Do You Want To Protect Yourself From Attack?

Status
Not open for further replies.
. . . The best evidence I can give regarding a mass shooting that led to swift action by the government was in Australia. "Australia had a spate of mass public shooting in the 1980s and '90s, culminating in 1996, when Martin Bryant opened fire at the Port Arthur Historical Site in Tasmania with an AR-15 assault rifle, killing 35 people.Within two weeks the government had enacted strict gun control laws that included a ban on semiautomatic rifles. THERE HAS NOT BEEN A MASS SHOOTING IN AUSTRALIA SINCE."
No Mass Shootings: The Myth of Australia’s Gun Control Policy

https://caffeinatedthoughts.com/2016/06/no-mass-shootings-the-myth-of-australia-gun-control-policy/

and how did that work in orlando again?

TRY READING ABOUT WHAT ACTUALLY HAPPENED IN ORLANDO INSTEAD OF MAKING UP THIS FICTION OF WHAT YOU THINK HAPPENED TO FIT THIS LOAD YOUR PEDDLING! again with the slander!!
i want people to be able to defend themselves where ever they are. be that inside or out.
read into that what ever you like

What slander? It's just more double talk on your part. You say you want dialog and then you give this which is just a rehash of all your previous posts on the subject.

I'm talking about state legislature, not the Congress.

If republican is representing in your district so it will be no gun control laws because you should know that most republicans oppose to gun control laws.

You have no problem to have anti-gay, pro-gun republican in your area?

I live in CA, all of our legislatures are bought and paid for by the unions and special interests. The state has been run by Democrats for 60 years and all they have done is ruin what was once a great place to live and bankrupt the state! I haven't voted for any of them in years either.

What slander? It's just more double talk on your part. You say you want dialog and then you give this which is just a rehash of all your previous posts on the subject.

this slander

and you want him to enter the site and then try and stop him/her after they have begun to shoot people.

in what shape way or form did i ever state such or imply such. you stating i did is a falsehood, and falls under slander.

if you cannot engage and argue my ideas as i state them,
just dont reply
thank you

and so that there is no misunderstanding nor further accusation of double talk her is what i want.

i want people to be able to defend themselves where ever they are. be that inside or out.

Last edited:
Did you read the article? None of their mass killings were done with a firearm: one was with a knife, one was with fire and another with a hammer and the most killed was 11 which is a far cry from 49 with 53 wounded using an assault weapon.
Did you read it?

"In 2011, there was a mass shooting in Hectorville. In 2014, one in Hunt, and again in 2014 one in Wedderburn (which was a 4 hour siege of a neighborhood)."

I live in CA, all of our legislatures are bought and paid for by the unions and special interests. The state has been run by Democrats for 60 years and all they have done is ruin what was once a great place to live and bankrupt the state! I haven't voted for any of them in years either.

Oh wow, you are really bizarre person.

I'm sure that you grew up in special education at crappy public school so you can say thanks to Reagan for excellent education.

but... it is alright and I could fix you to make less bizarre. :lol:

Did you read it?

"In 2011, there was a mass shooting in Hectorville. In 2014, one in Hunt, and again in 2014 one in Wedderburn (which was a 4 hour siege of a neighborhood)."

She/he may have a problem with reading comprehension. :dunno:

Oh wow, you are really bizarre person.

I'm sure that you grew up in special education at crappy public school so you can say thanks to Reagan for excellent education.

but... it is alright and I could fix you to make less bizarre. :lol:
Have you ever lived in CA? You would see what I mean if you lived here. I was never in special ed, but I did teach it.

Have you ever lived in CA? You would see what I mean if you lived here. I was never in special ed, but I did teach it.

No, you will hate Alabama very much - our state is on top 10 for most corruption, but California isn't one of them.

I know that NoCal has excellent deafblind communities.

You should be more happy because CA legislature passed more gun control laws.

She/he may have a problem with reading comprehension. :dunno:

A mass shooting is defined in the U.S. as four or more being killed minus the shooter. In other countries it is five or more.
Did you read it?

I stand corrected. How many were dead and how many wounded. Also what kind of weapon was used in the three killings? I'll help you out, first the Hectorville shooting happened in 2011, and involved a shotgun. The aftermath: three dead, two wounded. The Hunt shooting: Geoffrey Hunt was depressed after his wife suffered a severe brain injury in an accident. On Sept 9, 2014, Hunt shot his wife and then his three children while they slept, then he turned the gun on himself. Afermath: all five dead, weapon used: handgun. Wedderburn siege: three people from the same family were shot by a 63 year old man after a neighborhood dispute. aftermath: three dead, shooter arrested. gun used handgun. No assault weapons were used and yes they were mass shootings in that more than one person was killed, but they pale in comparison to what is going on in the U.S. about every other month. As I said earlier the other killings involved a knife, another by fire and the third a hammer. The gun control measure in Australia is working: their has not been a large mass shooting using an assault weapon since 1996. In the U.S. the shootings that the author of the article is using to make his point that gun control doesn't work would make the six O clock news, but probably wouldn't be mentioned on the news at 11. Here we are a week after Orlando and they had stories on the 6 and 11 O clock news in CA about it.

Last edited:
No, you will hate Alabama very much - our state is on top 10 for most corruption, but California isn't one of them.

I know that NoCal has excellent deafblind communities.

You should be more happy because CA legislature passed more gun control laws.
That's about the only thing they did. Because of the public pension mess, we will probably be driving on gravel roads in a few years because they are taking the gas tax money and putting it in the general fund to pay salaries and underfunded pensions.

That's about the only thing they did. Because of the public pension mess, we will probably be driving on gravel roads in a few years because they are taking the gas tax money and putting it in the general fund to pay salaries and underfunded pensions.

Well, it won't make better if you are moving to Alabama, but I think it will better for you to rent a room at Stein's house, again... but... Georgia isn't great.

I thought that CA governor fixed the budget deficit.

this slander

Reread your posts and see if I am not correct. pay attention to #13, 18, 19,40 and #47. Look at 19 if you want to see slander!

in shape way or form did i ever state such nor imply such. you stating i did is a falsehood, and falls under slander.

Check your previous posts, it's all there.

if you cannot engage and argue my ideas as i state them,
just dont reply
thank you

and so that there is no misunderstanding nor further accusation of double talk her is what i want. [Who is her?]

this slander

Speak in a clear and understanding manner and use facts, not falsehoods to base your arguments as you did in post #13, 40 and 47.

Well, it won't make better if you are moving to Alabama, but I think it will better for you to rent a room at Stein's house, again... but... Georgia isn't great.

I thought that CA governor fixed the budget deficit.

I would never move to Alabama or Georgia, sorry. Oh, he fixed the budget mess, but most of it won't take effect until the current employees of the state die in 30 or 40 years. We still have all of the public pensions underfunded by billions of dollars, some in the hundreds of billions. The state is in effect bankrupt.

I would never move to Alabama or Georgia, sorry. Oh, he fixed the budget mess, but most of it won't take effect until the current employees of the state die in 30 or 40 years. We still have all of the public pensions underfunded by billions of dollars, some in the hundreds of billions. The state is in effect bankrupt.

Are you oppose to public pensions?

A mass shooting is defined in the U.S. as four or more being killed minus the shooter. In other countries it is five or more.

I stand corrected. How many were dead and how many wounded. Also what kind of weapon was used in the three killings? I'll help you out, first the Hectorville shooting happened in 2011, and involved a shotgun. The aftermath: three dead, two wounded. The Hunt shooting: Geoffrey Hunt was depressed after his wife suffered a severe brain injury in an accident. On Sept 9, 2014, Hunt shot his wife and then his three children while they slept, then he turned the gun on himself. Afermath: all five dead, weapon used: handgun. Wedderburn siege: three people from the same family were shot by a 63 year old man after a neighborhood dispute. aftermath: three dead, shooter arrested. gun used handgun. No assault weapons were used and yes they were mass shootings in that more than one person was killed, but they pale in comparison to what is going on in the U.S. about every other month. As I said earlier the other killings involved a knife, another by fire and the third a hammer. The gun control measure in Australia is working: their has not been a large mass shooting using an assault weapon since 1996. In the U.S. the shootings that the author of the article is using to make his point that gun control doesn't work would make the six O clock news, but probably wouldn't be mentioned on the news at 11. Here we are a week after Orlando and they had stories on the 6 and 11 O clock news in CA about it.
Which proves the point that banning "assault weapons" won't stop the killings.

Speak in a clear and understanding manner and use facts,

im curious what is unclear for you in these statements?

1). you are always where ever you are.
2) your lifes in your hands, no one elses
3) the police are always minutes away when seconds count. each second is someone getting shot. or stabbed, or raped or (you choose favorite bad end)
4) the best defense against being defenseless is to be offensive, (your dead anyway...go for it)
6) arm yourself, and know how and when to use it

and this

now
im well aware english is obviously not you first language...and i know how proficient in sign you are...but

oh
and
thank you

not falsehoods to base your arguments as you did in post #13, 40 and 47.
for someone who excels at slander such as yourself its rather rich for you to lash out at falsehoods...
nonetheless.

which falsehoods have i posted?

was there not an armed police officer present in orlando at pulse nightclub?
did this police officer engage the gunman in a firefight?

did the metal detectors present at the club stop the gunman from entering?

those are questions of course for you to answer

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back