Doh!!!!!!!!!!!

deafdyke

Reaction score
We all know about how hearing aids love to hide. Where are some places you've found hearing aids hiding? I apparently forgot that I took my hearing aids out in the bathroom while I was taking my shower, and spent an afternoon freaking out and franticly searching for them in my room. Luckily I'm the only kid in my section who is hoh, and one of my buddies helped me find them. I also cannot count the number of times I've found them under my bed or whatever...

Erm....well actually, well i've never lost mine, but one time i wore them in the shower. I couldn't figure out why i could hear the water and where i'd put them. It wasn't until i put my hands in my hair that i felt them. I ripped them out of my ears and threw them on to a far away carpet.

I've had it happen to me. I'll take my hearing aid off and put it in the most obvious place I can think of. Later, I'll forget where I put it and spend a long time looking for it until I find it at the end... the last place I ever thought I'd put it. Heh!

I've had my dog take them while we were sleeping. Found him curled up over chewed up bits of earmold...the hearing aid itself was amazingly still functional, but without an earmold, there was no point.

I broke the broom on his little ass. Hubby still says that's the only time he's seen me panic. LOL.

Have a CI now - so I keep 'em in the same place every time...even hang it on the refrigerator every now and then...LOL. Holds up my kid's artwork.

Malfoyish said:
I've had my dog take them while we were sleeping. Found him curled up over chewed up bits of earmold...the hearing aid itself was amazingly still functional, but without an earmold, there was no point.

I broke the broom on his little ass. Hubby still says that's the only time he's seen me panic. LOL.

Have a CI now - so I keep 'em in the same place every time...even hang it on the refrigerator every now and then...LOL. Holds up my kid's artwork.

:lol: Funny place to put the CI on! ;) I take it you have the BTE, hey? I don't. :( I have the ughy body processor part. :roll: I should've opted for the BTE when I went in for surgery. Oh well.

PurpleRose71 said:
:lol: Funny place to put the CI on! ;) I take it you have the BTE, hey? I don't. :( I have the ughy body processor part. :roll: I should've opted for the BTE when I went in for surgery. Oh well.

HI kid! (Yes, looks like Liza is rubbing off on me.)

Far as I know, it does not matter whether you use the body processor or the BTE - it's only a matter of changing the cords. You can check with your CI center and see if a change is possible...it is much, MUCH easier, IMO, to use the BTE over the other one. :) I'm picky with what I wear on my person...so...:dunno:...at any rate, check with 'em - I do believe that all models are modifiable as far as BTE or body processors.

Hugggggs!

Malfoyish said:

Don't forget about the night it was stored in my hubby's sweatshirt pocket after you threw it across my yard because it fell off while we were jumping on the trampolene and I landed on it. :beer: Those damn things are pretty tuff!

firegirl said:
Don't forget about the night it was stored in my hubby's sweatshirt pocket after you threw it across my yard because it fell off while we were jumping on the trampolene and I landed on it. :beer: Those damn things are pretty tuff!

Your hubby took very good care of it. As you can see, it's still functional. And I was DRUNK....damnit.

Malfoyish said:

HAHAHAHA..that is a great idea! I should hang up my BTE on the refrigerator from now on as Im always searching high and low for them.

Meg said:
HAHAHAHA..that is a great idea! I should hang up my BTE on the refrigerator from now on as Im always searching high and low for them.

There you go!!! And you'll never lose it again. After all, who takes things off the refrigerator? ;) Especially when it's what's INSIDE the refrigerator people are most interested in?

I am not a freak for impeccable organization but there's a few things I'm really anal about and when it comes to my hearing aid, I ALWAYS put it in the same place everyday, out of harm's way.

I ALWAYS put it in the same place everyday, out of harm's way.
Yeah, but Tousi, they have a tendancy to walk off! I swear...along with my ID card, my hearing aid is always mysterously disapearing!

Back