Do You Want To Protect Yourself From Attack?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Since you too seem to be a person who needs their hand held and lead them through this, I will do what is needed. As to untruths I have already posted them several times and you seem to have a vision problem that keeps you from being able to read them. So I will repeat a couple of them one last time: first according to the Orlando chief of police: there was one off duty cop and he engaged Mateen, two, there were no metal detectors at the door, third, the other security at the Pulse were unarmed.

What I have said is that every soft targets should have metal detectors at the doors and armed security or off duty cops at the doors.

Yes, your right on this one. I have said the best thing to do is catch them at the door and you have said time and again the metal detectors at the door didn't work and you need armed civilians inside to engage the shooter. I actually think arming the security at the Pulse would of perhaps sent Mateen to a different venue. Witnesses at the Pulse said there were a lot of security on the floor.

I read english just fine. Have been doing it since first grade.

Here is a copy of one of your post:

Here is my statement:

Make it like airport security and have armed guards or off duty cops at all entrances and all patrons have to pass through metal detectors before entering. I would not want to be someplace with many, many people with guns when one person starts shooting and everyone else opens up. There would probably be a lot of collateral damage by these "good samaritans."

Here is your reply:

if you want that there is always a place in the pen for you..

why anyone living in a free society would want to turn into what you describe is beyond me...

i guess
fear does that to someone

rather then defend yourself, its

put everyone under armed guard
nuts

..."sign will s

sure

You too seem to have problems understanding english. I will clarify, try reading real slow and you might just get it this time. I will capitalize my responses to hopefully make it easier for you.

if not at the door where would you have them put? down the street?

WHEN I FIRST BROUGHT UP MAKING IT LIKE AIRPORT SECURITY AND HAVE METAL DETECTORS AT ALL ENTRANCES AND HAVE ARMED GUARDS OR OFF DUTY COPS AT THE DOORS, YOU JUMPED ALL OVER IT AND SAID YOU DIDN'T WANT TO LIVE IN A WORLD LIKE THAT
YOUR RESPONSE; if you want that there is always a place in the pen for you..

why anyone living in a free society would want to turn into what you describe is beyond me...

indeed.
and would those stop a gunmen who just blasted his way past a cop?

THAT IS WHY YOU HAVE ARMED SECURITY INSIDE. THE PULSE HAD PLENTY OF SECURITY ON THE DANCE FLOOR, BUT NONE WERE ARMED!

you consider airports soft targets?
the last one i went through was prety well armed...

I NEVER SAID THAT AND YOU ARE JUST USING YOUR DEFLECT JARGON AGAIN TO TRY AND MAKE IT SOUND AS THOUGH I SAID THAT, THIS IS WHAT MAKES ME BELIEVE YOU HAVE A READING PROBLEM.

yep i stated such...(picks nose flings bugger at your face..)

PROVE THAT I SAID AIRPORTS WERE SOFT TARGETS! DIPPY, WHY DO YOU THINK THE FEDERAL GOVERNMENT REQUIRED METAL DETECTORS AT AIRPORTS? AFTER ORLANDO THEY WILL OR THE STATES WILL PROBABLY REQUIRE THEM AT ALL CLUBS IN THE NEAR FUTURE. TIP: BUY STOCK IN COMPANIES THAT MAKE METAL DETECTORS.

how will you defend yourself while being unarmed?
against an armed dedicated attacker?

HOPEFULLY THE US WILL NOT GET TO THAT POINT, I DON'T WANT TO LIVE IN A WORLD WHERE YOU HAVE TO BE ARMED BECAUSE THE VENUE CAN'T BE MADE SAFE BEFORE YOU GET INSIDE. I AM ALSO ALL FOR BOMBING THE TERRORIST ORGANIZATIONS BACK INTO THE STONE AGE, READ BETWEEN THE LINES ON THAT ONE!

Isn't having all your patrons packing heat also nuts? Stop them outside and you have defused the situation before it starts.

Oh wow, that's awful and some states have same issues.

For US military, if you work for 20 years so you can retire with 50% of pay base, but I need Reba to confirm if it is correct.
At the time that TCS and I retired, that was correct. Twenty years minimum for 50% base pay for retired active duty, and then pro-rated up to 30 years, which was capped at 75%.

It's changing now. I don't fully understand all the changes. For a short period, current members can opt for the current program (grandfathered in) or the new program. New members have to accept the new program, which will be more like a contributory 401k (from my understanding in chatting with friends currently on active duty). Even they didn't have a clear understanding of the changes.

Yes,THERE WAS ONE and he traded fire with the shooter, but according to the Orlando chief of police, the other security people at the Pulse were unarmed. THERE WERE NO METAL DETECTORS AT THE DOORS, Since you seem to have gotten your facts mixed up I capitalized it so you might finally get it thru your head.
What difference would a metal detector at the door make?

If anything, that would have benefited the club patrons not to have a metal detector. That way, some of them could have concealed carry in their guns for self defense.

A metal detector only detects; it doesn't stop anyone from blasting their way thru the door.

As I said: I have gone back and posted what you have said in past replies and shown it wasn't slander. You can't slander someone when you post what they have written.

what you stated is NOT what i have written.

Let me clarify (since I'm the OP).

This isn't supposed to be strictly a gun control thread.

This is about self defense.

In the Pulse event, that includes club guests and staff teaming up together to physically taking down the shooter. The shooter was on15-16 phone calls, one lasting 16 minutes, and posting on Facebook. He also spent time washing his hands in the restroom and talking to one of the surviving victims. He also laid down on the floor with the victims to hide. He had to change out magazines several times. There were opportunities. Risky? Yes, of course. But if you know you're probably going to die anyway, it's a chance worth taking.

For those people who can't or won't carry a gun, there are other things one can do for self defense.

Stay as healthy and fit as possible.
Learn self defense techniques.
Stay aware of your surroundings--do you even know where all the exits are located?
Know the laws of your state and the policies of the establishment you're visiting, and how to use them to your benefit.
Carry pepper spray, knives, canes or other means for self defense.
Mentally review scenarios.

The main thing is mind set. Be mentally willing to do whatever it takes to survive. Make that decision before something happens.

If anything, that would have benefited the club patrons not to have a metal detector. That way, some of them could have concealed carry in their guns for self defense.

A metal detector only detects; it doesn't stop anyone from blasting their way thru the door.

AND THAT'S WHY YOU ALSO HAVE ARMED GUARDS AT THE DOORS! MORE THAT ONE! PERHAPS WE CAN MAKE THESE LOCATIONS LIKE A PRISON CAMP AND HAVE GUARDS IN TOWERS WITH MACHINE GUNS TO STOP THEM AT THE DOOR. THE NRA HAS GOT US IN THIS SITUATION AND NOW WE ARE GOING TO HAVE TO LIVE WITH IT! IT'S FUNNY HOW 55% OF AMERICANS WANT STRICTER GUN CONTROL, YET CONGRESS AND THE NRA CAN'T COME TOGETHER AND COME UP WITH SOMETHING THAT WORKS.

Well we know one thing for sure: the lack of metal detectors allowed one person to BRING IN A GUN! and a rather large one. Basically it boils down to the fact that the security at the Pulse was a joke!

Isn't having all your patrons packing heat also nuts? Stop them outside and you have defused the situation before it starts.
How do you defuse the situation when someone walks right up to the door with guns blazing? Most likely the shooter will aim for the uniformed guards first (who don't even get a chance to unsnap their holsters), then stroll right into the building unimpeded.

Even if the law allowed it, there's never going to be a venue where all the patrons are armed. That's not real life.

HOPEFULLY THE US WILL NOT GET TO THAT POINT, I DON'T WANT TO LIVE IN A WORLD WHERE YOU HAVE TO BE ARMED BECAUSE THE VENUE CAN'T BE MADE SAFE BEFORE YOU GET INSIDE. I AM ALSO ALL FOR BOMBING THE TERRORIST ORGANIZATIONS BACK INTO THE STONE AGE, READ BETWEEN THE LINES ON THAT ONE!

why are you yelling?

Well we know one thing for sure: the lack of metal detectors allowed one person to BRING IN A GUN! and a rather large one. Basically it boils down to the fact that the security at the Pulse was a joke!
No, we don't know that for sure. A metal detector isn't necessary to know someone is shooting a rifle at the front entrance. Duh! The shooter starts shooting before going thru a detector when there is one present.

its not nuts at all.

if someone targets that joint, he may get some or so,,,he wont get 50...

can you not see why?

besides.
the likelihood of someone targeting an armed to the teeth joint is rather small wouldn't you think?

prevention goes along way
and the best way is to have an armed known deterrent

being sitting ducks does no one any favours besides the kill
as orlando clearly demonstrate

NO
it wasn't the lack of metal detectors that allowed the killer to enter the club..
damn...

you really cant see it can you?

what allowed the killer to get into the club was the fact he blasted his way past a cop who engaged him..
in other words.
bullets being fired from his weapon got him in..

you could have all the metal detectors in the world it wont matter when

1 the killer is shooting
2 your a sitting duck

NO
it wasn't the lack of metal detectors that allowed the killer to enter the club..
damn...

SO WHAT EXACTLY ALLOWED THE KILLER TO ENTER THE CLUB? TALKING IN RIDDLES AGAIN, I SEE!

you really cant see it can you?

NO, I GUESS I CAN'T BUT I HOPE YOU CAN FINALLY LET THIS ONE OUT OF THE BAG!

what allowed the killer to get into the club was the fact he blasted his way past a cop who engaged him..
in other words.
bullets being fired from his weapon got him in..

DO YOU THINK THAT ONE OFFICER WITH A HANDGUN HAD A CHANCE AGAINST MATEEN ARMED WITH AN ASSAULT RIFLE WITH A HIGH CAPACITY MAGAZINE. NOTHING WAS IN PLACE TO STOP THIS GUY AND ONE ARMED OFF DUTY POLICEMAN WASN'T GOING TO DO IT.

you could have all the metal detectors in the world it wont matter when

1 the killer is shooting
2 your a sitting duck

AND THAT IS WHY YOU NEED TO MAKE THE CLUB HARDER TO GET INTO. INSTALL MULTIPLE ENTRANCES THAT CAN BE LOCKED DOWN WITH A PUSH OF A BUTTON, YOU HAVE TO HAVE LAYERS OF DEFENSE. ONCE HE GETS INSIDE, YOU HAVE LOST THE WAR!

Ok this is getting argumentative here...

If you want to protect yourself from such attacks is to be vigilant and be aware of surroundings... report suspicious activity to the authorities.

It's not just about assault weapons (rifles, guns). There is still plenty of weapons criminals and terrorists can use that can cause mass casualties.

Pressure cooker bombs with shrapnels (nails, broken glass) (Boston bombing was the example)
Bombs including suicide bomber(s)
Vehicles such as planes, autos
trapping groups of people and setting on fire

I could go on.... banning assault weapons will not stop them because they will find another way. It's the evil things in human being's minds that do mass killings and they use weapons as a tool, if they can't get hands on assault weapons (guns), they will figure out another way because they find loopholes. Terrorists do their homework just like 9/11, Orlando, Oklahoma City.... so on.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back