Duggars Family... When Will It End?

I don't expect anything from my future children cos I wont have any. I'm part of the younger members of our (VERY) large family who think it's time to take measurable action against the spread of genetic disorders- which involves not having children cos many of us (3/4) are CF carriers. :)

Liebling:))), a family should involve the children helping out.. You give and you take. Taking care of their siblings helps them both be prepared for their future families as well as develop a sense of responsibility. Parents shouldn't just slave away while their kids sit on a couch. The mother already clearly devotes all her time to caring for them and also teaches them all. That many children -is- a small classroom, a full time job in itself.

I agree totally, that's what families are for, helping, giving and supporting each others. ;)

Well acording to the duggars and i heard them say this they believe that god will only give them as many children as they can handle. The older siblings don't look to hate it they seem to be one happy family. My sister who is 10 years older than me took care of me alot since our parents were never arond alot because of working so hard

Lets start a bet pool on which # they'll stop by any means. Roflmfao. 50% of the bet money would go to charity! I'd imagine it'd get pretty fucking large pot and possibly nobody would ever get paid off for like...omg years?

Lets start a bet pool on which # they'll stop by any means. Roflmfao. 50% of the bet money would go to charity! I'd imagine it'd get pretty fucking large pot and possibly nobody would ever get paid off for like...omg years?

Why would it be so cool to bet money on peoples lives? so they have 17 kids they are a happier and more organized family than most of the family's i know.

Angel;794265\ but that doesn't mean that the parents are asking their children to raise their brother or sister...[/QUOTE said:
But that's exactly what they are doing. The siblings *ARE* expected to practically raise a younger sibling. I forget the "cutesy" term they used.. what they do is assign(their word!) a weaned baby to a sibling to clothe, feed, watch after, carry around etc. A baby is imposed on another kid.

A baby is not a pet for a child to "learn responsibility" from. There's a huge difference between helping the family out and being forced to take on care of a younger sibling as a pseudo-parent of sorts.

Ma Duggar deliberately weans her infants early so her menstrual cycle can begin again sooner than later. They're members of Full Quiver a religious sect who believes babies are literally from god and he will make a woman pregnant as many or few times as he wishes. So, no birth control in any way for members of Full Quiver.

Therefore she will keep on producing babies until she hits menopause. It won't be by hitting a certain number or some kind of reasoning like that. They just simply don't see sex as making babies in a way.

I do not care what they are doing.. as long they are happily family.. go for it.. Not my business...

I'd rather care myself focus on my family lifestyle and budget importances things sort it out... doesn't want part of alike The duggar family. The Duggar family are happy or sad lifestyle.. as long not our problem their own way preferences.. That okay.

Really not need to be judge their lifestyles..
:)

Also, it's not as if children are always "working." They get things done a lot faster when each person has its own chores to do. The children do get alot of free time because each person do own chores. I think what they're doing are great. If I have that many children I would do the same what Duggar family do. If I am left to do everything and let children have all the free time, I probably won't live long. The older children get to learn early what it's like to be big brother or big sister and have real world idea of what being a parents would be like in their future.

Each ADers have its own opinion so no one is right or wrong...smile

Read in my magazine showing some photo's of these family, they are doing great - living in a beautiful dining room.

They are doing well.

But that's exactly what they are doing. The siblings *ARE* expected to practically raise a younger sibling. I forget the "cutesy" term they used.. what they do is assign(their word!) a weaned baby to a sibling to clothe, feed, watch after, carry around etc. A baby is imposed on another kid.

A baby is not a pet for a child to "learn responsibility" from. There's a huge difference between helping the family out and being forced to take on care of a younger sibling as a pseudo-parent of sorts.

Ma Duggar deliberately weans her infants early so her menstrual cycle can begin again sooner than later. They're members of Full Quiver a religious sect who believes babies are literally from god and he will make a woman pregnant as many or few times as he wishes. So, no birth control in any way for members of Full Quiver.

Therefore she will keep on producing babies until she hits menopause. It won't be by hitting a certain number or some kind of reasoning like that. They just simply don't see sex as making babies in a way.

So? Amish people have many children too, they often make errands, help their parents and sibling around the house, I don't see a plm with that....There are so many varieties families out there that has many children and they raise their children the way see fits...why making such judgements on how many children they have, or whether or not their children are rasing their siblings?..

I agree with u, Angel! If they're happy family, let it be...smile My great grandparents on both sides had many many children and they helped each other chores. After the children married and left parents home, they stayed close-knit for the rest of their lives, no matter where they live. They have bonded because they helped each other growing up. My children have their own chores. They clean their bedrooms, take turns to clean up bathroom, help with dishes, sweep floor, wash clothes, etc. They are part of the family and help each other. No, I do not make them do everything while I do nothing. They are good at what they do and know that when they're on their own, they will not have problem keeping their own places clean. Their bedrooms do get messy at times and that's when I ask them to clean their rooms. They're normal children...smile My children are very close bonded with me and my husband...they kept telling us that we are the best parents in whole wide world. I make good meals for them and they tell me that I'm the best chef. I make more than half the meals from scratch and fresh fruit/vegs because I have more time to cook. They're very happy at home cuz they get lots of love as well.

If other parents prefer to do all the chores, that's their decision and nothing wrong with that, but the result is more tired parents.

I agree with Angel and Peachlady here, working children would grow up being hard workers and very responsible, I've seen plenty of laziness people in every path of life at workplaces, that is because they haven't learned their responsibilities at a younger age. My view is that it's important to educated children at their younger age about responsibilities, chores, caring, because once they grow up being on their own, they'll be more prepare in the reality of life, which means good parents, hard working people, experienced chef, etc.

I agree with Angel and Peachlady here, working children would grow up being hard workers and very responsible,

Indeed. What a great life - working hard in childhood, working hard in adulthood. Everyone's biggest fantasy, yeah...

Fuzzy

Last edited:
While it seems the family is doing well, My question is this...

Where is the older children's time to date, go out with friends, do stuff away from home? Seems like all the kids do is stay home, study, help with their siblings, do chores.

Where's their life outside their home? where's their Dating, finding that special someone? you know?

Has anybody ever seen Malcolm In The Middle episode where Lois got a rebate coupon for a family portrait and took her family to have a picture taken?
She put them in nice clothes, all washed and made up, and while at the photo centre the boys of course started fighting with each other, messing up their hair and the clothing,
and finally Lois yelled I WANT TO HAVE A NICE FAMILY PICTURE ALL TOGETHER FOR THREE SECONDS, WITH SMILES --- NOW!!!!

Click, flash, they got their "happy family" picture taken in a blink of the eye, indeed all smiles looking happy and close together, and immediately after that the boys resumed their fights :)

This is what I think of "whole, happy family" of Duggars.

I'll bet if someone took them off camera, off the side and asked the children how they REALLY felt....

Some people here are 100% right. Bringing up the children is parent's responsibility. Expecting the older children to take care of the younger is NOT RIGHT.

IT is NOT a right way to teach children to be responsible and caring. It's borderline abuse. There are other ways to teach children be a good adults, and happy and productive childhood does not equal being lazy and unhelpful, but it's definitely NOT having to care for youngsters.

It's one thing to ask the child to ocassionally help with te younger one, another to permanently attach taking care of them all the time.

I personally would not want to be forced into taking care of little children in my youth- I would have plenty of time for that later with my own, until the end of my life, thank you very much.

Damn right, when is supposed to be MY TIME FOR being just a kid?
This time will never come back, ever.

If you as a parent are not able to take care of your children by YOURSELF, then don't make them!!!!

Fuzzy

Has anybody ever seen Malcolm In The Middle episode where Lois got a rebate coupon for a family portrait and took her family to have a picture taken?
She put them in nice clothes, all washed and made up, and while at the photo centre the boys of course started fighting with each other, messing up their hair and the clothing,
and finally Lois yelled I WANT TO HAVE A NICE FAMILY PICTURE ALL TOGETHER FOR THREE SECONDS, WITH SMILES --- NOW!!!!

Click, flash, they got their "happy family" picture taken in a blink of the eye, indeed all smiles looking happy and close together, and immediately after that the boys resumed their fights :)

This is what I think of "whole, happy family" of Duggars.

:lol: you remind me of Joan Crawford and her 4 adopt children. Have you watch the movie "Mommie Dearest"?

Someone should stay at Duggar's home everyday 7 days per weeks and 24 hours then they will know more...

I'll bet if someone took them off camera, off the side and asked the children how they REALLY felt....

To me, I can tell from older children's expression... looked really miserable... Sure, they were smiling but they were forced smile.

I have read their websites and learn about them. All what I read is Bob & Michelle talked about their dreams, no even talk about their children's dream... :( It's sad that nobody notice it.

Some people here are 100% right. Bringing up the children is parent's responsibility. Expecting the older children to take care of the younger is NOT RIGHT.

IT is NOT a right way to teach children to be responsible and caring. It's borderline abuse. There are other ways to teach children be a good adults, and happy and productive childhood does not equal being lazy and unhelpful, but it's definitely NOT having to care for youngsters.

It's one thing to ask the child to ocassionally help with te younger one, another to permanently attach taking care of them all the time.

I personally would not want to be forced into taking care of little children in my youth- I would have plenty of time for that later with my own, until the end of my life, thank you very much.

Damn right, when is supposed to be MY TIME FOR being just a kid?
This time will never come back, ever.

Agreed!

I stand my POV that none of older siblings should be responsible for their younger siblings... I'm sorry. Children should be allowed to be children instead of being forced to dress, change their diapers, feed them and plus parents to their siblings for 7 days and 24 hours, cook, clean, and plus discipline their siblings etc... :hmm: NO!!!

I felt it's unfair to make the older children have to play house because their mother are busy to breed more babies and then pass their babies to the older siblings because of another new addition a year later and on and on the cycle goes. How about letting children have their own dreams and enjoy their life before they settle down with responsiblity. To me, those children are slaves. No even hanging out with friends, learning, growing, dreaming about what you'll be when you grow up etc.

Some of you think this is a normal family, try to think back to your teenage years... Were you able to go out with friends, join sports, just sit in the yard and daydream, lay on your bed and write in a diary, read a good novel? OR did you change diapers, teach the younger children their school lessons, cook every day, do laundry for 18 people, get up and go to bed at exactly the same time as the younger kids, and share a room with them as well...while your mom popped out one baby after another? Which would you prefer?
And where are the jeans and t-shirts and playclothes? What children feel comfortable in look-alike dresses and dress clothes every day?

Sure, my children learn about responsible and chores... but I do not expect them to learn about their marriage, etc. but learn to enjoy their responsiblity, etc and know what right or wrong... Plenty of time for them to enjoy their life before get married and raise the children.

If you as a parent are not able to take care of your children by YOURSELF, then don't make them!!!!

Exactly!!!

I don't think they're doing the best for their kids. I don't care if they're debt-free, that doesn't make a good home life and those kids are going to get a slap in the face when they go into the real world ... if they do. :(

If they have plenty of money then hire Nanny, laundry lady, maids....then... Why can't they then?

Last edited:
...If they have plenty of money then hire Nanny, laundry lady, maids...then... Why can't they then?
Why should they? They're happy living the way they do. They are living their lives, not your life. They don't tell you how to manage your family, and you don't tell them how to manage their family. That's fair enough.

BTW, kids can play and have lots of fun in clothing other than jeans and t-shirts.

Why should they? They're happy living the way they do. They are living their lives, not your life. They don't tell you how to manage your family, and you don't tell them how to manage their family. That's fair enough.

BTW, kids can play and have lots of fun in clothing other than jeans and t-shirts.

Did their children said this?

I need to hear children's side...

I am not telling them what do with their live but my own POV. Is it forbid to share my POV what I thought of this?

Back