Does Anyone Do Any Kayak Fishing?

Steinhauer

Reaction score
I just got an Angler Kayak that has 3 rod holders, and you can stand on it, although I haven't tried to yet. The first time I took it out, I just used a 1/8 rooster tail using a shakespeare micro caster, and caught a bait fish with it. I then hooked it to a bait holder hook on another pole and caught a 7 lb large mouth bass - I then caught a 4 lb bass with the rooster tail - took them home, cleaned them and blackened them on the grill.

I use virgin olive oil and Mrs. Dash seasoning and just eat the boneless fillets.(I soak the boneless fillets in heavily salted water, overnight in the fridge. I then baste them - using various sauce, sometimes coke - in a plastic bag for at least 15 minutes before cooking. I make sure they are cooked hotter that 145 degrees for longer than 15 seconds, then nuke them in the microwave, just in case, to get rid of any worms).

I can't be the only one who goes kayak fishing ... where are all you kayak anglers?

I was going to respond to this post but after reading this at 6 am, my brain couldn't comprehend all that :) glad you seemed to enjoy yourself. I am not a fisherwoman so there's that.

I was hoping to generate some interest. In my State, there is an attempt to make a kayak/canoe water trail along the Etowah River. What this means is that there will be canoe "put in/take out" locations complete with a campground. I thought that with enough interest, maybe some AD members would like to plan an outdoor adventure so Foxrac could come and join us. With him losing the ability to drive, and going through the rough time he is goi g through, I just thought it would be an awesome thing if we, as a community, could come together and enjoy each other's company in the great outdoors.

I promise, I won't talk politics.

I don't see much for kayaks around here. Minnesota being the land of 10,000 lakes everybody's got big boats! We are planning to buy a pontoon and then hubby can fish from that. I'll just sit and drink. Lol.

I like kayak fishing better than boat fishing. The reason why is because you can get to some remote places with a kayak that a boat can't get to.

I was hoping to generate some interest. In my State, there is an attempt to make a kayak/canoe water trail along the Etowah River. What this means is that there will be canoe "put in/take out" locations complete with a campground. I thought that with enough interest, maybe some AD members would like to plan an outdoor adventure so Foxrac could come and join us. With him losing the ability to drive, and going through the rough time he is goi g through, I just thought it would be an awesome thing if we, as a community, could come together and enjoy each other's company in the great outdoors.

I promise, I won't talk politics.

Oh wow, that's nice of you to claim my name but it looks like AD forum doesn't support tagging like FB.

If you can't overcome the politic addiction so I will ask Jiro to be my companion or I may pretending to agree with you on everything - two-faced (Leftist Foxrac and Rightist Foxrac). :lol:

I'm not sure about outdoor activities this summer due to heat and sprained ankle. Honest with you, OMG, I hate summer in southern states!!! :ugh:

Well, if no one else wants to join, I will still take you kayak fishing. Let me know when your ankle heals up.

And, of course, Jiro can come if he wants to. He can keep all the Republican fish, and I will keep all the Democrat fish.

Fair?

Well, if no one else wants to join, I will still take you kayak fishing. Let me know when your ankle heals up.

And, of course, Jiro can come if he wants to. He can keep all the Republican fish, and I will keep all the Democrat fish.

Fair?
I went kayaking with my family in Maine last week ,my son in water and granddaughter went fishing but they throw the fish back in after .

And the Independent, (me) can keep all the GOP and Dem. fish ! :) LOL!

Back