Does a 20 year old have the right to

I don't know about tattoos becoming more acceptable.. They are definitely all over on TV now which most likely affects the perspective of children. The NBA, NFL, etc never had such things in the 90's and early 00's.

People with the sistine chapel effect going on their whole body and arms are like a mysterious artwork, I can never figure out what they are trying to say.

you do see lot of women with tats many are really beautiful,Old days it looked awful see woman with one...piecing tonuge daft thing to do as it chips teeth.
If it looks ok then good..i think back to days when people got indian ink did it themselves was dreadful.

Not for everyone.

Wasn't talking about individuals, but society as a whole. Almost forgot! We had a BBQ Memorial Day weekend and the MD at the clinic has a tat on his calf/ankle as well.

even worse was doing it in the bathroom and que of other nurses doing it aswel
we got suture needle shoved curled needle straight through ear and left suture in lobe tied off for 6weeks or until could afford gold sleeper rings i cringe with mortifcation now

even worse was doing it in the bathroom and que of other nurses doing it aswel
we got suture needle shoved curled needle straight through ear and left suture in lobe tied off for 6weeks or until could afford gold sleeper rings i cringe with mortifcation now

That is how mine were pierced also. Still have my ear lobe though. They used red thick thread and you would pull the knot through the hole a few times a day.

The things we did when we were young:eek3:

My oldest boy at age 14-15 wanted to get a lip piercing with those big hoops...flatly I refused!...His best friend had one and the mother could not care less...he spent the weekend there and did it himself along with his friend helping him....when I went to get him...his lip was all swollen up and looked horrible!

He took it out not long afterwards and the scar and hole closed up...So far, no other piercings but has a few tatts....He's 21 tho'...

No tatts for me but I often kid the boys that I'm gonna get one of the Grim Reaper.....:giggle:...and a butterfly on my arse....:laugh2:

My oldest boy at age 14-15 wanted to get a lip piercing with those big hoops...flatly I refused!...His best friend had one and the mother could not care less...he spent the weekend there and did it himself along with his friend helping him....when I went to get him...his lip was all swollen up and looked horrible!

He took it out not long afterwards and the scar and hole closed up...So far, no other piercings but has a few tatts....He's 21 tho'...

No tatts for me but I often kid the boys that I'm gonna get one of the Grim Reaper.....:giggle:...and a butterfly on my arse....:laugh2:

I massaged a woman in her late 50's yesterday, she had several tats :) 2 on her back, 2 more on one shoulder, one on each ankle.

This part isn't directly for you Robin :)

Now that I'm thinking about this........in my line of work I happen to see a lot more of people than your average bear. I'm wanting to keep a tally but I'm confident in saying a good third to almost half of the people I work on have ink on them somewhere. Every single firefighter and cop (men and women) I've worked on are inked. It's not like I'm with one demographic either, I work on people anywhere from 16 to 90, men and women. This isn't something poor people that have crap jobs do either, this is massage we're talking about, it's not cheap. The place I work now their massages are covered by their insurance, they just pay the copays. Get A LOT of firemen, police officers, and teachers. Just because you can't see someones ink, and they haven't told about their tats, don't assume they don't have any. ;)

Now that I'm thinking about this........in my line of work I happen to see a lot more of people than your average bear. I'm wanting to keep a tally but I'm confident in saying a good third to almost half of the people I work on have ink on them somewhere. Every single firefighter and cop (men and women) I've worked on are inked. It's not like I'm with one demographic either, I work on people anywhere from 16 to 90, men and women. This isn't something poor people that have crap jobs do either, this is massage we're talking about, it's not cheap. The place I work now their massages are covered by their insurance, they just pay the copays. Get A LOT of firemen, police officers, and teachers. Just because you can't see someones ink, and they haven't told about their tats, don't assume they don't have any. ;)

Yup we do but always get them in a place they can be covered up on duty ... mine are usually covered unless im reaching for something you can see the tat on my upper left arm

Yup we do but always get them in a place they can be covered up on duty ... mine are usually covered unless im reaching for something you can see the tat on my upper left arm

The thing is, tattoos are very very very common, there is a shift happening., which is natural as cultures evolve. The people that are opposed to them are a dying breed....literally. As the older generation dies off I think we will see more and more acceptance of it. More changes than just tats and ink too ;)

The thing is, tattoos are very very very common, there is a shift happening., which is natural as cultures evolve. The people that are opposed to them are a dying breed....literally. As the older generation dies off I think we will see more and more acceptance of it. More changes than just tats and ink too ;)

I wouldn't count on that...it's like the celebrity marriage craz where no one wants to get married but they want the children and the right to play house. I suspect the laser removal industry is going to stay very healthy for years to come...Again, it depends where you work but in my field, no one in management has sported tattoos or facial piercings...it's a very traditional field still.

Not saying it will happen tomorrow. It's a shift, cultural evolution, which takes time. It's happening though, like I said earlier, the nurse at the ER had a tat on the back of her neck. Would that have been acceptable even 5 yeas ago? No. Just you wait, the younger generations are getting older, and the older generations are getting dead.

With mimsy her parents are Italian right? Different culture, probably hard core Catholics, which is probably why she's even asking.

With mimsy her parents are Italian right? Different culture, probably hard core Catholics, which is probably why she's even asking.

:giggle:

You went to Catholic school, right?

We had a salesman in the office that always wore long sleeve shirts. He was morbidly obese, and while showing me pictures of his family party, he did not have a shirt on, and had tatts on every square inch of his body except his hands, neck, & head. I asked him how much he spent on them...he lost count after $36K.

Almost all corporations have rules against exposed tatts on their salespeople.

:giggle:

You went to Catholic school, right?

We had a salesman in the office that always wore long sleeve shirts. He was morbidly obese, and while showing me pictures of his family party, he did not have a shirt on, and had tatts on every square inch of his body except his hands, neck, & head. I asked him how much he spent on them...he lost count after $36K.

Almost all corporations have rules against exposed tatts on their salespeople.

Oh he'll no I didn't, my parents are Mormon. That's because the culture that set those norms and rules, that's how they feel about it. Eventually another generation is going to be taking over and setting those norms and rules, and they don't care so much. Notice I'm dating eventually here lol. Eventually all gay people will be able to get married, lots of changes will happen eventually.

PFFFFBBT!!! We are the older generation now days!! LOL

There's a helluva lot people a helluva lot older than me ;) I'm older than one generation but there's still a couple ahead of me ;)

Back