Eating Hearing Aid Batteries

When you were a kid, did you eat hearing aid batteries?

• Total voters
Katzie said:
Oh jeez I forgot to vote! I just voted 'no'.

Deaf258 - how old were you when you ate your HA batts?

About 2 or 3 years old.

Yeah, I recall it was an Energizer battery. I was going and going and going 'til it was gone.

:laugh2: :crazy: Deaf258
I voted no. I remember I did ask my grandparents if I ever did because I saw on tv news about this kid who ate a lot of batteries or something and had to have it taken out :ugh: they said no I never did or tried.. whew :lol:

Deaf258 said:
Oh, whatever! :P I did once when I was really little. Steel admitted to eating one, too.

You seem to be hesitant to admit that you’ve eaten a hearing aid battery. While I agree that it’s not exactly a brilliant plan, it’s also not uncommon for people to report to hospital emergency rooms with foreign objects lodged in their rectum. So don’t fret, you’re not that strange. A hearing aid battery pales in comparison to what doctors have removed from the bowels of thrill seeking individuals. Here’s a partial list:

A bottle of Mrs. Butterworth's syrup, an ax handle, a nine-inch zucchini, countless dildoes and vibrators including one 14-inch model complete with two D-cell batteries, a plastic spatula, a 9-1/2-inch water bottle, a deodorant bottle, a Coke bottle, a large bottle cap, numerous other bottles, a 3-1/2-inch Japanese glass float ball, an 11-inch carrot, an antenna rod, a 150-watt light bulb, a 100-watt frosted bulb, a cucumber, a screwdriver, four rubber balls, 72-1/2 jeweler's saws (all from one patient, but not all at the same time, although 29 were discovered on one occasion), a paperweight, an apple, an onion, a plastic toothbrush package, two bananas, a frozen pig's tail (it got stuck when it thawed), a ten-inch length of broomstick, an 18-inch umbrella handle and central rod, a plantain encased in a condom, two Vaseline jars, a whiskey bottle with a cord attached, a teacup, an oil can, a six-by-five-inch tool box weighing 22 ounces, a six-inch stone weighing two pounds (in the latter two cases the patients died due to intestinal obstruction), a baby powder can, a test tube, a ball-point pen, a peanut butter jar, candles, baseballs, a sand-filled bicycle inner tube, sewing needles, a flashlight, a half-filled tobacco pouch, a turnip, a pair of eyeglasses, a hard-boiled egg, a carborundum grindstone (with handle), a suitcase key, a syringe, a file, tumblers and glasses, a polyethylene waste trap from the U-bend of a sink, and much, much more.

http://www.straightdope.com/classics/a2_216b.html

Levonian said:
You seem to be hesitant to admit that you’ve eaten a hearing aid battery. While I agree that it’s not exactly a brilliant plan, it’s also not uncommon for people to report to hospital emergency rooms with foreign objects lodged in their rectum. So don’t fret, you’re not that strange. A hearing aid battery pales in comparison to what doctors have removed from the bowels of thrill seeking individuals. Here’s a partial list:

A bottle of Mrs. Butterworth's syrup, an ax handle, a nine-inch zucchini, countless dildoes and vibrators including one 14-inch model complete with two D-cell batteries, a plastic spatula, a 9-1/2-inch water bottle, a deodorant bottle, a Coke bottle, a large bottle cap, numerous other bottles, a 3-1/2-inch Japanese glass float ball, an 11-inch carrot, an antenna rod, a 150-watt light bulb, a 100-watt frosted bulb, a cucumber, a screwdriver, four rubber balls, 72-1/2 jeweler's saws (all from one patient, but not all at the same time, although 29 were discovered on one occasion), a paperweight, an apple, an onion, a plastic toothbrush package, two bananas, a frozen pig's tail (it got stuck when it thawed), a ten-inch length of broomstick, an 18-inch umbrella handle and central rod, a plantain encased in a condom, two Vaseline jars, a whiskey bottle with a cord attached, a teacup, an oil can, a six-by-five-inch tool box weighing 22 ounces, a six-inch stone weighing two pounds (in the latter two cases the patients died due to intestinal obstruction), a baby powder can, a test tube, a ball-point pen, a peanut butter jar, candles, baseballs, a sand-filled bicycle inner tube, sewing needles, a flashlight, a half-filled tobacco pouch, a turnip, a pair of eyeglasses, a hard-boiled egg, a carborundum grindstone (with handle), a suitcase key, a syringe, a file, tumblers and glasses, a polyethylene waste trap from the U-bend of a sink, and much, much more.

http://www.straightdope.com/classics/a2_216b.html
:shock:

I thought that hearing aid batteries were posionous. The ones I have are made with mercury and if you swallow them, you're dead or become retarded.
I know there's a warning on mine.

well, i know i didnt eat batteries but i ate umm you wont believe this...unlit matches! several times while i was growing up and it didnt kill me heh! anybody ever eaten those? im :crazy: i know....hehehe

Back