Dreama's back. Remember me?

vegandreamer

Reaction score
Hello, It's Dreama. Only I've got a new username now. I was Profoundly Deaf and partially sighted when I used to post here. Then I became almost totally blind (apart from light perseption). I think their is a way of accessing the net by a braille display but unfortunately I never figured it out. I bought a braille display and a braille note with a Deafblind communicater but never mastered anything past sending and receiving emails and txt messages.
Now some of my sight has been restored and I'm back to using Zoomtext to access the net. I also have a new Mac computer which is frustrating but lets me surf the net much easily then my old one did.
Anyway I like reading, surfing the net and vegan food.

Hi Dreama,
I think I remember U from AD
As for being deaf-blind, my eye sight in my left eye really went down hill in the last few years.

I'm pretty certain I was legaly blind in both eyes until this week. I had an operation in both of my eyes and now my sight is so much better.

However, there's history of vision problems in my family so I can't discount of me going blind again.

As for me, I have a lot of catching up to do and getting to know both new and old posters.

Thanks for the welcome Deafskeptic. Yes it is good to be partially sighted again. I had inwardly turned eyelashes which meant my eyes were almost always closed. When they were open my eyes were so infected that I only saw white mist.

Eventually I agreed to sort the problem out and have an operation that partially restored my vision. I don't know how long that will last either.

For those who are Deafblind- there are a few good closed groups on FB- I'm a member of one if you are interested in joining.

Deafducky: Are you deaf blind?

Yes. My vision is better than my hearing though. Some might say I'm NOT deafblind ( the whole "you don't look....") but was born with severe cataracts, surgery, aphakic (no lens at all) for years so technically I was legally blind. Now that I have lens implants- somewhat better but probably still 'legally blind' without glasses.

Sorry... a long answer for.. I see myself as deaf+low vision.

I am Deaf and low vision now too. I can see a lot but I can't read small print unless it's magnified in my CCTV.

I am Deaf and low vision now too. I can see a lot but I can't read small print unless it's magnified in my CCTV.

I use a magnifying glass when needed to see small print.. not to the point of a CCTV yet. I know what they are though... a friend of mine had one at Gally- Big ole thing- black and white in those days. Pretty nifty.

Mine is in colour. I usually have yellow on black for reading books and colour for reading food labels.

There does not seem to be many people here. I came here looking for someone to practice asl with and have received one offer but then they dropped off the face of the earth without a trace.

What happened to everyone who used to post here?

I wasn't around when AD first started but I have the impression that a) many either got banned, just left to avoid drama or b) just plain drifted away when Facebook, Twitter, Instagram etc started to get bigger. and c) some members passed away.

I wasn't around when AD first started but I have the impression that a) many either got banned, just left to avoid drama or b) just plain drifted away when Facebook, Twitter, Instagram etc started to get bigger. and c) some members passed away.
That sounds exactly about right. I even took a break myself for a few years, a few years ago, to escape drama. Came back when things quieted down a bit.

And I spend far more time on social media than ever, so I’m sure others do the same too.

c) some members passed away.

That's what I'm afraid of. I had a good friend who used to email me and post here but he stopped in 2011. I hope he's ok but he did feel suicide some times so he might have gone and done it. I wouldn't know. (sad).

Back