Epipen Price Skyrockets To $700/pair!

Reba

Retired Terp
Premium Member
Reaction score
. . . The EpiPen is an auto-injector device that delivers epinephrine, the drug that counters the effects of a fatal allergic reaction. When Mylan bought the company that manufactures the EpiPen back in 2007, the cost for a single EpiPen was $57 dollars.

Today, just 9 years later, the cost has skyrocketed to as much as $700 for a pack of two. Many insurance companies cover some or most of the cost; however, millions of children of families who cannot afford insurance must be covered by Medicare which is paid for by the American taxpayer. Others saddled with high deductibles find themselves shelling out thousands of dollars for just a few packs of the device....

More:

http://www.foxbusiness.com/markets/...g-came-as-mylan-pulled-off-tax-inversion.html

I never realized my EpiPens cost so much! *Gasp!*

I hope that gets fixed before someone is put at risk.

I saw this on the news it's disgusting putting people lives at risk for $$$! This is greed at it worst!

Horrible. For once something went right for my friend... to explain.. previously bio mother kept insisting that her younger child had bee sting allergies-- so epipens at both mom's house and dad's house (my friend's hubby). Just recently when my friend took the kid to the doc (age's 8-9..), doc said doesn't need them. (likely never needed them but oh well). If the kid still needed them and used both- the cost as it stands now would have put a world of hurt on either mother or father and mother would have tried to put it off on the father/step mother- not like they CAN afford it even WITH the kid being on their insurance!

This makes me think of Martin Shkreli jacking the price on the antiparasitic drug Daraprim from $13.50 to $750.

Ah but the really bizarre thing? Shkrell blasted the CEO of Mylan for jacking up the prize. :hmm:

ROFL! Serious? Irony.

Maybe he's probably splitting and projecting?

Yeah I saw a story on FB somewhere about it. He's trying to be strategic I guess.. get the attention off of him and onto somebody else. Still doesn't make him less of a slimebucket scuzzball.

This is the problem when the government allows company mergers that eliminates competition. They look at drugs and the cost of them as a business decision and they could care less about peoples lives as long as someone picks up the tab for the medication they are happy. As George Carlin was always saying it just shows you how bad we were getting screwed by the upper 1%!

Mergers? More like hostile takeovers in many cases. I can see the day where there is just ONE company that will rule over EVERYTHING in America.... including the Presidency.

^^ that's just MY opinion and nobody else's... doesn't mean it will or won't happen.... :)

This is clearly an argument against privatization and deregulation.

Back