Ear Wax Removal

MrsH2015

Reaction score
So my husband had his ears cleaned of wax buildup and when he put his hearing aid back in it started to bleed. He said this had never happened before so we went back to the doctors and they told us it was just a little scratch and to leave his hearing aid out for a few hours. here it is 7 hours later and he tried putting it back in and it started to bleed again. im worried there might be something wrong though he says it doesn't hurt... any advice would be very much welcomed.

My suggestion is to call the doctor and ask the same question. My guess is that your husband's ear needs more time to heal.

My suggestion is to call the doctor and ask the same question. My guess is that your husband's ear needs more time to heal.
he is planing on leaving his hearing aid out until tomorrow before work, I'm just hoping it's better by then or they will send him home again. I guess in the morning if it's still bleeding I will call them back. i just hate feeling like I can't do anything to help him because he relies on his hearing aid since he didn't learn ASL when he was little.

I would leave it out for a while. Once in a while I would get that with my last pair of earmolds- would cause a sore at the top- bleed a little then scab over. Would take a long time to heal. So between leaving the aid off as much as I could and antibiotics (it had been a few months by then and not looking great) it finally healed.

Ouchie! I never heard of that happening to a person before when having their ears cleaned out. Does your husband wear only one hearing aid?

Go to the ER, that doesn't sound good at all. Leave out the hearing aid for awhile . Ear canals are sensitive , I recently , had my ears cleaned out. My ear canals are red and inflammed. I hope your husband doesn't have inflammed ear canals and made it bleed .

Please go to the doctor better safe than sorry.

Go to the ER, that doesn't sound good at all. Leave out the hearing aid for awhile . Ear canals are sensitive , I recently , had my ears cleaned out. My ear canals are red and inflammed. I hope your husband doesn't have inflammed ear canals and made it bleed .

Please go to the doctor better safe than sorry.
I seriously doubt this requires a visit to the ER. This is not an emergency. It's probably just like the doctor said - a scratch that is being irritated by the ear mold.

If it REALLY worries him- urgent care is the better bet rather than clogging up the ER.

So my husband had his ears cleaned of wax buildup and when he put his hearing aid back in it started to bleed. He said this had never happened before so we went back to the doctors and they told us it was just a little scratch and to leave his hearing aid out for a few hours. here it is 7 hours later and he tried putting it back in and it started to bleed again. im worried there might be something wrong though he says it doesn't hurt... any advice would be very much welcomed.

A few hours? That's not realistic.

Leave it out for several days to dry up. I know you think this might screw up his ability to communicate since he doesn't know ASL, but this will not heal if he continues to wear the aid because the earmold will prevent it from healing. Have him take a few sick days if at all possible.

A few hours? That's not realistic.

Leave it out for several days to dry up. I know you think this might screw up his ability to communicate since he doesn't know ASL, but this will not heal if he continues to wear the aid because the earmold will prevent it from healing. Have him take a few sick days if at all possible.

exactly- that's why my sore just kept going and going... Best thing to do leave it out, put some neosporin ointment (or similar) on the scratch if you can and leave it alone.

Back