Earmolds and sweating?

NaidaUP

Reaction score
I'm wanting to get people's views on what type of earmold is better to help with the hot weather and getting sweaty ears which for me, then turns in to ear infections.

Does anyone find a certain earmold material better then others?

I wash my earmolds every night without fail but trying to improve the sweaty, needing to air my ears feel!

I know it won't ever be perfect as such but hoping to at least improve it.

:ty:

Personally, I prefer the all silicone (soft) moulds don't slip as much as the acrylic or combination acrylic & silicone moulds. The hard moulds tend to move/shift/rub when they get sweaty and cause sores (even if they fit 100% correctly).

Of course YMMV.

i agree, all silicone mold is the way to go.

I also would suggest, skeleton ear molds. that's if you it doesn't cause you much feedback. I find I don't sweat as much in my ears with them over the full coverage ones.

I have the same problem with earmold and sweating during wear for all days. I cleaned up the earmold and my ear to be sweat off. I let the earmold to be dry before wear them. My earmold is silicone. I have another hard earmold skeleton for CI. I stopped wear it because I had an ear infection. I'm plan to get a new earmold for both ears. I would prefer soft silicone over other material. I can't wear Vinyl because it caused me to have an ear infections.

i agree, all silicone mold is the way to go.

I also would suggest, skeleton ear molds. that's if you it doesn't cause you much feedback. I find I don't sweat as much in my ears with them over the full coverage ones.

I wish I could wear skeleton ear molds .

To OP how do wear your hair ? I been wearing my hair long again and I think has something to with getting moisture in my HA. What are you using to wash your earmolds?

I found that air vents helped for me. But they are still uncomfortable and I take them off the moment I'm done with work.

I actually wear my hair up at all times otherwise my Naidas feedback.

I might get two sets of earmolds, one with vents and it having a skeleton one on it as well.

:ty: everyone

I find that sweating really doesnt affect my ear infections - but when I feel "wet ear" I always take it out and wipe it clean with a paper towel - (never toilet paper because it seems to rips and leaave dust like stuff on earmold). I have a sensitive nose so if i smell something funny - its time for a good cleaning and a dose of antifungal drop/hydro-cortisone on earmold daily. My doctor says put in ear - but really its much easier to apply a drop on earmold and insert in ear. the sweatness seems to go away and no more funny smells. you know what i mean.

sometimes when I go away on a trip and come back home and it seems to sweat alot - its time for heavy cleaning with hydrogen peroxide on ear and mold. A word of caution - the hydrogen peroxide accelarates the aging of earmolds so I only use it on 2 years old or more earmold. When it comes down to that far in age - its time for a new one as the wax your ear secretes daily has saturated the earmold esp. the silicones molds as the impreganated wax just wont come out.

I always noticed that a new earmold never sweats as bad as a 2 yr old one.

I wish I could wear skeleton ear molds .

To OP how do wear your hair ? I been wearing my hair long again and I think has something to with getting moisture in my HA. What are you using to wash your earmolds?

I wear my hair up all the time otherwise my Naidas feedback.

I wash my earmolds in savlon every night without fail.

Back