Does Anyone here ever suffered from Migraines?

Sasha64

Reaction score
Am just wondering if anyone here can tell me of their experience with having migraine and what triggers it and how do u get over it

For me Stress is a big trigger for setting off my migraines and will often last for two - four days depending on how bad. If it is severe i would often just lie in total darkness and is very light sensitive when having migraine and always feeling so nausesous with it and just need to lie very very still as any movement makes the migraines worse. Most time some medication will work other will not so if it doesnt work, I have to go to the Doc and get the injection to give me some instant relief but sure they do knock me right out so need to have a driver with me to drive me home.

Cheese is a no go for me and some chocolates too but research says they dont trigger migraines but in my case they sure do. Anyone have some experience like this??

A lot of my friends have migraines, and some of them told me that doctor told them that it is hard to cure the migraines. :dunno:

Yeah there is definitely no cure for it just got to get thru them and they are just something u dont ever want to experience.

I did have migraines starting in my mid teens and then they just stopped happening when I was around 30. My father had that same pattern.

At the worst time I would throw up and have to lay down in dark room.

No explanation for why they were a limited pattern for two generations. I have two daughters and neither one of them got migraines.

No good advice just hope they will stop for you at some point.

Lucky for u Bottesni that u actually outgrew urs.

Mine is hereditary because alot of my family members have got them including my mother plus my grandfather all get it and im sure that my great grandmother had it too so it passed down as now my niece and nephew are now getting them too. Bummer!!!

I only had migraine once few years ago, throwing up for a day, with a pounding headache and eyes are sensitive even moving makes me throw up.

I don't remember what did trigger migraine.

My hubby suffers migraines every single day for many years ... from high blood pressure which is hereditary. The migraine tablets were not effective for him. There are some which are very expensive and are nicknamed the "Royal" pills. (About $40 a pop). Been to doctors for years to find the cause and of course, a cure.

Just a few months ago, he collapsed. The cause was high blood pressure which created migraines. Now his neurologist has correctly this time diagnosed the source ... the basilar artery was severely cramped shut which made hubby collapse without warning and he is now on new medications. Mainly blood pressure pills and an emergency migraine ones. He is eligible for the PBS (Australian Pharmaceutical Benefits Scheme) which covers his migraine tablets. About every 10 days, when a migraine is looming, he takes the proper pill and it's gone. He is very happy about that as it gives him quality of life.

He was very lucky as there is only one basilar artery and he either would have died or be totally paralysed from the neck down.

I used to get migraines so bad that I wondered if it was possible to die of a headache. I'd have to shut myself up in the bathroom for hours and shut out all lights and just lie there and hope I'd fall asleep and sleep thru the headaches.

I do sometimes, when there too much noises for me to take in. It would drives me nuts.

Oh yea...I get mine so bad...could not focus on anything at all! I would take my Imiterix and crawl in bed and sleep. It does help...sometimes it don't so I have to take another dose then it went away...it'll last 3-4 days grrr! When I feel it get start I take medication RIGHT away to prevent it. I dunno why I get it. I guess genetic. :(

Oh yea...I get mine so bad...could not focus on anything at all! I would take my Imiterix and crawl in bed and sleep. It does help...sometimes it don't so I have to take another dose then it went away...it'll last 3-4 days grrr! When I feel it get start I take medication RIGHT away to prevent it. I dunno why I get it. I guess genetic. :(

My was genetic too but i got meds from doctor for it. :lol:

Hi Sasha, I have experience with migraine twice times.
I was first time to have one when I was 19. It from too much stress, eating too much chocolate, cheese, grease food, drink pop and coffee with caffeine, play video game, stay up too late and use internet, not enough exercise, sleep for short and long. I had a throw up either. I went to doctor appointment. I wore a sunglasses to protect from the sun or cloud outside there. I went to ER once time. I got a morphine shot from served pain. I stayed away from watch TV, internet due to my migraine. I had a plenty of rest and sleep with dark room.

I got second migraine when I was 22 half. I got it from too much stress, depress and not eat well. It's short time. I got a medicine.

I hope not going to happen to me again. I have to start with diet and exercise.

Lucky for u Bottesni that u actually outgrew urs.

Mine is hereditary because alot of my family members have got them including my mother plus my grandfather all get it and im sure that my great grandmother had it too so it passed down as now my niece and nephew are now getting them too. Bummer!!!

There's heredity for it in my family, too. My sister and Grandmother get migraines. My Mother and I do not.

Whoa! didnt realize so many of you suffer from migraines!
I have suffered since i was about 28 years old and i had
cat scan to rule out any tumors and all, no tumors. Then
the dr. asked me if any of my family suffered from it, i told
him my grandmother, half sister and me get them..he said
its hereditary..like the other person said..bummer! lol
So after a few meds to try and see which is best..its
Imitrex. It is the best thing that ever was invented, ha.
it is a miracle drug for me..it works great.
My triggers would be mostly stress and too much alcohol
so i dont drink any except one or two wine coolers, thats it.
If i drink too much of it, it triggers migraines. Heavier stuff
like vodka is very bad trigger for me so i avoid it completely.
About stress, sometimes it is impossible to avoid stress so when
i get one, i just take Imitrex.
Chocolate and cheese do not affect me at all. But if i have
too much chocolate, i get very sick and throw up, strange.
So whatever triggers your migraine, its best to know what does
bring them on and avoid it..like cheese/choclate/alcohol or whatever
brings them on.

All in all, it is a big Pain in the arse! lol!

Wow that just so interesting to see many have migraines here and have different ways of dealing with it.

Never tried Imitrex as dont have them here just yet but i can look into it and find out what it all about. As i get them very regualar at times last week had a severe one that lasted for four days but had to take the last two days off work as it was soo bad i couldnt see or move for it. Bummer i hate taking time off work but it cant be helped.
At the moment am taking Mersyndol for mine as im allergic to anything that got cortisone in it and iburopfen too so sometimes some medication have to be checked to make sure it doesnt contain those two items.

Im pleased to know that many are herediatry and that all share a common illness of migraines.

Thanks for sharing the information with me.

I suffer from migraines sometimes but it's not severe. However my mother's mirgraines were so bad. I remember when I was growing up, she'd be in bed just about every weekend and vomiting etc. Nothing helped but coke did help a bit.

Stress was the main cause.

She recently was in NZ and got a really strong migraine medicine and they were like $50 for 4 pills. She said it worked like wonder because her migraine went in matter of hours.

I think you need to go to headache clinic where they help patients control their headaches and migraines.

I heard botox help stop migraines. I dunno if that's true. I don't have migraine myself.

Sasha, You're welcome. I took Imitrex to stop get migraine. It's helped a lot. I'm allergy to Wellburtin cause I got migraine.

Back