Esprit 3G signal transmission issue

pablofdez

Reaction score
Hi, i have a problem with my Esprit 3G. It has stopped working while i was walking, it shut down suddenly. After doing several checks:
-My cochlear implant: OK
-Cable and coil: OK (checked with the Esprit 3g for the other ear)
-Microphone: OK (did the earphone check with other person)

So i guess the problem is that the processor is not sending signal to the coil. The red light of the signal checker doesn't turn on.
Is there a faulty component that could be repaired? Or would i have to change the whole processor? The processor is 7-8 years old or so. I'm considering the option to upgrade to a newer processor.

I would appreciate any help.

Yup, you definitely need to upgrade :). You can upgrade to Nucleus 6 depending on what kind of your implant is. (If you have Nucleus 22, you can upgrade to Freedom or wait for N6 in 2015)

Or try our FB page. Cochlear implant Part. You might get a part from there. Cheer!
https://www.facebook.com/groups/CIPS.USA/

Upgrade now. The 3G is no longer supported in any way by Cochlear and they don't even want the old processors back for recycling. My daughter upgraded to the Nucleus 5 over a year ago and has much better sound quality then she had with the 3G. More flexibility in the programs, too.

Back