DWWEXPO-Chicago

K

KatStewart

Who is going to Chicago on Nov 8th for the DWWEXPO??
I'm thinking about going..... I'd love to meet any of ya! The more the merrier!!! :D

KatStewart said:
Who is going to Chicago on Nov 8th for the DWWEXPO??
I'm thinking about going..... I'd love to meet any of ya! The more the merrier!!! :D

I went to the one here in Minneapolis last March or so, it sucked butt. Mayeb it might be the people, instead of the actual expo itself, but I paid way too much to go. I hope you have fun though :)

pinkster said:
I went to the one here in Minneapolis last March or so, it sucked butt. Mayeb it might be the people, instead of the actual expo itself, but I paid way too much to go. I hope you have fun though :)

The flyer I got said it cost $10 in advance... $15 at the door.
I've never been to a deaf expo....

I've not attended any Deaf Expo since 1997 because I had moved overseas by then. Been to a few in California...once in 1991 at CSUN and another in 1996 and 1997 fall (last one I attended) in Pomona. (both times)
It was pretty cool going there and seeing different stalls of different types of devices and assistive devices for deaf, hoh, and so forth. But it was meeting deafies from every corner of the USA. It was cool! :)

Water.....I sooo wish I live in Australia!!! My BEST friend lives in Adelaide. I was supposed to go there for an internship but it fell through. I was going to work at a National park there. BUT damn!
I heard from him that they have different sign language. So I looked up the australian sign language....... DIFFERENT!!!! lol

Why don't go near any expos???

I not sure if I will go Deaf Expo since I am in Missouri and want go there. One problem, I wont go there alone so I need someone to go with me. :D

MizzDeaf said:
I not sure if I will go Deaf Expo since I am in Missouri and want go there. One problem, I wont go there alone so I need someone to go with me. :D

awww MizzDeaf :cuddle:

I would love to go Chicago.... but expense bus greyhound and to get there... (sigh)... I have not made decide about this yet.

Cricket said:
dont go near any deaf expos.... :ugh2:

Don't confuse anyone in this room... There are two similar events -- DWW Expo and Deaf Expo. Deaf Expo is held by CSD (Communication Services for the Deaf). Over 5,000 people go there in the Los Angeles area every year.

On the contrary, DWW Expo's less than 500's in every show. On Sept 13th the Pasadena DWW Expo was almost vacant. Maybe 300 people showed up. Nothing's too exciting there, really.

Websites:

DWW Expo - http://www.deafworldwide.com

Deaf Expo - http://www.deafexpo.org

Last edited:
Deaf Reaper said:
On Sept 13th the Pasadena DWW Expo was almost vacant. Maybe 300 people showed up. Nothing's too exciting there, really.

Yeah, Pasadena was miniscule compared to Deaf Expo. But I got to chill and BS with Christy Smith for over an hour because of it. It was worth the $10 to me. Damn, I love that girl...

Back