Early Intervention Snapshot

Seriously, why can't you just let this topic die. I'm starting to think that you're just an internet troll. You have debated this topic to death. And you go to a forum primarily populated with deaf people, many who were denied access to language or had a very negative experience with this approach, and repeatedly hammer away at this dead horse. Fucking give it up already. Actually nevermind, that puts the onus on you. I'll just block you so I don't have to see your intentionally shit stirring and, at this point knowing what you're doing and the response it will get, intentionally hurtful posts.

Seriously, why can't you just let this topic die. I'm starting to think that you're just an internet troll. You have debated this topic to death. And you go to a forum primarily populated with deaf people, many who were denied access to language or had a very negative experience with this approach, and repeatedly hammer away at this dead horse. Fucking give it up already. Actually nevermind, that puts the onus on you. I'll just block you so I don't have to see your intentionally shit stirring and, at this point knowing what you're doing and the response it will get, intentionally hurtful posts.
Now you know why I see a troll when I see one!! I am glad I am not the only one that sees what she is doing!!!! Thank you for putting this post up. I didnt know you can block certain people, thanks for giving me heads up on that!!! Blocking her!

People are saying that parents aren't well informed. The parents disagree. They say they are well informed. This is good information. It is good news for everyone who cares about children with hearing loss.

Now you know why I see a troll when I see one!! I am glad I am not the only one that sees what she is doing!!!! Thank you for putting this post up. I didnt know you can block certain people, thanks for giving me heads up on that!!! Blocking her!
This is great information. Why is this trolling? This is information from families of young children with hearing loss and what information they received.

Uhhh, honey...
We are a people deprived.
Of a LOT of stuff.
This is now.
I love your ideas, but here we are.

It never makes sense, but can we love family?

Good post. It’s more or less along the lines I was thinking. I just didn’t care for DeafDyke’s trolling of her, too. I actually had a good conversation about this with a friend earlier today.

OP's cited statistics also present a significant problem: they are self-reported, which allows for significant skew.

Case in point: how many of you have had a horrible professor who still got decent ratings from their students at the end of the semester? If these numbers are important to you, I encourage you to examine more.

Last edited:
OP's cited statistics also present a significant problem: they are self-reported, which allows for significant skew.

Case in point: how many of you have had a horrible professor who still got decent ratings from their students at the end of the semester? If these numbers are important to you, I encourage you to examine more.

That's why ratemyprofessors.com exists. My geology professor is psycho, and had gotten bad reviews. He has a HUGE beef if you use your phone or you are late. I've seen plenty of his outbursts. He is notorious for locking the door once the class starts. I witnessed an incident where a student knocked on the door begging to come in. Geology professor screamed in his face and shut the door on him. I survived his two classes, because I had no choice and it fit my schedule. My lab partner gave up and dropped out because she couldn't take it longer! I had to find a lab partner who can stand our professor. Plenty of students in my classes dropped out. Thanks goodness, I received two As. To be honest, He is very passionate about teaching volcano and geology. I really enjoyed his lectures. He is very good at explaining how it works and everything, but I had to ignore his "bad flaws". In fact, I knew a few students changed their major to geology because of that psycho professor. *shrugs*

Very interesting point. This data is reported by the parents themselves. It also only includes parents who chose to respond. If someone was very displeased with EI, they could have quit and therefore wouldn't be giving feedback at all.

That's why ratemyprofessors.com exists. My geology professor is psycho, and had gotten bad reviews. He has a HUGE beef if you use your phone or you are late. I've seen plenty of his outbursts. He is notorious for locking the door once the class starts. I witnessed an incident where a student knocked on the door begging to come in. Geology professor screamed in his face and shut the door on him. I survived his two classes, because I had no choice and it fit my schedule. My lab partner gave up and dropped out because she couldn't take it longer! I had to find a lab partner who can stand our professor. Plenty of students in my classes dropped out. Thanks goodness, I received two As. To be honest, He is very passionate about teaching volcano and geology. I really enjoyed his lectures. He is very good at explaining how it works and everything, but I had to ignore his "bad flaws". In fact, I knew a few students changed their major to geology because of that psycho professor. *shrugs*

Wow, that sounds abusive of him, though I'm happy you got so much out of the class too!

Very interesting point. This data is reported by the parents themselves. It also only includes parents who chose to respond. If someone was very displeased with EI, they could have quit and therefore wouldn't be giving feedback at all.

That's a really good point! I find this is an issue in my research as well.

I join with Lysander and peekaboo in the rush to the blocking click. Warning- walkers try not to trip over my chair. Oh, wait. We are all in our own homes. It's still a block party! Is there a way to block particular threads?

I join with Lysander and peekaboo in the rush to the blocking click. Warning- walkers try not to trip over my chair. Oh, wait. We are all in our own homes. It's still a block party! Is there a way to block particular threads?
the only thing you can do is Ignore the person you wish not to see on any boards or threads. Unless there is a way to block particular threads that I am not aware of.

As far as I know I don't think there is a way to block or hide specific threads... I'll nose around and see if there's anything like that. But the lovely ignore/block feature is great. Some of us used to joke that some people had a ignore list a mile long.

Back