Doorbell Signaler?

TheXandieBoy

Reaction score
hi, i was look around all over on internet to see if there's deaf products like store for deaf supplies with devices like ... doorbell signaler, bed alarm clock, phone flash etc -- i know theres many on internet but wonder if theres stores that we can walk in, anywhere in new england like boston?

the point is that i'm looking for sonic alert doorbell signaler db-100 for my home that work with intercom. so, that device usually go for 70-100 dollar. so i was wonder if anyone of you know where or anything that go for good price or reasonable price, i mean i'm not rich and unable to afford that much of cost.

i would appreciate if you know anything about this, thank you.

A long time ago there was a "bookstore" at a few GLAD locations in Southern Calif. They were selling ASL books, books about deaf culture, etc as well as many devices (visual aids, etc) for deaf people. Unfortunately they closed it down because of internet so we have to order them online.

Want reasonable prices, try Amazon or eBay.

TheXandieBoy -- I feel your pain. it really suxs that we cant get tax breaks being deaf and buy this stuff nor get federal assistance unless you are going to college and VR is willing to pay for it. I heard they dont pay for this stuff anymore, but thats past my time now. There is NO walk in stores anymore like you suspected . At least there are none I know of now. Ebay is one source where sometimes its cheaper then direct, but you have to do your homework and becareful that you are getting everything and it works. no warranty usually on fleabay.

Wirelessly posted

Or Amazon.com. Cheaper price than Harris comm.

You could try calling your phone company and see if they'll help you get some free flashers for your phone. I have Verizon for my phone company and I call their phone # that for deaf and hoh people and I have gotten a free flashing light for my phone and a free Clarity phone. A person will go right to your home too.

Compare prices for Sonic Alert DB100 Wireless Doorbell Signaler >

Sonic Alert DB100 Wireless Doorbell Signaler/Transmitter Assistive and Hearing Aids Products - Deaf, Hearing Loss, Sign Language
> $99.95 + $9.00 (for zip code 907XX)

Sonic Alert Sonic Signaler DB200 Doorbell and Telephone Transmitter Brand New | eBay
> $62.50 + $5.72 (Including a telephone signaler, too - save money - retail price $119.99)

Sonic Alert Wireless Doorbell Signaler :: Door Signalers :: Alert & Signal :: Weitbrecht Communications, Inc.
> $99.95 + shipping cost (?)

Amazon.com: Sonic Alert Wireless Doorbell Signaler: Health & Personal Care

> $50.00 + $4.49 (Open box but never used)

Last edited:
You could try calling your phone company and see if they'll help you get some free flashers for your phone. I have Verizon for my phone company and I call their phone # that for deaf and hoh people and I have gotten a free flashing light for my phone and a free Clarity phone. A person will go right to your home too.
He's looking to buy a doorbell signaler. (Thread Title)

Since you're in MA, try Assistive Technology and Hearing Ear Dogs

Assistive Technology and Hearing Ear Dogs

hi, i was look around all over on internet to see if there's deaf products like store for deaf supplies with devices like ... doorbell signaler, bed alarm clock, phone flash etc -- i know theres many on internet but wonder if theres stores that we can walk in, anywhere in new england like boston?

the point is that i'm looking for sonic alert doorbell signaler db-100 for my home that work with intercom. so, that device usually go for 70-100 dollar. so i was wonder if anyone of you know where or anything that go for good price or reasonable price, i mean i'm not rich and unable to afford that much of cost.

I am planning to modify the GE doorbell that I got from Walmart for $15
I would wire xmas lights to the doorbell.

Reread the first post ! He also said flasher for phones.

He was asking if any one of you know a local store in Boston area or nearby where he can buy a doorbell signaler at a reasonable price. Intercom is not a phone. That's all, ma'am.

Last edited:
Back