Earmold question

MelissaWatt

Reaction score
42 years of wearing earmolds experience but I came home in new molds and found that one turned yellow. I understand that over time that silicone will change color as well as wax from your ears will make your molds change . Anyone experience this ? Just frustrated with the Audiologists who can’t seem to get the company to make the molds fit right since the machine is digitally making them.

I’m wearing hard ear molds and they are slightly yellow now, I think down to the UV from the sun.

When I wore silicone ear molds, I soaked them in dettol every night and they still looked brand new after 10 months.

I’m wearing hard ear molds and they are slightly yellow now, I think down to the UV from the sun.

When I wore silicone ear molds, I soaked them in dettol every night and they still looked brand new after 10 months.
thanks~! I am currently experiencing itchy and flaking in the ear that the mold changed colors.. It was very unusual that in a day that only one changed colors.

Changing color that fast is odd. The itchy and flaking makes me wonder if you are may be allergic to the material they are using...or could be excessive moisture causing irritation.

Changing color that fast is odd. The itchy and flaking makes me wonder if you are may be allergic to the material they are using...or could be excessive moisture causing irritation.

that's why Westone has that option! (I usually get color and clear with no issues)

Tell your audi you want the impressions done the old way and see how it works. The silicone turning yellow might be from a contaminated injector shooting the silicone from a tip that was previously shooting colored silicone and wasn't cleaned properly or it could be bad(old) silicone. With you experiencing flaking and inching could mean that your allergic to the silicone that was used. Go back to your audi.

All~ Went back to the Audi. Showed him the difference and was surprised. Called the manufacture who made them and offered me another pair free of cost. These came back in a pink flesh color and much better than the previous white silicone I had been using. They still could not offer as to why there was a color discrepancy but made a profound apology for it considering how much I paid for them. The irritation has quit since putting in the new molds and praising God for it because it was becoming relentless in my sleep.

Back