the people on it (especially one of the people who supported the bill) were very offensive. She said, I quote.

"Would you want to deliberatley deprive a child of hearing Mozart? I think not."
...Mozart isn't that good that you should not allow a Deaf child the right to life. It got my back up because she was so ignorant.

They covered this a few weeks ago on a Deaf TV programme called See Hear. It was very informative but some of the people on it (especially one of the people who supported the bill) were very offensive. She said, I quote.

"Would you want to deliberatley deprive a child of hearing Mozart? I think not."
...Mozart isn't that good that you should not allow a Deaf child the right to life. It got my back up because she was so ignorant.

Many hearing children are never exposed to Mozart. That was a ridiculas statement.

I just came across this post.

Eeek. :eek3:

I bet Mr. Bell would've danced for joy about this topic.

Back