Ear molds

Delville

I use the silicone ear molds for my Naida Q50 UP's BTE aids, but I seem to get some irritation from them after wearing them for about 12 hrs a day they feel as if they are to big for my ears but there not because I've had them redone 3 times thinking they were to big. DO THEY MAKE ANYTHING SOFTER? I use a full she'll ear mold.

Sent from my iPad using AllDeaf

Delville

Well maybe I don't have 100% silicone moulds then, because I receive some irritation from the ones I have I know there not acrylic because then they would be hard. There super soft.

seb

Over time silicone molds can cause irritation to your ear canals, especially if you have an allergy to them.

Delville

Seems more like pressure spots then a ear canal problem I think I'm going have new ones made.

deafbln

Sometimes I have irritations, I wear full shell deep in the canal silicon moulds in both ears. Siemens Nitro 301 SP BTE. In the evening soar ears, in summer when it´s hot, they´re a bit wet. I feel the pressure in the ears by putting them in, but I get use to it, then. Otherwise I cannot hear loud enough.

soutthpaw

Your ears do change shape over time. I have some of my old Earmolds from years ago. They don't fit at all. also the audiologist can grind down your Earmolds to make them fit better.

Sarfarigirl2011

I use the silicone ear molds for my Naida Q50 UP's BTE aids, but I seem to get some irritation from them after wearing them for about 12 hrs a day they feel as if they are to big for my ears but there not because I've had them redone 3 times thinking they were to big. DO THEY MAKE ANYTHING SOFTER? I use a full she'll ear mold.

Westone has some awesome allergy free options!

Ericka

I have been wondering has anyone changed the mold on their Rite/RIC type bte to a Custom fitted mold before? I have and open fit right now and i would prefer something not all the way in my ear all day it begins to bother me.

seb

I have been wondering has anyone changed the mold on their Rite/RIC type bte to a Custom fitted mold before? I have and open fit right now and i would prefer something not all the way in my ear all day it begins to bother me.
I have acrylic micro molds on my RIC's.

Neospace164

I didn't like the full moulds and had my GP switch to what in the UK we call a half cap. (I think you would call a full mould a shell and a half cap a skeleton mould) While these were a little quieter I just turned my HAs up to solve this.

MCB

I hate feedback, and even the blips inherent in feedback suppression. I have my HA's set up as if I had a more severe loss, and I am happy. Acrylic. I would never get RIC, because of the failure rate. My Zephyr gives me a strong sense of security.

Saavik

I went in for a new pair of HAs, and they apparently have an option for a universal fit ear piece thingy. I still chose a molded ear piece. I had them on my old RAs and I have fallen asleep after a long day on occasion with molds in.