Ear surgery

Adam

Reaction score
Well it looks like I am going to have a Labyrinthectomy. I will be going to my ENT on 10/13 to set a surgery date. They will be removing the vestibular system in my left ear. This will destroy any residual hearing as they will cut the hearing nerve and remove the cochlea as well as the balance mechanism in the ear. This will cause EXTREME dizziness/vertigo for a couple of weeks. aparantley the brain will compensate for the lasck of balance on the left side, i should be fine after about two months. At least that is what they tell me.

Adam

Bottesini,
No I do not have otosclerosis. I had had problems with a perilymph fistula which is a whole in the inner ear. This is why I have a profound loss in that ear. I have already had three surgeries and was just diagnosed with another fistula. I also have BPPV (benign proxamal positional vertigo). because of the chronic issues they felt the best course of action is the labyrinthectomy. Since I Have no useful hearing in that ear the laby is an option. I am not looking forward to it but it should help longterm.

adam

Back