Duggars Family... When Will It End?

Did their children say what?

You said yourself that they are happy at their live.... clothing.... sports....

Again, I need to hear children's side...

I am not telling parents what do with their live but my own POV. Is it forbid to share my POV what I thought of this?

big families was a thing in past my great grandpa and great grandma had 12 kids, 62 grandkids over 100 great grandkids.. that can tell how BIG families was in past... presently maybe 3 or 4 kids, between 4 to 16 grandkids etc

You said yourself that they are happy at their live.... clothing.... sports....
Do you have proof that the children said otherwise?

Yes, I said children can enjoy themselves without wearing jeans and t-shirts. I had a very enjoyable childhood, played every kind of game, and rarely wore jeans or t-shirts as a kid. I still see it happen today. Why should kids be so hung up on their clothing?

News flash! Until the late 1960's, kids' (especially girls') "play clothes" were NOT commonly jeans and t-shirts. And yet, kids spent more time outdoors running around and playing than they do now.

Again, I need to hear children's side...
OK. Until then, we won't assume they are happy or unhappy about their childhood.

Is it forbid to share my POV what I thought of this?
For the umpteenth time, no, your POV is not "forbid". Alldeaf is not a Nazi regime where freedom of speech is verboten.

Of course, that means opposing points of view are also allowed. :D

I read last night that they had their 17th baby, named Jennifer... but they plan to keep having more.

The vagina is not a clown car, IMO.

The Duggar are willing to let "God" decide how many children they should have is an unbelievable.

I think Michelle is in love with being pregnant and want our attention, that´s all.

I couldnt do it either. 2 kids are good enough for me. Maybe they want to take care of the kids into their golden years. I think they dont believe in self pleasure.

Well.....maybe ONE kind of self pleasure!:giggle:

The Duggar are willing to let "God" decide how many children they should have is an unbelievable.

This has reduced me to a fit of laughter. You seem absolutely shocked that someone would deem their CREATOR, their G-D, the one most IMPORTANT THING IN THEIR WORLD be the one that decides if they should have more children. :giggle::giggle::giggle:

Why should they? They're happy living the way they do.

You ASSUME they're happy. I think the parents does are happy, sure- they have older kids to do their work for them.

I am not saying children shouldn't help their parents with little kids ever, sure they do, it also helps to create a bond between siblings
but as I've said before there is a difference between having to help occasionally or under parent's supervision and being forced to be a baby's unpaid caretaker.

Whoever had to hire babysitter knows it cost money.
Duggars' kids has to do it for free just because it's mommy and daddy who can't keep their urges under control and are too selfish to use birth control.

Have you ever heard of Bountiful, Reba:

Bountiful: Inside B.C's Polygamist Breakaway Community

15 years old girls married to 50 y old polygamic preverts. Girls not allowed to have education at all. Sure they are happy. It's called brainwash...

Fuzzy

I don't have a clue when they'll stop. I personally don't really have much concern. I think it's their problem to handle, and if they're doing well, then okay. As long as they think alike and are on the same page about their goals in life, then it seems to be okay.

I had forgotten about this family, but I searched them a bit. I came to the conclusion that the reason this family's well kept is because of their family unity. You know that these are not wild kids who wanna party and go away from home and be with friends. That makes it much easier on the family to handle more children. The mother very likely follows well with parenting.

Parenting isn't just changing diapers and telling a child not to touch hot stoves or telling them not to be rude to other people. It's much more deeper than that. Some of the parents today are not involved in their childrens' lives as well as I think the Duggars are. Obviously, if parents are not accepting of the fact that they need to do much more than provide food and shelter, then it's going to sound impossible to have a large family. Obviously, having a good father who provides real well is very helpful to have a mom stay home and pay everything else.

Also, I know you say not to mention religion, but I really think I have a point in this. I really think their Christian values helps tons especially with praying. Sorry, but I think prayers changes everything, and I think it's why they're able to manage well. That's all I am saying. I don't need to go deep into the Bible.

You ASSUME they're happy.
Are you ASSUMING that they're not happy?

Have you ever heard of Bountiful, Reba:

Bountiful: Inside B.C's Polygamist Breakaway Community

15 years old girls married to 50 y old polygamic preverts. Girls not allowed to have education at all. Sure they are happy. It's called brainwash...
Yes, I've heard of it. What does that have to do with the Duggar family? They aren't polygamists. They aren't married to minors. Their kids are educated. I don't see any connection at all.

Are you ASSUMING that they're not happy?

It's not that. You said "they are happy" with such surety that I simply wanted to point out that anyone can only assume they are happy - after all all we know is from TV.

Second, I have Bountiful as an example how with enough brainwashing anybody will feel happy in whatever situation.
For example, a 15 years old girl may think she's happy marrying a 50 years old goat, heck, she may even think of it as an honor, moreover she is honored being just one of the many wives - and likewise children in Duggars family may think they are one big happy family because they grew up being thaught this is right.

That's the connection between the two.

Nevertheless - do I assume they are unhappy? hmmm I don't assume or-or - I think the truth as always is in between - but certainly I feel there is more to the rosy TV picture.. I feel deep down SOME Duggars children may feel resentment for never ending workloads... only they would never openly admit it.

because that would be admitting to themselves they are not one big happy family after all, and the whole rosy picture would be ruined.
Things would have to be deal with, and it's not easy to demand answers to the many "whys".

I have a friend whose 10 years older sister as an adult admitted she feel resentment toward her, because as children she had to look after her, take her everywhere for some years.

It was nowhere as serious as Duggars family, and yet enough to complain about ruining her childhood - even if she understood the real fault lies with the parent not her sister who as child had nothing to do with their parents decisions. Of course they loved each other and were close enough as in any nice family - because they were (still are) nice family.
And yet, nevertheless...

Fuzzy

Whew... #17. Within a few months, we're gonna hear them announce that #18 is on the way. :roll:

It's not that. You said "they are happy" with such surety that I simply wanted to point out that anyone can only assume they are happy - after all all we know is from TV.
Is this the post you're referring to?

Originally Posted by Liebling:)))
...If they have plenty of money then hire Nanny, laundry lady, maids...then... Why can't they then?
Why should they? They're happy living the way they do. They are living their lives, not your life. They don't tell you how to manage your family, and you don't tell them how to manage their family. That's fair enough.

My response referred to the parents, not the children. I said that there is no reason for the parents to hire nannies and maids if they're happy with the way they're doing things. I haven't read anything where the parents said that they aren't happy with the way they have their lives set up, or that they want to change the way they manage their family. The parents don't complain about not having nannies or maids, so why should they hire some?

Second, I have Bountiful as an example how with enough brainwashing anybody will feel happy in whatever situation.
There are also normal people in this world who are generally happy with their lives without being subjected to brainwashing.

...children in Duggars family may think they are one big happy family because they grew up being thaught this is right.
Or they might actually be happy--it does happen.

... I feel deep down SOME Duggars children may feel resentment for never ending workloads...only they would never openly admit it.

because that would be admitting to themselves they are not one big happy family after all, and the whole rosy picture would be ruined.
Things would have to be deal with, and it's not easy to demand answers to the many "whys".
A family doesn't necessarily have to be a 100 percent, 24/7/365 "rosy" picture in order to be a wonderful family. I don't know any, do you?

My response referred to the parents, not the children. I said that there is no reason for the parents to hire nannies and maids if they're happy with the way they're doing things.

I see, of course if you reffer to the parents I would too assume they are most likely happy living their life the way they want.

I haven't read anything where the parents said that they aren't happy with the way they have their lives set up, or that they want to change the way they manage their family

If I was boasting about having baby after baby for 17 years I wouldn't admit I am unhappy or whatehever either.. I am sure I don't have to explain why.

The parents don't complain about not having nannies or maids, so why should they hire some?

Why indeed - if they have their own children to do this for free.

There are also normal people in this world who are generally happy with their lives without being subjected to brainwashing.

yes of course, except most of these people live in normal families - no polygamy, no underage marriages, and on average 2-3 children in one family.
Neither Bountifil nor Duggars is average or even anywhere close to average.

Or they might actually be happy--it does happen.

I sure can not contradict you here. Neither of us have any proof if these children are happy or unhappy. Personally I doubt they are truly happy.

A family doesn't necessarily have to be a 100 percent, 24/7/365 "rosy" picture in order to be a wonderful family. I don't know any, do you?

No, not 24/7356 but the difference between Duggars children and other families is exactly that the Duggars have to work in their own family 24/7/365

whereas children in all families I know don't.

Fuzzy

yes of course, except most of these people live in normal families - no polygamy, no underage marriages, and on average 2-3 children in one family.
Neither Bountifil nor Duggars is average or even anywhere close to average.
Who has declared that 2-3 children is "normal", and large families are not? :dunno:

I sure can not contradict you here. Neither of us have any proof if these children are happy or unhappy. Personally I doubt they are truly happy.
I guess time will tell. We'll have to wait until the children write their books. :)

No, not 24/7356 but the difference between Duggars children and other families is exactly that the Duggars have to work in their own family 24/7/365
Less than 100 years ago, large families were desirable in the USA, especially (but not exclusively) in the rural areas. Poor farm families, and wealthy sophisticated families all wanted lots of children. The trend began to shift when more families moved to the cities, and then later the suburbs, where space was at a premium, and the children weren't needed for labor.

Ah, speaking of labor; previous to that time, most children worked a lot harder than even the Duggar children do. Kids worked long and hard on farms, in factories and mines, and in mom-and-pop shops. I don't advocate those conditions again for children but I also don't compare what the Duggar children do with sweat-shop labor either.

I'd guess it'd be safe to assume they are a relatively happy unit; otherwise, they wouldn't have come this far, would they? :D

Back