Does anyone have back/neck problems?

mncopeland1

Reaction score
I have had back and neck problem all of my life, but it seems like it is getting worse. I have more pressure building up in my back and I am in excruciating pain sometimes. I try sitting different ways and massaging my neck and back as much as I can but it seems to have little or no effect. :(

My question: Those with back problems, what do you do to relieve the pressure?

I do Bikram Yoga - it's made a tremendous difference in only 8 months.

ummmmm....and still didn't help. Pain meds barely help me, and Ill need more surgeries in the future as the plates put excess stress on the other disks and my back is shot as I have degenerative disk disease.

Attachments

• hurt2.jpg
    hurt2.jpg
    51.9 KB · Views: 15
  • hurt3.jpg
    hurt3.jpg
    40.1 KB · Views: 15
cortizone and steroid shot, keeps me pain free for a little over a year

Wirelessly posted

physical therapy helps me and followed by exercises they tell me to do. Sitting is bad for your back. Also being on the computer a lot isn't great either. y

My mother deals with the back issues. Sitting in soft chairs that offer no support hurts your back. We have a rocking chair that my grandmother always used...and my mother doesn't....wooden chairs=back support=pain relief....and exercise. You should check out a library for books on exercises for necks and backs. They're out there....and I'm pretty sure walking and stretching are just two of the recommended exercises....

Laura

Stop sitting front of computer all day.

Don't bother to checking/playing with smart phone all day.

Stop eating dairy products and replace with alternative milks.

Stop eating processed food.
Start eating more vegetables and fruits. Vitamins from food will help to heal your body.

I have a minor case of scoliosis (back curves to the side) and I go to a chiropractor every month for an adjustment. I really feel it if I have to stand for any period of time or walk slowly, but if I can walk at a normal pace then I'm fine.

I make a point of trying to sit and stand as 'properly' as I can, and try to stay active to keep the muscles strong too.

Yes I used to have a pain in the neck ... what did I do to relieve the pressure ??? I divorced her!!! :D

Wirelessly posted

I am a sciatic nerve survivor. My back was "S" shape in 2008 plus bed ridden for 3 months before seeing a chiropractor. I am much better not 100% some effects pop up like tired, problems breathing (mild) but still it there.

There are a variety of ways to relieve pain like laying on the floor. Physical therapy and massages.
I know it not fun!

I have a muscle condition Dystonia that causes tremendous pain. It actually disabled me about ten years ago. I've tried everything. Even had a pain pump surgically implanted but that almost killed me. Depends what the issue is. I use to get Botox injections in all the muscles from the top of my head to my mid back, ribs etc. it worked for awhile but then stopped. In my case the muscles are in a constant "charlie horse" and NEVER goes away. I can not exercise this away, rest and ice help the most.

I have compression fracture in L1, L3 of my back. I would say that it hurts if I let it bother me. I'm getting old!!!

What will provide relief is dependent on what is causing the problem. It also determines what may make the problem worse. If pressure in the wrong place is causing the problem then sitting or laying in a different position can help. My back problem was caused by a disc that, for lack of a better word, exploded. The gel like substance that makes up the inside of the disc was sitting on, in, and around my spinal cord. Going to the chiropractor made it worse as manipulation only served to move the stuff around. If you are having back pain I would definitely recommend seeing a dr to find out what is causing the pain before trying to treat it. If you end up treating it wrongly there is a chance that you may make things worse before they get better. The only solution for my pain was surgery. That was 9 years ago, and occasionally my back aches, but there hasn't been any real pain since I completed recovery.

You may need to get a better chair and /or computer desk .

And a lot of people do have lower back pain.

What will provide relief is dependent on what is causing the problem. It also determines what may make the problem worse. If pressure in the wrong place is causing the problem then sitting or laying in a different position can help. My back problem was caused by a disc that, for lack of a better word, exploded. The gel like substance that makes up the inside of the disc was sitting on, in, and around my spinal cord. Going to the chiropractor made it worse as manipulation only served to move the stuff around. If you are having back pain I would definitely recommend seeing a dr to find out what is causing the pain before trying to treat it. If you end up treating it wrongly there is a chance that you may make things worse before they get better. The only solution for my pain was surgery. That was 9 years ago, and occasionally my back aches, but there hasn't been any real pain since I completed recovery.
I hurt worst laying down.

Well, to clarify, here is some background on my problem. I was born with mild scoliosis and Klippel-Feil Syndrome. I do not have a normal type of scoliosis. On my back, my spine curves one way and then the bones fuse and then curves the opposite way and then fuses and then curves and straighten up at the bottom of my spine. I also am missing 4 out of the 7 vertebrae that you should have in your neck.

I do notice that my back and neck hurt more when I sit for long periods. I try not to sit for too long, but when I am in school, I don't have control over that sadly. :/

Sadly, the last time I spoke to my doctor, they said my scoliosis is "not bad enough" to warrant surgery and that is when they suggested physical therapy. I tried it and it really helped, but I think the most helpful part was the ultrasounds that they performed on my back to loosen the muscles and pressure buildups. I can't get physical therapy anymore though because of my insurance. It's hard enough getting a doctors appointment that doesn't take 3 months. :/

I've been think about getting a new computer chair but the good ones that are actually helpful are too expensive, but if you know of any good non-expensive ones you can let me know. :)

i got alexanda cushine and took some lessons make sure your neck is not doing swan poisition...here we got charity for bad backs you see what you need,it give you ideas for america...i feel for you know just what it like

Got thrown by machinery at work, yup sure did...lol
and that alone was my neck.

Been hit 3 times on a motorcycle and BMX accidents as a kid.

Back