dvd player that will show closed captioning

Is it the tv itself? I don't have a dvd player. I do have my laptop connected to my LG lcd hd tv and captioning works fine.
Maybe its an issue with a dvd and an older (NOT HD) TV?

Windows Media does decode captioning before sending to monitor/TV. That is why I am considering building a new computer just for the TV so can watch HD with CC.

All TV's has CC but only works with certain connections.

If you are using older DVD player and TV (not HD as you said), the CC will work for sure unless very old TV. (Doesn't have CC decoder built in.)

U just needed to find a DVD player that have decoder built in which will decode the analog CC before sending it over HDMI

here is one DVD player I know of but I forgot the brand and model however I recalled it was pansonic something.

It cost like 225 dollar something for the player it a combo of progressive dvd player and dvd recorder.

I think it posted in this forum somewhere so if you do a search you will find the model number of that dvd recorder/player I am talking about.

I have a PC with Windows 7 Media Center Edition I built and it does a fairly good job transmitting CC from PC to TV via HDMI connection only if DVD/Blu-ray disc contains CC data. Many Blu-ray discs do not contain CC but they contain sub-titles. The only disadvantage of PC with Media Center Edition is they cost quite a bit more than DVD players. It's somehwat worth it to me.

Peter

I have a PC with Windows 7 Media Center Edition I built and it does a fairly good job transmitting CC from PC to TV via HDMI connection only if DVD/Blu-ray disc contains CC data. Many Blu-ray discs do not contain CC but they contain sub-titles. The only disadvantage of PC with Media Center Edition is they cost quite a bit more than DVD players. It's somehwat worth it to me.

Peter

I use SageTV which give me more freedom with my TV recordings because windows have a DRM restriction on their recordings.

I have no problem recording any Over the Air (OTA) TV programs. So far I have been able to record without any DRM restrictions. The recordings are in High Definition. I have read others may have issues with DRM and I believe that's up to the local TV station but my local stations do not do that. We have 7 local stations: six of them broadcasts in high definition and one of them in standard definition.

Peter

Hello all, I need an update on the new technology for DVD Players. I want to buy a DVD player that plays a DVD that has CC. Some of my DVDs only have CC and my Sony Blu Ray DVD player is not showing any CC on the dvds! UGhhhh! Any suggestions what to buy?

I have a Panasonic EZ48VP DVD/VCR combo unit which I purchased either in
2011 or 2012.

Said DVD recorder/player has the ability to generate its own closed captioning. I only found this out a month ago :-(

Hello all, I need an update on the new technology for DVD Players. I want to buy a DVD player that plays a DVD that has CC. Some of my DVDs only have CC and my Sony Blu Ray DVD player is not showing any CC on the dvds! UGhhhh! Any suggestions what to buy?
You may have to wait for year 2014 models. FCC requires manufacturers to include a CC decoder in their new BD/DVD players that will be produced starting this year. I will be looking forward to it. *cross my fingers*

forget it, lot of problem! I am never use DVD Player, no more.. then beautiful CC on 480p, 720p and 1080i/p, I use PC with LanVideo (or smplay or kplayer) are freeware, great any color, background, text, size, font any !!! and work great up to 1080i/p I am very happy, I won't buy no more DVD/Blu-Player future.. you can buy small box about $150 to $300 (some parts), it is better than Blu-Ray/DVD player!! LanVideo, Kmplayer and SMplayer support remote control, why try it!

Any? Nothing?
You may have to wait for year 2014 models. FCC requires manufacturers to include a CC decoder in their new BD/DVD players that will be produced starting this year. I will be looking forward to it. *cross my fingers*

Any? Nothing?
Do you want me to do YOUR homework? Give me $100.

Can't afford? That's alright. Please look forward to my new thread, "BIG Announcement!".

Last edited:
I have done with my homework. :lol:
Lately movies might don't support CC but SDH

And other reason why DVD that do have CC but won't show up on HDTV/TV....

• Composite Video (yellow cable) do provide CC from DVD to HDTV
• S-Video, probably not many people are familiar with it, unique cable but support better video than composite! It does support CC, so beautiful!
• Component video (Red, Blue and Green cable) carry the incredible video and audio, unfortunately, it doesn't send the CC track.
HDMI, single cool cable but unfortunately, it have same as much as Component Video.

I have done with my homework. :lol:
Lately movies might don't support CC but SDH

And other reason why DVD that do have CC but won't show up on HDTV/TV....

• Composite Video (yellow cable) do provide CC from DVD to HDTV
• S-Video, probably not many people are familiar with it, unique cable but support better video than composite! It does support CC, so beautiful!
• Component video (Red, Blue and Green cable) carry the incredible video and audio, unfortunately, it doesn't send the CC track.
HDMI, single cool cable but unfortunately, it have same as much as Component Video.
That's OLD news. Currently there are several new BD players with a built-in CC decoder so no need to use composite video/s-video connections anymore. You can watch DVD with CC on HDTV from one of those new players via HDMI that can carry overlay CC. Are you forgetting about a new law by FCC effective this year?

http://www.alldeaf.com/captioning-sign-language-interpreter/117667-big-annonucement.html

Back