eBay buyer abuse

JClarke

AD Veteran
Premium Member
Reaction score
Have you sold an item and get abused by a buyer for refund?

I am in the middle of a dispute with this buyer who claims that the phone I sent was dented in transit, which was abolsutely bull because the item was wrapped carefully with two layers of bubble wrap and I discovered that he listed it for sale WHILE demanding a refund. I am not refunding the buyer.

Did you have any similar experience, and what did do to handle such situation? :hmm:

Request ebay to investigate it, have the buyer submit photos along with pictures of any identification numbers... after that, request the phone returned for refund. if damage doesnt match up to the pictures ( some people submit damaged pictures from another phone) then match the damage to the pictures, if they are different ( location/size) then you can have him removed/banned/marked as a fraud also you can sue. Had a friend who was a Power Seller on ebay and went through a lot of that crap... he finally quit sellign on ebay

The eBay forums is the best place to post your problem. There are many variety of cases like yours there. I did that when I had a problem. I posted my question there and people gave suggestions.

I've been selling for over 10 years and haven't had a major problems. Just minor stuff that was easily taken care of. Only once a buyer filed claim on me. The buyer didn't even contact me first. Resolved that easily.

You should take pictures as proof that he is selling that very same phone while in dispute. I hope you took pictures of the phone before sending it to him for further proof to match it up. When selling on eBay, you really have to protect yourself and cover every bases.

I have a copy of the phone prior to selling, the buyer is still listing the phone as for sale, and the buyer told me that the phone was damaged in transit which was NOT, the phone was in MINT condition, when I posted out, carefully wrapped. So far, he hasn't responded back complaining at all. I am staying back. I don't care for the item because he paid me then demanded the refund AFTER I got the money AND I sent the item. Nothing to lose here. :zzz:

I have a copy of the phone prior to selling, the buyer is still listing the phone as for sale, and the buyer told me that the phone was damaged in transit which was NOT, the phone was in MINT condition, when I posted out, carefully wrapped. So far, he hasn't responded back complaining at all. I am staying back. I don't care for the item because he paid me then demanded the refund AFTER I got the money AND I sent the item. Nothing to lose here. :zzz:

Do you have a picture of your old phone before send him? IF so then u have it as proof for ebay.

I once had a seller threaten to shoot me after I asked him repeatedly if he had sent my item to me. He took forever to ship my item.

I had a copy of his threat sent to his local police department and they mailed me the item since he would not. Oh yeah, he was arrested for threatening me too.

Sadly, there are a lot of people like that on eBay.

There are 10 types of people in the world: Those who understand binary, and those who don't.

We haven't had any bad experiences like that in our eBay dealings.

easy solution. have them return it to you at thier expense thru insured mail, and once you are satisfied you have it, offer a refund minus your shipping costs to them. wait a bit and close the damned ebay case. simple.

I have hear the common heavy eBay user, they do is buy and resell for few cents profit.

Yes, read my first sentence :doh:

What sentence? I had no idea what you talked about. I was simple asked you a question about picture or not. If so then you are fine and ebay would beleive you and stay avoid from bad feedback on your account. I just try to help you.

If it was damaged in transit, the buyer should be filing a claim with the shipper. As long as the item wasn't damaged before it was shipped, once you send it off your liability ends and the shipping co's begins. If the shipper is UPS tell the buyer to file a national complaint with UPS and they will pay.

real_genius_popcorn_o.gif

What sentence? I had no idea what you talked about. I was simple asked you a question about picture or not. If so then you are fine and ebay would beleive you and stay avoid from bad feedback on your account. I just try to help you.
:laugh2: relax dude.. just wanted to point out that's all

See bold below :)

I have a copy of the phone prior to selling, the buyer is still listing the phone as for sale, and the buyer told me that the phone was damaged in transit which was NOT, the phone was in MINT condition, when I posted out, carefully wrapped. So far, he hasn't responded back complaining at all. I am staying back. I don't care for the item because he paid me then demanded the refund AFTER I got the money AND I sent the item. Nothing to lose here.

easy solution. have them return it to you at thier expense thru insured mail, and once you are satisfied you have it, offer a refund minus your shipping costs to them. wait a bit and close the damned ebay case. simple.
He never responded so the listing is still there. His loss.

That's why it helps to document all serial or identification numbers on the product (if possible) before selling. Don't tell anyone about the documentation until someone tries to dispute it.

There are 10 types of people in the world: Those who understand binary, and those who don't.

I once had a seller sell me a movie DVD and it wasn't even usable in the USA (where I live.) It was restricted to certain zones far south, like Australia. I asked for a refund and he was extremely hostile. He did give me the refund (and I returned the DVD) but I also left him a negative comment on his seller comments after he was so angry with me.

(On a side note, I don't understand why movies are restricted to certain continents.)

I once had a seller sell me a movie DVD and it wasn't even usable in the USA (where I live.) It was restricted to certain zones far south, like Australia. I asked for a refund and he was extremely hostile. He did give me the refund (and I returned the DVD) but I also left him a negative comment on his seller comments after he was so angry with me.

(On a side note, I don't understand why movies are restricted to certain continents.)
To prevent Piracey, and it may not have been released in the US just yet?
But thinking about it, how would a DVD know what area you are in...the player is not a computer?

Back