Dual-clutch Transmissions

Chevy57

Sherlock Hound
Premium Member
Reaction score
what s difference between CVT and dual clutch transmission? New cars and SUVs have dual-clutch transmissions. Save mpg than CVT and regular automatic. Dual-clutch Transmissions is best??? :dunno2:

I really, really don't think it means to put the clutch pedal in, take it out of first gear, pedal out, pedal back in, and then shift to the next gear. I REALLY don't think it means that. Otherwise, what you talk about is black magic or astronautic engineering to me.

what s difference between CVT and dual clutch transmission? New cars and SUVs have dual-clutch transmissions. Save mpg than CVT and regular automatic. Dual-clutch Transmissions is best??? :dunno2:

CVT is a simpler technology than DCT but typically good for "light" vehicle like Honda Civic or any gas-sipping car. But if you want POWER... DCT does that job. DCT is showing up more and more in motorcycles.

I really, really don't think it means to put the clutch pedal in, take it out of first gear, pedal out, pedal back in, and then shift to the next gear. I REALLY don't think it means that. Otherwise, what you talk about is black magic or astronautic engineering to me.

DCT eliminates that manual process. no clutch pedal. no shifting. it does have "manual option" which is basically + and -

DCT eliminates that manual process. no clutch pedal. no shifting. it does have "manual option" which is basically + and -

Jiro, you have DCT in own motorcycle?

Are you buying new vehicle with CVT or DCT in the future? I've been picking up foreign vehicles (most German cars) for oil services or smog inspection, notice these vehicles won't move with 1st gear or reverse engages when I back off the brake pedal, like I say What, I double check the shift range in the cluster, there is 1st gear or reverse. This car will move when you hit gas pedal like you do with mini bike or go-kart with old school centrifugal clutch. Strange not like old school's domestic automatic transmissions. CVT? Good smooth without shift harsh (or shift shock) and feel the engine roar like slipping clutch in transmission but nothing wrong with it. CVT are good for small vehicles that CVT trannies can live longer.

Are you buying new vehicle with CVT or DCT in the future? I've been picking up foreign vehicles (most German cars) for oil services or smog inspection, notice these vehicles won't move with 1st gear or reverse engages when I back off the brake pedal, like I say What, I double check the shift range in the cluster, there is 1st gear or reverse. This car will move when you hit gas pedal like you do with mini bike or go-kart with old school centrifugal clutch. Strange not like old school's domestic automatic transmissions. CVT? Good smooth without shift harsh (or shift shock) and feel the engine roar like slipping clutch in transmission but nothing wrong with it. CVT are good for small vehicles that CVT trannies can live longer.

Yes. I will plan to buy new SUV next year or early. Honda CR-V has CVT and newer 2016 Hyundai Tucson has DCT. I never seen DCT before.

Yes. I will plan to buy new SUV next year or early. Honda CR-V has CVT and newer 2016 Hyundai Tucson has DCT. I never seen DCT before.

you won't know nor experience any difference between DCT and CVT. it's all same thing to you since you're not a power demander.

Visit Honda and Hyundai dealership, try to drive test to see how CVT/ DCT affect your feeling or comfy. Much different than what you used to driving your older vehicle.

Back