Do you want to visit Russia?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Interesting.... Wow! It's expensive! In America's jean cost about 30 to 70 dollars. It depend on brand and shapes. Thank you for sharing with us. I am waiting for Authentic to answer the questions. :)

Yes, jeans cost the same prices as in America here in Germany.

Yes, we should better ask Authentic about the jeans price at present time than USSR time.

Americans tend to smile and speak to strangers. :)

Interesting, I thought we teach our children to not talk strangers to the public like what we discussed at several threads because of sex offenders, etc? :scratch:

They don't go to bars or discos.

Yes, Americans goes to bars or discos here in Europe that's how they meet and married Europeans. :)

Huh? That's just normal English (although he is fluent in Polish, too). He has a well-developed vocabulary.

well-developed vocabulary? :eek3::shock: Is the question, he asked about his parent's friend is positive and respect?

My friends also travel extensively in Europe and the United States all their lives. They minister to, and invite into their home all levels of people, of various nationalities.

Why negative questions when your friends recieved American visitors or travel everywhere often?

They too respect people and cultures. I guess maybe their kids just have a more extensive vocabulary. :dunno:

Is it positive and respect word to ask question why their parent's friends are flirting with them? Sorry, those question he asked make no sense to me... It could be that he never see anyone friendly to him in his life and think that friendly mean is flirting...? :dunno2:

Yeah I do.. One of my deaf Russian man does not want back to Russian!! :shrug:

In addition, Want visiting at Lithuanian too :D

Thanks for the recepie link! I will try go to the European grocery in my location to see if they have the caviors :)

Talk and friendly to stranger to the public??? :cold:

Well it depends, sometimes I accident to stare to other person, I tend to smile and look at different angle, so do others smile back to me. Sometimes someone tried to talk to me, but I tend to sign by pointing to my ear and shook my head to show them that I was deaf, sometimes they happened to became friendly and tried to sign based on their knowledge to me.

One time I remember the worst, when I was walking to the bus stop and a man with his girlfriend came to me and that man tried to talk to me, but his acting seems not very happy and I let him know that I was deaf, but he ignored me and still talking and lucky his girlfriend slap on him and yelled him "He's deaf!!", then they went away from me.

Some people might not be friendly, but some are. Just the people, you know :)

Thanks for the recepie link! I will try go to the European grocery in my location to see if they have the caviors :)

Good Luck :D

Well it depends, sometimes I accident to stare to other person, I tend to smile and look at different angle, so do others smile back to me. Sometimes someone tried to talk to me, but I tend to sign by pointing to my ear and shook my head to show them that I was deaf, sometimes they happened to became friendly and tried to sign based on their knowledge to me.

One time I remember the worst, when I was walking to the bus stop and a man with his girlfriend came to me and that man tried to talk to me, but his acting seems not very happy and I let him know that I was deaf, but he ignored me and still talking and lucky his girlfriend slap on him and yelled him "He's deaf!!", then they went away from me.

Some people might not be friendly, but some are. Just the people, you know :)

Yes, same here in EU countries as well... sometimes they are friendly and interesting... when they look at us... or bump them accident... said sorry... friendly smile...

Interesting, I thought we teach our children to not talk strangers to the public like what we discussed at several threads because of sex offenders, etc? :scratch:
I wasn't talking about children alone with strangers. I'm talking about adults, or adults with their children. Like I said, Americans tend to smile and talk to strangers in public.

Yes, Americans goes to bars or discos here in Europe that's how they meet and married Europeans. :)
The family that I was talking about do not go to bars or discos. They are a married Christian missionary couple with children.

well-developed vocabulary? :eek3::shock: Is the question, he asked about his parent's friend is positive and respect?
He was asking about the strangers that he saw in the airport when they arrived in the USA. There was nothing disrespectful about it.

Why negative questions when your friends recieved American visitors or travel everywhere often?
What negative questions?

Is it positive and respect word to ask question why their parent's friends are flirting with them? Sorry, those question he asked make no sense to me... It could be that he never see anyone friendly to him in his life and think that friendly mean is flirting...? :dunno2:
I thought that I explained the situation. The boy, who was born and raised in Poland, was used to European people who don't smile at strangers. In his culture, people usually smile at strangers only for a flirtatious reason. When he arrived in America, he noticed that strangers smiled at him and his family. He asked his parents why because he was puzzled; it didn't make sense to him. He was an observant little boy who noticed that Americans are more outgoing and friendly than Europeans.

Of course he met lots of friendly people. He just wasn't used to friendly strangers.

Hey Liebling, I have a question about Russia country is the largest in the world. I am wonder why is the country is so largest more than other countries in the world?

I notice the Russian people do kiss each other. I thought the couple were lesbian or gay. But it not. Because it's Russian's culture like to give a kiss and hugs. It unlike in American's. Our American's culture to give a hugs and handshake.

I have a friend who was from in Germany. She gave me kiss on each of cheek like a hug. I have to respect it's Germany's culture. Even European too.

I wasn't talking about children alone with strangers. I'm talking about adults, or adults with their children. Like I said, Americans tend to smile and talk to strangers in public.

But you it's not just children but adult as well... the stranger can hurt to...

The family that I was talking about do not go to bars or discos. They are a married Christian missionary couple with children.

Okay, you talked about your friends and I talked about general like what I know many people and US co-workers...

He was asking about the strangers that he saw in the airport when they arrived in the USA. There was nothing disrespectful about it.

:confused: at first you said at your early post... "When our friends came to America recently for a visit, their oldest son (about 8 years old) asked his parents, "Why are all these people flirting with us?" He just couldn't understand American friendliness." that's why I questioned you about.... because I thought it's boys' parent's friends, he referred to, not stranger. Now you said that boy saw in the airport...

What negative questions?

I thought you said about boy's parent's friends, boy referred to as "flirting......." which is not nice until you said that the strangers in the airport, boy referred to, not his parent's friends.

I thought that I explained the situation. The boy, who was born and raised in Poland, was used to European people who don't smile at strangers. In his culture, people usually smile at strangers only for a flirtatious reason. When he arrived in America, he noticed that strangers smiled at him and his family. He asked his parents why because he was puzzled; it didn't make sense to him. He was an observant little boy who noticed that Americans are more outgoing and friendly than Europeans.

I see no problem with that but I only question you and let you know what I know that many children same at his age, don't confused "friendly" with "flirting"... because small children don't know what the word "flirt" is about, that's all. They only know is "friendly", "nice" or "lovely" people... positive things like that... The many children aware that they don't talk to the stranger unless their parents are around to talk to the strangers (like at shop, resturant, ask for direction, etc).

Of course he met lots of friendly people. He just wasn't used to friendly strangers.

Yes I understand.

Hey Liebling, I have a question about Russia country is the largest in the world. I am wonder why is the country is so largest more than other countries in the world?

This link explain better than me... It's interesting to read...

Russia - MSN Encarta

I notice the Russian people do kiss each other. I thought the couple were lesbian or gay. But it not. Because it's Russian's culture like to give a kiss and hugs. It unlike in American's. Our American's culture to give a hugs and handshake.

I have a friend who was from in Germany. She gave me kiss on each of cheek like a hug. I have to respect it's Germany's culture. Even European too.

:lol: I understand how you reacts over difference culture... like what I created a thread to question Americans like that...

http://www.alldeaf.com/our-world-our-culture/38721-question-between-european-world-culture.html

I just remember what happeend last year, my German friend kiss US solider on his both cheek. US wife got red and think my German friend and US solider are lover and think my friend tried to steal her husband away from her. It took her time to convince that it's not what she think... *phew*...

But you it's not just children but adult as well... the stranger can hurt to...
I guess in America we aren't so paranoid about strangers. Most "strangers" are just normal people to whom we haven't yet been introduced.

Especially in the South, almost everyone smiles and says "hey" in passing. :)

Last night, on our way home from church, Hubby and I were in Walmart buying our peanut oil for Thanksgiving. A middle-aged Lowcountry black man started chatting with us about deep frying turkey, oil prices, etc. We had a very pleasant chat with him, a "stranger."

Same thing happens when we wait in lines, ride buses, shop, whatever, we chat with "strangers."

When I work on campus, I greet lots of people, staff, students, vendors, restroom cleaners, yard workers, etc. Many "strangers" come up to me and ask for directions (for some reason, I must look like I know where I'm going).

In this area, it's considered rude not to at least smile at people passing by.

Okay, you talked about your friends and I talked about general like what I know many people and US co-workers...
Yes, I was talking about my missionary friends, so I don't know why you made the direct reference.

:confused: at first you said at your early post... "When our friends came to America recently for a visit, their oldest son (about 8 years old) asked his parents, "Why are all these people flirting with us?" He just couldn't understand American friendliness." that's why I questioned you about.... because I thought it's boys' parent's friends, he referred to, not stranger. Now you said that boy saw in the airport...
When they first came to America, they landed at the airport. That's how they arrived. Either way, the boy noticed many Americans whom he didn't know ("strangers") smiling at him and his family.

I thought you said about boy's parent's friends, boy referred to as "flirting......." which is not nice until you said that the strangers in the airport, boy referred to, not his parent's friends.
He wasn't saying it to be rude; it was a natural question.

I see no problem with that but I only question you and let you know what I know that many children same at his age, don't confused "friendly" with "flirting"... because small children don't know what the word "flirt" is about, that's all. They only know is "friendly", "nice" or "lovely" people... positive things like that... The many children aware that they don't talk to the stranger unless their parents are around to talk to the strangers (like at shop, resturant, ask for direction, etc).
Hmm, that's very conflicting information. If the children that you know only know "friendly", "nice" or "lovely" people, then why are they afraid to talk to strangers?

Maybe they aren't confused about "friendly" and "flirting" because they never see friendly smiles from strangers in their community. They might be confused if they come to America. :dunno:

BTW, that wasn't the first time I heard about the difference between Europeans and Americans. That's just one example.

I guess in America we aren't so paranoid about strangers. Most "strangers" are just normal people to whom we haven't yet been introduced.

We discussed in several threads in the past... You can't have both way.

Yes, same here in Germany... in village where we live and town few miles away from villiage, we know many people in the public... We say each other... Good morning, Good afternoon, Good day, Good evening.... and stop for short chat...

Last night, on our way home from church, Hubby and I were in Walmart buying our peanut oil for Thanksgiving. A middle-aged Lowcountry black man started chatting with us about deep frying turkey, oil prices, etc. We had a very pleasant chat with him, a "stranger."

Yes, we met same people every Saturday at shopping mall... we chatted like that... something like that... I spot something in their shopping chart... and ask them where they get it from... They gave us direction where I can find... it's normal and friendly talk...

Same thing happens when we wait in lines, ride buses, shop, whatever, we chat with "strangers."

Yes, us too because we know them everyday...

When I work on campus, I greet lots of people, staff, students, vendors, restroom cleaners, yard workers, etc. Many "strangers" come up to me and ask for directions (for some reason, I must look like I know where I'm going).

Same as above...

We don't have to force to smile to strangers from different cities, we don't know them... They would think we are :crazy: when we :) or :D to them because we never know them in our life before from different cities, we visit to...

Hmm, that's very conflicting information. If the children that you know only know "friendly", "nice" or "lovely" people, then why are they afraid to talk to strangers?

Interesting, you twisted my post when you know we discussed several threads how to protect the children from talk to strangers in the public and talk to the "strangers" when the parents are around etc... The "strangers" or my old friends etc, the we talk to, they are friendly to my boys... that's how my boys said positive about them... my boys never said such thing like that "they are flirting with me.." but friendly, lovely or nice people...

You can't have both way...

Maybe they aren't confused about "friendly" and "flirting" because they never see friendly smiles from strangers in their community. They might be confused if they come to America. :dunno:

BTW, that wasn't the first time I heard about the difference between Europeans and Americans. That's just one example.

Okay :)

Yes, I was talking about my missionary friends, so I don't know why you made the direct reference.

When they first came to America, they landed at the airport. That's how they arrived. Either way, the boy noticed many Americans whom he didn't know ("strangers") smiling at him and his family.

He wasn't saying it to be rude; it was a natural question.

I had discussed with some of my families, they said it's true about Americans love to smile and chat with strangers, for me, If I'm hearing then I wouldn't mind about talk to strangers, if I'm deaf then too difficult for me to make communicate but able to say smile and wave, except for write and pen, however I could communicate so easier with deaf strangers.

Liebling, we aren't child, we are adult and we have common sense, not all strangers are criminal offender or whatever.

Liebling, we aren't child, we are adult and we have common sense, not all strangers are criminal offender or whatever.

Did I say all strangers are criminal offender?

You don't get what I am trying to say...

Never mind..

Oh yes, I forget to mention about my visit experience in USA last year.

The people are everywhere to the public in USA is normal and same as here in Germany... I do not see anything that they :) or :D to me... it's not "unfriendly" what you think but it's normal... I went for a walk in early morning... I passed the people who lives neighborhood... they said "Good morning" with friendly smile to me... I said back to them and walk... it's normal like I did here in Germany and Europe countries... I do not see the difference... :dunno:

At US airport, I beleive I told you the story about my experience at US Airport in my thread last year is terrible one... which I never got any experience in my life when I stopped many airport in the past...

I had discussed with some of my families, they said it's true about Americans love to smile and chat with strangers, for me, If I'm hearing then I wouldn't mind about talk to strangers, if I'm deaf then too difficult for me to make communicate but able to say smile and wave, except for write and pen, however I could communicate so easier with deaf strangers....
I know it's not always easy for deaf people to start conversations with strangers. It's not always necessary to chat with everyone you meet but like you posted, a smile and a wave are enough to show friendliness. :) I have deaf friends who greet strangers all the time, and they make eye contact, smile, wave, or nod the head.

We discussed in several threads in the past... You can't have both way.
:confused:

Yes, same here in Germany... in village where we live and town few miles away from villiage, we know many people in the public... We say each other... Good morning, Good afternoon, Good day, Good evening.... and stop for short chat...
They are strangers?

Yes, we met same people every Saturday at shopping mall... we chatted like that... something like that... I spot something in their shopping chart... and ask them where they get it from... They gave us direction where I can find... it's normal and friendly talk...
If you meet them every Saturday, then they aren't strangers. I'm talking about people we have never met before.

Yes, us too because we know them everyday...
I'm talking about people we have never met before.

Same as above...
I'm talking about people that I don't know.

We don't have to force to smile to strangers from different cities, we don't know them... They would think we are :crazy: when we :) or :D to them because we never know them in our life before from different cities, we visit to...
We don't force our smiles either. We like people, and want them to feel acknowledged and comfortable--it's natural and polite. If strangers smile at us, we don't think they're crazy.

Interesting, you twisted my post when you know we discussed several threads how to protect the children from talk to strangers in the public and talk to the "strangers" when the parents are around etc...The "strangers" or my old friends etc, the we talk to, they are friendly to my boys... that's how my boys said positive about them... my boys never said such thing like that "they are flirting with me.." but friendly, lovely or nice people...

You can't have both way...
So if your family is walking down the street in a strange town, and all the people that you've never met before smile at you and/or greet you while passing by, that is normal for you? I just want to be sure that I understand you correctly.

Yup, I understand that you were confused at Liebling, it happen to me too.

I'm not interested in debate about talk to strangers, that what Liebling want for all way.

Don´t pretend that you don´t remember or :confused:... If you don´t remember that you can search your posts yourself to fresh your memory what we discuss at several threads in the past how to talk stranger, etc. and protect children from look up the adult etc... Several threads for several years until last summer.

They are strangers?

Yes, I would say yes because I don´t know them but they are same people, I see and make short chat often or everyday in the public because the town where I live is small and the villiage where I live is not strangers but neighborhood.

If you meet them every Saturday, then they aren't strangers.

To me, they are "strangers" because I don´t know what kind of life they lead to and what they doing at their private... we are not friends but I only know them from the public, I see every saturday.

I'm talking about people that I don't know.

You should say this at several threads in the past. It would confused the children when they look up their parents´ role for to know it´s okay to chat with strangers, they never meet before because the parents teach their children to not talk with strangers... It would make children :scratch:

That´s why we european acts like that because we want our children look up our role.

We don't force our smiles either. We like people, and want them to feel acknowledged and comfortable--it's natural and polite. If strangers smile at us, we don't think they're crazy.

This is your opinion. I don´t :) or :D to strangers down the street, I never see before. I was being taught to not do that.

So if your family is walking down the street in a strange town, and all the people that you've never met before smile at you and/or greet you while passing by, that is normal for you? I just want to be sure that I understand you correctly.

It´s not normal to me... :crazy: If you do like that, then the children will look up at you... and would do the same.... You know there´re some bad strangers, we as children or adult thought they are friendly...

But the resturant owners or any business shop owners greet or smile at us friendly when they stand outside of their resturant and shops. We smile friendly back to them... They try to get us go in and buy something from them... It´s normal...

Yup, I understand that you were confused at Liebling, it happen to me too.

I'm not interested in debate about talk to strangers, that what Liebling want for all way.

I notice that you misunderstand ADers´ posts more and more...

No, Reba know very well what I am talking about because I remember our discussion about bad and good strangers everywhere and how to protect the children... also adult as well in several threads until last summer 2008. Now she said different here and find okay to smile and talk to strangers, she never see before.

We (Europeans) were being taught to not talk the strangers down the street, we never see and met. We also were being taught to aware that there´re many good and bad strangers everywhere... unless we are in or out of resturants or shop owners to talk "strangers".

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back