Does a 20 year old have the right to

Oh he'll no I didn't, my parents are Mormon. That's because the culture that set those norms and rules, that's how they feel about it. Eventually another generation is going to be taking over and setting those norms and rules, and they don't care so much. Notice I'm dating eventually here lol. Eventually all gay people will be able to get married, lots of changes will happen eventually.

If you are like me, you probably asked your parents a question like "Why do we have to give up meat during Lent?" and were told "Because that is the way it is, now stop asking stupid questions".

Maybe I should get a tatt. Probably should get one on the back of my neck that says "Caution...work in progress".

The thing is, tattoos are very very very common, there is a shift happening., which is natural as cultures evolve. The people that are opposed to them are a dying breed....literally. As the older generation dies off I think we will see more and more acceptance of it. More changes than just tats and ink too ;)
Change happens when cultures decline, too. Not all changes are beneficial. Not all people who don't want tattoos are old; they have a different world view.

I agree that more changes are happening. I disagree that they are all for the good. Tattoos and piercings are just outward manifestations of what's changing on the inside, and a microcosm of what's happening to society at large.

Change happens when cultures decline, too. Not all changes are beneficial. Not all people who don't want tattoos are old; they have a different world view.

I agree that more changes are happening. I disagree that they are all for the good. Tattoos and piercings are just outward manifestations of what's changing on the inside, and a microcosm of what's happening to society at large.

I can't see anything moraly wrong with tattoos or peircings. I think the only thing this increase in tattoos reflects is a greater acceptance of peoples individual choises and respecting that what someone wants to do to their own body is their business. The only reason i would suggest making it descrete is because of the social pressure put on people that dont.

I can't see anything moraly wrong with tattoos or peircings. I think the only thing this increase in tattoos reflects is a greater acceptance of peoples individual choises and respecting that what someone wants to do to their own body is their business. The only reason i would suggest making it descrete is because of the social pressure put on people that dont.
Like I said, different world views.

As a 20 year old living on my own, if I wanted to go get a tattoo or piercing, I would. My parents have no say except that they do help me pay for school, so it is possible that they could "cut me off" in that aspect.

Not that my parents are against that stuff nor am I. I just don't want one myself.

I know at my job we are not allowed to show piercings and tattoos besides women having one piercing in each ear.

Once upon a time all women had to wear dresses....down to their ankles, then eventually they could be to their knees, but they still had to wear skirts/dresses.....all things change in time :)

Once upon a time all women had to wear dresses....down to their ankles, then eventually they could be to their knees, but they still had to wear skirts/dresses.....all things change in time :)

and now, the undies are just barely more than strings going thru the crack of your ass! LOL

I remember when tattoos meant low class when I was growing up. That changed around 1995 when people started getting belly piercings. I got my tattoo in 1997 and now it is 2013 and I still love it. I would love to have one more. I just think they can be beautiful. Sure there are some that I don't like...especially those tattoos on the face.

I remember when tattoos meant low class when I was growing up. That changed around 1995 when people started getting belly piercings. I got my tattoo in 1997 and now it is 2013 and I still love it. I would love to have one more. I just think they can be beautiful. Sure there are some that I don't like...especially those tattoos on the face.

I got my belly button pierced in '95!! Got my first tattoo in '93. Back then it was expensive!! Supply and demand, it wasn't much in demand and there wasn't much supply. I thin it $75 to get my belly button done. There wasn't much selection as far as piercings went either, just hoops, maybe a colored hoop, trying to remember. It was 40 to get it pierced and 35 for the hoop, or the other way around, I forget. Now you can all kinds of things for like $10, demand is high now. I don't remember how much it was to get my nose done I want to say 10 or 11 years ago, I was 27 or 28....I think, but I'm sure it was a lot cheaper than my belly button!! I'm thinking $40ish.

I got my belly button pierced in '95!! Got my first tattoo in '93. Back then it was expensive!! Supply and demand, it wasn't much in demand and there wasn't much supply. I thin it $75 to get my belly button done. There wasn't much selection as far as piercings went either, just hoops, maybe a colored hoop, trying to remember. It was 40 to get it pierced and 35 for the hoop, or the other way around, I forget. Now you can all kinds of things for like $10, demand is high now. I don't remember how much it was to get my nose done I want to say 10 or 11 years ago, I was 27 or 28....I think, but I'm sure it was a lot cheaper than my belly button!! I'm thinking $40ish.

not supply and demand it was a novelty factor back then...now its a 'choice' than a 'statement', er...hope you now what i mean...

Didn't mean that people that don't want tattoos are old.....I'm talking about the people that that look at them with disapproval, judgements, and have set the norms and rules in the work place. Those are old rules and old norms and eventually what is acceptable will change. Those rules, btw, loosen more and more every year in different industries, whether you believe it, or like it , or not.

For the 3rd time, Nurse, in the ER, tat on the back of her neck. Hair up in a pony tail and showing it off and everything. Oh yeah, change will be coming.

not supply and demand it was a novelty factor back then...now its a 'choice' than a 'statement', er...hope you now what i mean...

No it's basic economics at work here. Not as many people got them, not as much competition as far as jewelers and piercers go. When I got mine done there was only place in town to get it done, and they probably didn't have a big selection of suppliers to choose from. The demand just wasn't there yet. As it became more common there were more companies in the business, and they have to compete with one another, drives prices down.

Just like those who grew up in the roaring 20s disapproved of Elvis Presley's style of dancing in the 50s.

Just like those who grew up in the roaring 20s disapproved of Elvis Presley's style of dancing in the 50s.

I think modifying your body is a tad different from the way Elvis sang and danced on stage...and he didn't believe in tattoos or piercing either...so I guess you could say he was "old school" too....

I think modifying your body is a tad different from the way Elvis sang and danced on stage...and he didn't believe in tattoos or piercing either...so I guess you could say he was "old school" too....

Doesn't matter...each generation tend to disapprove of what the generation does after them. That's my point.

I grew up in the 80s when parents kicked us, kids, out of the house to play all day. We were taught to come back when the street lights come on.

Kids nowadays, stay glued to their computers and PS3or whatever games they are all day on a beautiful day. I disapprove so I fight with my children about playing outside inside of inside.

Damn. :lol:

I'd like to know how they "get dead". Because I'd like to avoid that myself. :giggle:

We are on our way to facing our deaths. My strands of gray hair symbolizes the end of my life.

Back