Do You Want To Protect Yourself From Attack?

Status
Not open for further replies.
I surely wish everyone in that club had a weapon. And, of course, the associated training to use it properly. I live in Illinois (USA) which only recently has stopped trampling on my rights. I am licensed to carry a gun in 31 states. I take it as an awesome responsibility. The most arduous gun control in America is probably in Chicago. Pick a weekend and 50 people will be/ have been shot. 8 or 10 will die. Do you think these people will abide by gun control laws. THAT takes a special kind of stupid!!

I live in America NOT Scotland. BECAUSE of the opppresion of Great Britain WE THE PEOPLE wrote and live by our Constitution. Yet, when an incident like Orlando occurs gun control advocates immediately propose legislating MY freedom. I break NO laws!! Y'all really are less than bright!!! It's really stunning!!

You so flippantly state there should be "armed guards" at all these venues. Drink prices are about to sky rocket!!! lol

There are millions of people like me who own "guns" ... pistols and rifles and carbines and auto-loaders. And, I always lover the ever-present "assault rifle" moniker!! AR stands for Armalite by the way. The initial design, along with Colt of the M-16. I was issued one for 4 years. Along with a full auto M-14.

If we millions were dangerous.... YOU'D KNOW IT!!!

Also, I love how some people, presumably those who have never been shot at or in combat, have the audacity to assume that everyone of the people in that club, if armed, would start spraying the room with lead. You watch waaaaay too many movies!!!

right
and the msm is called the ministry of truth...

and im a 300 lb lesbian african american midget....
now
back to reality...
So, since you seem to be the know it all on all deaf when exactly did I say that all guns should be banned? I will help you out, I never did!

Last edited:
and how did that protection under the guy with training, the cop, help in orlando?

seconds here count, each second your on the floor helpless as he picks you off, the cops or who ever are trying to get to you....the operative word is try.
you are already there.
And how come you want the shooter to even get to the dance floor? The place to stop them is before they get inside. Yes, every second counts and since you haven't stopped them at the door, you are going to have a lot of dead and wounded people wherever the shooting is taking place before the person with the gun is able to take the shooter out. It's kinda like saying we will take the hijackers of 9/11 out once they are on the plane and in the air.

In CA you have to have a specific number of security or off duty police officers per number or expected number of patrons at clubs and events. I don't know what the actual number is, but I'm sure it's more than one.
Let me know when you find out.

Make it like airport security and have armed guards or off duty cops at all entrances and all patrons have to pass through metal detectors before entering. I would not want to be someplace with many, many people with guns when one person starts shooting and everyone else opens up. There would probably be a lot of collateral damage by these "good samaritans."
You would rather be in a place where you have no hope of escaping alive?

"Collateral damage" can, and does, happen with professional security friendly fire, too.

So, since you seem to be the no it all on all deaf when exactly did I say that all guns should be banned? I will help you out, I never did!

thats what you imply to me anyway re your emotion drivin arguments..

And how come you want the shooter to even get to the dance floor? The place to stop them is before they get inside. Yes, every second counts and since you haven't stopped them at the door, you are going to have a lot of dead and wounded people wherever the shooting is taking place before the person with the gun is able to take the shooter out. It's kinda like saying we will take the hijackers of 9/11 out once they are on the plane and in the air.

its just a numbers game man.
look
you have one bad dude killing people,
you are there (bad luck)
the cops are

who knows,,

would you not want someone else there, with you or you yourself to be armed?
or
do you really want to be slaughtered hoping those cops in who knows will finally safe you?

im having a hard time understanding why anyone would choose the
get slaughtered option..

so

pls convince me

You would rather be in a place where you have no hope of escaping alive?

"Collateral damage" can, and does, happen with professional security friendly fire, too.
No, I want to stop them before they get inside. It makes no sense to let them get by the entrance and into the site(school, dance floor, etc.) stop them at the entrance and you stand the best chance of limiting casualties. Once they are inside, all bets are off!

its just a numbers game man.
look
you have one bad dude killing people,
you are there (bad luck)
the cops are

who knows,,

would you not want someone else there, with you or you yourself to be armed?
or
do you really want to be slaughtered hoping those cops in who knows will finally safe you?

im having a hard time understanding why anyone would choose the
get slaughtered option..

so

pls convince me
Yes, it is a numbers game: you have one shooter and he's at the entrance where you have a metal detector and armed guards( notice guards as in plural, more than one). You want to keep them outside and not let them inside where you have a lot of innocent people, bad lighting, drinking, etc. and people who have guns and have been waiting for just this scenario all their lives so they can play the part of the hero and stop the bad dude. I will take keeping the bad dude outside every time.

She can look it up on Google just as easily as I can.
I'm not the one who made that statement--it was you. I'm not going to do your homework for you.

Yes, it is a numbers game: you have one shooter and he's at the entrance where you have a metal detector and armed guards( notice guards as in plural, more than one). You want to keep them outside and not let them inside where you have a lot of innocent people, bad lighting, drinking, etc. and people who have guns and have been waiting for just this scenario all their lives so they can play the part of the hero and stop the bad dude. I will take keeping the bad dude outside every time.
All their lives? Really? That's what you think of self defense?

Are there enough armed guards and metal detectors to protect you in every place you go?

Oh wow, I missed this thread. :(

I feel like done with gun discussion, just very exhausted and overwhelmed.

I surely wish everyone in that club had a weapon. And, of course, the associated training to use it properly. I live in Illinois (USA) which only recently has stopped trampling on my rights. I am licensed to carry a gun in 31 states. I take it as an awesome responsibility. The most arduous gun control in America is probably in Chicago. Pick a weekend and 50 people will be/ have been shot. 8 or 10 will die. Do you think these people will abide by gun control laws. THAT takes a special kind of stupid!!

I live in America NOT Scotland. BECAUSE of the opppresion of Great Britain WE THE PEOPLE wrote and live by our Constitution. Yet, when an incident like Orlando occurs gun control advocates immediately propose legislating MY freedom. I break NO laws!! Y'all really are less than bright!!! It's really stunning!!

You so flippantly state there should be "armed guards" at all these venues. Drink prices are about to sky rocket!!! lol

There are millions of people like me who own "guns" ... pistols and rifles and carbines and auto-loaders. And, I always lover the ever-present "assault rifle" moniker!! AR stands for Armalite by the way. The initial design, along with Colt of the M-16. I was issued one for 4 years. Along with a full auto M-14.

If we millions were dangerous.... YOU'D KNOW IT!!!

Also, I love how some people, presumably those who have never been shot at or in combat, have the audacity to assume that everyone of the people in that club, if armed, would start spraying the room with lead. You watch waaaaay too many movies!!!

Whoa, calm down. No need to start insulting people and saying that we're not bright, that's not funny or engaging, it's mean... I realise you don't live in Scotland... this is a discussion. That means you contribute your view and discuss.

I wasn't assuming anything, I was simply saying what I thought.

So, please, for the love of this forum, take your finger off the caps lock and peacefully discuss?

what you are propsing is essntialy to keep everyoen under armed guard lest they snap..
thats
nuts..

did having a trained police officer at the door help in orlando?

you wont be keeping any bad dude outside when your defenseless, unarmed and cowering int he corner waiting for the hero cops in shinning Armor to come and sweep you away from danger...

what those knights in shinning armor will do is tag your body along with the others who held strange dim hopes that someone someplace will come and solve their plm for them
the plm of surviving..
why anyone at all would wish to be the slaughtered is beyond me..

so...
did having the knight at the door help the slaughtered in orlando?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back