Emergency Room Waiting

i went to the ER once when i had strep throat, fever, difficulty breathing, a sinus infection and an ear infection all at once. i was seen promptly given my difficulty breathing.

i also went to the ER when i had either a bad case of the flu or food poisoning (doctors weren't able to determine which one i had) and had been vomiting for several weeks. i was seen immediately and given 2 bags of IV fluids before being admitted to the hospital for 2 weeks.

my last trip to the ER was 2 years ago when i had bronchitis and again had difficulty breathing. i was seen right away due to my inability to breathe.

I'm trying to remember how many times I've been to E.R. I think.... only twice in my life. Appendix removal and a horrible ear infection.

Jan. 19, 1995--I was taken to the ER and then LifeFlighted to a major trauma center.

October 31, 2004--went to the ER with a temperature of 104 degrees. Waited, waited, and waited for 3 hours to see the doctor who finally admitted that I should have been seen earlier and was admitted into the hospital. Oh--I was a B**CH! When I'm sick like that--watch out!

August 8, 2007--Taken to the ER and waited for only 5 minutes--only to be transferred to another hospital 11 hours later--3 hours away from home!

That has been my experiences with ER's. I try not to go unless it is an absolute emergency.

what happened on Jan. 19, 1995? and August 8, 2007?

January 19, 1995-- I had the green light and a semi-truck ran a red light. T-boned me on the side.

August 8, 2007--heart attack.

heart attack!? at your age!? damn..... you were not doing some asphyxiation or ecstasy pills, aren't ya, eh eh? :hmm:

When I was 12, it took an ER dr over 4 hours to finalize the treatment before I was able to leave hospital, and that was for a broken arm.

I give thanks everyday that I rarely need to go to the hospital or a GP for that matter.

heart attack!? at your age!? damn..... you were not doing some asphyxiation or ecstasy pills, aren't ya, eh eh? :hmm:

Oh I wish! :lol:

No--family genetics. Most of the men in my family have died around 40-43. So far--my brother's have passed that danger zone-so to speak.

i have been to ER many times in my lifetime

went to ER due to black eye when i was kid not remember how long

went to ER due to pneumonia when i was 9 and attempted to the hospital after that it was not fast it was like 10 mins

went to ER due to bruised elbow at the school after a stupid kid push me and sent me slide on the floor and hit the wall school requaired me to go there RME it was like 5 mins

went to walk in clinic in the ER due to strep throat and fever waited 10 mins

went to ER in other city, a stomache infection took me right away
it was happens in near middle of night didn't get home until near 3am

I sympathize you all for those who suffered and long waiting in E.R. :shock:

I've never been to E.R. except once for painful appendicitis and I was 12 then.

I really hate bringing my kids to ER in middle of the night for hours. I always bring my kids' small toys, snacks, and their small blankets to keep them busy. Poor sick kids to have wait for many hours. We usually wait between 2 to 4 hours. sometimes less than 2 hours. yay.

thank god my kids get older and can communicate with me what's bothering them whenever they were sick. then i can detemine if they need to see doctor (or ER).

i was wrong about the last time i visited the ER. my last visit was recently after i had been manic (due to my bipolar) for the past several weeks. since i was experiencing auditory hallucinations, severe depression and paranoia, i was seen immediately and taken inpatient. i won't go to the ER unless it's absolutely necessary and even though this was considered an emergency, i needed my therapist, psychiatrist and sister to all convince me to go because i was in denial as to the severity of what was happening.

Oh I wish! :lol:

No--family genetics. Most of the men in my family have died around 40-43. So far--my brother's have passed that danger zone-so to speak.

sssshhhhhiiiiieeeeeeetttttt..... i'm glad to hear that you and your brother are going on strong. Keep on truckin'! :cool2:

do you do anything to strengthen your heart such as running and eating properly?

The last time I went to the E.R. is when I totally twisted my ankle and it swelled up like a grapefruit. even the bottom of my feet and toes were black and blue. I still waited Next morning to go to the E.R. Less busy than going in the evening hours. I did not have to wait long at all since it was at 7am.

That was almost two years ago.

LOL at Jiro and David's relays, quite hilarious, um David what is a IVP?
it sounds painful, but all the best for your recovery and happy new year, give your bird a scratch under her chin

LOL at Jiro and David's relays, quite hilarious, um David what is a IVP?
it sounds painful, but all the best for your recovery and happy new year, give your bird a scratch under her chin

Intravenous Pyelogram. simply put - a needle in your arm (hopefully not in the ballz) connected to a bag of liquid

When my husband stuck a butcher knife though his hand while separating turkey burgers, we took him to the closest walk in clinic.

They disinfected him, and stitched his hand up faster than we could have gotten to an ER>

Agreed, When my son needed stitiches or when he dislocated his shoulder and broke his wrist (one trying to ramp a bike, and the other on a skateboard), we went to a walk in urgent care facility. I have also used it when I had food poisoning.

sssshhhhhiiiiieeeeeeetttttt..... i'm glad to hear that you and your brother are going on strong. Keep on truckin'! :cool2:

do you do anything to strengthen your heart such as running and eating properly?

Just taking medication and light excercise. Kind of hard to excercise when it's raining.

Agreed, When my son needed stitiches or when he dislocated his shoulder and broke his wrist (one trying to ramp a bike, and the other on a skateboard), we went to a walk in urgent care facility. I have also used it when I had food poisoning.

hhmm... I've had a bad food poisoning a couple of times but I didn't have to go to ER for that. I just puke it out and shit it out even though I couldn't figure out how can my body expel more shit than I took in :laugh2:. My bad one lasted about 3 days.

Why did you have to go in your case?

Back