Don't you hate it when hearies think we are spoiled brats?

pixiestix

Reaction score
I have noticed that hearies tend to call deafies spoiled brat because when we are upset, we tend to be very expressive with our facial and body gestures, but that does not mean we are spoiled brats!!!!

GRRRR!!

Why do they think like that????

I have seen plenty of hearing people get expressive with facial and body gestures. Every cultures has their own way of expressing themselves when they're upset , mad ,happy etc. I have never had this happen to me , maybe you where being a spoiled brat at the time and it had nothing to do with being deaf or hoh.

Darn!!! See, if we gave a Deaf/deaf cat catnip, that will not be enough. They want more and more catnips. We don't call cats spoiled brat or do we?

So if a deaf/Deaf person got upset, we are called spoiled brats? Hey, we are humans just like everyone else.

I know. I know hearies don't really show anger with big facial and body gestures, just show it mostly in face (minimal) but more with voices.

I know. I know hearies don't really show anger with big facial and body gestures, just show it mostly in face (minimal) but more with voices.

What a load of CRAP! Did you see how angry Hillary Clinton got at testimony on Benghazi? She was banging her hands on the table . Did you watch any of the debates for the precedent election , every candidate's was a 'hearie'
and they all used a lot body languages and facial gestures . Joe Biden was all over the place in his debate. You much be working with dead people in a
morgue all day!

Where in the world would get an idea like that? Are you around a bunch of people on lithium or something? I have been in the hearing world and they most certainly show their emotions on their face.

Where in the world would get an idea like that? Are you around a bunch of people on lithium or something? I have been in the hearing world and they most certainly show their emotions on their face.

Possibly from being in a Catholic Church? Those are some of the most somber, inexpressive people you'll see/hear. (Before anyone gets offended, I'm speaking as an experienced, former-Catholic.)

If everyone in Washington State really are that disciplined, I want to move there.

You can come with me when I go to construction meetings at job sites. I've learned how to drop the F-bomb in many creative ways.

Possibly from being in a Catholic Church? Those are some of the most somber, inexpressive people you'll see/hear. (Before anyone gets offended, I'm speaking as an experienced, former-Catholic.)

That's right, they are the most level-headed and disciplined group on earth......never did a bad deed.......:roll:

I'm a hearie, and it never occurred to me to call a deaf person a spoiled brat for showing emotions. That is most peculiar. The only time I would even think someone is a spoiled brat is if that person acted like a spoiled brat. That is, if someone whined about getting his or her own way for something. It's a rude term, and I don't use it.

Maybe it's just an immature group.

do they...???been called afew things but spoiled brats was never one..i known people fearful or frustrated on both sides.. ailinate yourself or you will have problems

I have noticed that hearies tend to call deafies spoiled brat because when we are upset, we tend to be very expressive with our facial and body gestures, but that does not mean we are spoiled brats!!!!

GRRRR!!

LOLOLOLOL
In the same sentence you asked AND answered your own question :D

Fuzzy

I'm a hearie, and it never occurred to me to call a deaf person a spoiled brat for showing emotions. That is most peculiar. The only time I would even think someone is a spoiled brat is if that person acted like a spoiled brat. That is, if someone whined about getting his or her own way for something. It's a rude term, and I don't use it.

Maybe it's just an immature group.

Never been called a spoiled brat for just being deaf. Thats a new one to me.

GRRRR!!

Was the particular group of hearies who called you that your parents?

If so it may have been more about how they perceive your character than anything at all to do with deafness.

And I have never been called a spoiled brat...

If so it may have been more about how they perceive your character than anything at all to do with deafness.

LOL ! I said this too in post #3.

What a load of CRAP! Did you see how angry Hillary Clinton got at testimony on Benghazi? She was banging her hands on the table . Did you watch any of the debates for the precedent election , every candidate's was a 'hearie'
and they all used a lot body languages and facial gestures . Joe Biden was all over the place in his debate. You much be working with dead people in a
morgue all day!

At the risk of :locked:, it is a-F*-mazing about her behavior. She should know that heading up an organization means being responsible for the organization's actions. I rest What's case. I will NOT go see the video of Mrs. HillBill banging on the table, because it just might be enough for me to give up, pack my stuff into a storage facility at least a hundred miles from any major city, and escape Houston TOMORROW. Uh-uh...

I see the worse of it in public at times, average behavior coming from white middle class people who have NO CLUE WHAT THE HELL'S GOING ON, don't bother to read ANYTHING about what they're looking to buy, (GSP, tent, heart rate monitors, I don't give a F* what), put the products back on the wrong peg or don't even try to put it back on the peg right. What gets my goat tied and sent to the center of the earth is the people don't even write the item name or number down so that I can VERIFY that we actually carry it. And they drive 45 miles to find out I don't have it BECAUSE THEY DIDN'T CALL TO MAKE DAMN SURE! I actually have to teach them how to shop! THE WORSE are people from Europe. OMFG... I'm on the floor, and customer service has it EVEN worse! People return wore out 8-year-old shoes that has seen probably 1,000 miles if not more, a clothing item that is the wrong size, supposedly, because they lost or gained weight, EVEN parents who brought back clothes bought a year before because they were now too small on the child!

Grown children having children!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

We are F* doomed!!!

GD!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
:run: :run: :run: :run: :run:

:hideunderchaircovereyes:

Back