Drivers license question

Saavik

Reaction score
I have no address right now, I've been staying on couches or the floor of several people I know in their places. Basically, I'm 99% sure that counts as being homeless. I may need a Nevada license to actually get help from the Nevada Department of Employment, Training and Rehabilitation.

How do I get a license without an address (As homeless)?

I have no address right now, I've been staying on couches or the floor of several people I know in their places. Basically, I'm 99% sure that counts as being homeless. I may need a Nevada license to actually get help from the Nevada Department of Employment, Training and Rehabilitation.

How do I get a license without an address (As homeless)?
You'll have to ask the DMV of that state what criteria they require. Each state has different rules.

Wonder if you can use a PO Box as "address" or at least temporary until you are able to find a more permanent living arrangement.

Looking here it says that Nevada is one of the easier states to be able to get a license- if you have proof with a birth certificate. However I don't know how well that will work as I know you are transitioning but don't know where you are in changing your documentations from male to female.

Worth it to check out. Lots of luck!

New Nevada residents must obtain their driver license and vehicle registration within 30 days. The initial fine for failing to register your vehicle is $1,000. It may be reduced to not less than $200 upon compliance.

Residency Requirements
You must be a Nevada resident and provide a Nevada street address to obtain a driver license. You may not hold licenses or ID cards from multiple states.

Active duty military members, their spouses, dependents and others living temporarily in Nevada are not required to transfer their license and registration.

Licenses are not issued to visitors, out-of-state students or foreign exchange students. Other foreign nationals may or may not be eligible for a license depending on their specific immigration status. Email or call for details and see Beginning Drivers 18 & Older.

Nevada Revised Statutes 482.103 and 483.141 "Resident" defined.

"Resident" includes, but is not limited to, a person:

Whose legal residence is in the State of Nevada.
Who engages in intrastate business and operates in such a business any motor vehicle, trailer or semi trailer, or any person maintaining such vehicles in this state, as the home state of such vehicles.
Who physically resides in this state and engages in a trade, profession, occupation or accepts gainful employment in this state.
Who declares himself to be a resident of this state to obtain privileges not ordinarily extended to nonresidents of this state.
The term does not include a person who is an actual tourist, an out-of-state student, a foreign exchange student, a border state employee or a seasonal resident.

Items Needed for a Typical Transfer
DRIVER LICENSE

As a first-time applicant, you will be required to provide proof of your identity (name and date of birth) and separate proof of your social security number if one has been issued for you. You must also surrender any existing U.S.-issued license or ID.

Your Valid, State-Issued Driver License, Instruction Permit or ID Card

This must contain your name and date of birth. You must also provide additional proof of identity as listed below.

Licenses and ID cards are issued at a central location and mailed to the customer 7 to 10 days after application. We will punch a hole in your existing license or ID and return it to you with a paper interim document. Your existing license will be cancelled in your previous state.

If your license is expired, revoked or suspended, see Driving Tests. If you have never been licensed in the U.S., see Beginning Drivers 18 & Older or Nevada Teen Driving.

Nevada requires special endorsements for Class C license holders to tow multiple trailers or trailers in excess of 10,000 pounds. Additional testing is required.

Additional Proof of Identity

You must be a Nevada resident and provide a Nevada street address to obtain a drivers license, instruction permit, ID card or Driver Authorization Card. As a first-time applicant, you will be required to provide proof of your identity (name and date of birth) and separate proof of your social security number if one has been issued for you. You must complete a Driver's License or Identification Card Application (DMV 002).

Nevada has two sets of requirements for proof of identity. Most motorists will apply for a standard Driver's License. Those who cannot meet the requirements for a standard license may apply for a Driver Authorization Card (DAC), which is not valid for identification.

Please review each and determine which is right for you.

Proof of Identity for a Standard Driver License, Commercial Driver License or Identification Card
Proof of Identity for a Driver Authorization Card
Veterans with an honorable discharge may present their DD-214 form to have a Veteran designator placed on their license. Anyone may elect to become an Organ Donor.

Nevada DMV New Resident Guide

Back