Earmold problems

Cavvilyn

Reaction score
I have had a pair of earmold for about 8 months now without any problems before but they have recently started to hurt and are causing little sores. It is weird to me that they didn’t hurt at all before but now they are rubbing. Advice?

Hi, I had soreness in my ear from molds. Maybe just needs some airing out and let it heal. Could be some kind of pimple or just irriation. If it still bothers you then contact your audiologist and they will help you from there. They can "sand" it down from where it is bothering you. Or maybe a different kind of softer material might be eaiser on your ears. I just got some really nice silicon ear molds. Hope this helps! :)

I have had a pair of earmold for about 8 months now without any problems before but they have recently started to hurt and are causing little sores. It is weird to me that they didn’t hurt at all before but now they are rubbing. Advice?
Have you cleaned them lately? Have you put on or lost weight? 5 lbs on or off can affect your earmolds.

This happens to me when I get an ear infection. I usually just do use the hearing aid that ear until it recovers otherwise the moisture that builds up just makes it raw and more irritated.

All good advice above. The weight gain or loss (even very tiny amounts) affects the ears.
I've had that happen with me. It depends on where the irritation/sore is. Last pair were fine but then I kept getting sores in the top part of the outer ear (I'm not technical sorry)... seems that for whatever reason the little bit of the mold that sat there was the cause- once I got better earmolds without that little appendage.. no more sores.
Moisture, sweat and excess wax can also be problematic as well as ear infections (double outer ear infection was THE worse....)

If they are soft silicone molds, the weather can also effect the molds.

Back