Ego Is Good!!!!

The*Empress

Reaction score
Take control of the job interview
Be persistent and committed to getting a job if you are sure it is a good match. Don't get discouraged easily. For example, Trump's longtime assistant wasn't an immediate shoe-in for the job. She offered to work for a month at a low salary to see if the two clicked. Turns out they did.

Ask for your raise at the right time
Timing is everything. Wait for the right time. Don't ask for a raise on a bad day or right before an important meeting. Waiting for the right time shows the boss you have discernment and appreciation for what he or she is going through. "Money, like comedy, is all about timing," Trump says.

Play golf
Do what you love. No matter what you do, you must be passionate about it. Trump turned his passion for golf into a winning business venture. Pursuing your passion will reward you in more ways than you ever expected.

Go with your gut
Trust yourself. "You may have the academic credentials, but without instincts you'll have a hard time getting to -- and staying at -- the top," Trump says. What guides us toward or away from certain situations or people is often unexplainable. Put faith in your intuitiveness.

Be optimistic, but always be prepared for the worst
Learn to expect problems. Being cautious is not necessarily being pessimistic. Problems are bound to happen -- try to be ready for them.

Read Carl Jung
Psychology and self-help books are useful and can be good forms of business self-defense. Reading the work of Carl Jung can help you hone your intuition and instincts, and also master seeing into the people around you. By this, Jung's ideas can keep you centered and even help you develop a "grace under fire" demeanor.

Have an ego
Having an ego is a positive attribute and promotes wholeness. It keeps your conscious and unconscious aspects in balance, which is necessary because no ego means very little life force and too much means a dictatorial personality, says Trump.
:fingersx:

Keep critics in perspective
You will be criticized in any job you do. If the opinion matters to you, determine whether anything productive can come from it. Many times, criticism isn't worth the paper it's written on, and if it is, view it as a compliment or proof of your existence.

Homework is required and there will be a test
Do your homework -- you have to know what you're getting into. "Every industry has its bottom line for what is required to succeed," says Trump. Bottom line: you need to understand the process in any business. If you don't, you'll never reap the rewards.

Dress for your culture
How you dress says a lot about you and can make an impact before you even say a word. "Dressing successfully means understanding your environment: knowing the culture and making an effort to reflect -- and respect -- it." Money can buy great clothes, but a little style can go a long way.

http://findajob.aol.com/findajob/articles/article.adp?id=547

I tried one job interview with an ego once. Guess what, the interviewer had a bigger ego than mine. Attitude is the key not ego.

tekkmortal said:
I tried one job interview with an ego once. Guess what, the interviewer had a bigger ego than mine. Attitude is the key not ego.
Indeed. Attitude is the key to get a job.

I went to vocational rehab. 2 days ago... to take some
psychological test...

And I didn't know what 1/2 plus 1/2 = was.

And so I guess 2/4.

But my mom said the answer is 1, duh.

I go oh...

So... I did came in with a good attitude... but dang...
I hope they don't judge me on how dumb I am. :slap:

Miss*Pinocchio said:
psychological test...

And so I guess 2/4.

I go oh...

I hope not, too.

Miss*Pinocchio said:
psychological test...

And so I guess 2/4.

I go oh...

Hmmm..... (1/2)+(1/2) = 2/2 = 1

Quick, what (1/2) / (1/2) =..........

(1/2) * (2/1)= 2/2 = 1 :deal: ...there is a few ways to do this.

Math class is over...

well, I hope VR will help me get a job that I can be good in.

Seem like I flunk most things.

I mispronounced and mispelled some words.

I told that man, that I have 2 college degrees...
he just nodded his head.

I guess he think Gallaudet and other colleges didn't taught me well.

Back