Do you own a code scanner?

Oh that's right. I think It's MAF that's where I find it between air filter and engine.

Too much words for my memory. (sob)
sound like you spell it for MAT (Manifold Air Temp)?. Anyway IAT (Intake Air
Temp) sensor that you mentioned above this post. MAT sensors are not using to address in OBD-II bible much. They're OBD-I sensors and usually located in the intake manifolds. IAT sensor can locate in the manifold or air duct/box even inside MAF sensor that's what you saw erratic reading in FFD?

I have the kiwi wifi device now. I am being to afraid that it would screw up my truck's system if I submit something that I am not familiar with. I want to find out what's the trouble my truck using the kiwi device without changing anything in the system. Is that possible? I think that I should take two pictures of my motor to see if you think that it's fine or not. Now, the weather is so damn freezing outside, and I'll try to take the pictures.

I would like to clear up the warning lights from the dashboard. Does the programer (kiwi) commands the dashboard to ignore the warning signals permanently, and even there are some problems in the system that are not unable to signal on the dashboard?

Last edited:
Here are some photos - Ford Explorer 2002:

fronttruck.jpg

rightsidemotor.jpg

I am surprised to see some squirrel footprints on the top of black plastic covers. Maybe, some mouse footprints - not very good sign. I don't see any cut wires or pipe holes from the animal bites.

leftsidemotor.jpg

backmotor.jpg

rightsideendmotor.jpg

Here are some photos - Ford Explorer 2002:

fronttruck.jpg

rightsidemotor.jpg

I am surprised to see some squirrel footprints on the top of black plastic covers. Maybe, some mouse footprints - not very good sign. I don't see any cut wires or pipe holes from the animal bites.

leftsidemotor.jpg

backmotor.jpg

rightsideendmotor.jpg

:laugh2:

I bet it's living behind your engine. Guess that it might have chewed wires off. Good luck finding that dang animal nest. :laugh2:

Catty

A few days ago, I went to the store, and you mentioned that it is a free service. The man checked on my truck with his coder device. The coder stated, "Troubleshooting P1151. OEM Brand: Ford"

He looked up on his computer that says:

"Lack of 02 switches-bnk 2 sensor 1 Explanation
ECM could not adjust fuel trim because of a lean or rich condition
Probable cause:

1. - Fuel pressure high or low
2. - MAF sensor dirty/defective
3. - Vacuum leak on engine
4. - Leaking fuel injector or fuel pressure regulator"

It turned out that there is one defective, but it solved the problem easily by cleaning out with a "air flow sensor cleaner" (sprayer) inside the part between the air filter and to the motor. There are two tiny rods inside the part. One of the rods was dirty. It took a few minutes for me to clean out the dirty on the rod. The engine light on the dashboard is off in the next day. Whew!

I don't remember the name of the part - see the picture with a yellow circle.

leftsidemotor2.jpg

I only paid about ten dollars for the sprayer. I'm happy about that. I saved about 200 dollars for not taking my truck to a repair shop. Thank you! :thumb:

You mean at AutoZone, eh? Yeah, it saves alot money and that mechanic may lied to you that it needs to be replaced instead of saying it really needs cleaning.

I could but I got OBD I and II with real time data and it does help alot.

DHB

A few days ago, I went to the store, and you mentioned that it is a free service. The man checked on my truck with his coder device. The coder stated, "Troubleshooting P1151. OEM Brand: Ford"

Probable cause:

It turned out that there is one defective, but it solved the problem easily by cleaning out with a "air flow sensor cleaner" (sprayer) inside the part between the air filter and to the motor. There are two tiny rods inside the part. One of the rods was dirty. It took a few minutes for me to clean out the dirty on the rod. The engine light on the dashboard is off in the next day. Whew!

leftsidemotor2.jpg

I only paid about ten dollars for the sprayer. I'm happy about that. I saved about 200 dollars for not taking my truck to a repair shop. Thank you! :thumb:

Probable cause:

leftsidemotor2.jpg

That's great you solved the problem. It's call MAF sensor that yellow circle on the picture.

Probable cause:

leftsidemotor2.jpg

The tiny rods in the a MAF sensor are referring to "Hot Bulb". Well, the P0151 or P1151 that you states is the heated oxgyen sensor is not switching, means the voltage is not counting over .800mv or below .175mv, sounds like lazy O2 sensor. Clean a MAF sensor is may not fix the Code P0151/P1151 cuz the Bank 2 and sensor 1 as B2/1 is locating on the left bank (driver side) I think. The sensor 1 is upstream (front of the cat converter). Only I want to see the P0151/P1151 is to view the freeze frames and hook up scope on the O2 sensors to see the waveform. Some techs enrich the engine by slashing small amount of top engine cleaner into intake manifold to force the lazy O2 sensor(s) to wake up and working up the counts. Temporary fix. Hey, make sure the O2 sensor on left bank have a free of oil saturated. If so, replace O2 sensor ( don't drop a new O2 sensor on the floor) Not too expensive about $ 45 to $85 dollars. Never buy a new O2 sensor with pre cut wires.

Darn, I should not delete my post about oxgyen sensor. First I thought it was bad oxgyen sensor but I was not sure about that since you solved the problem for MAF so I delete my post. Oh well.

I am agreed with deafsmogtech about oxygen sensor.

The circled pic that you displayed is a MAF sensor. The tiny rods in the a MAF sensor are referring to "Hot Bulb". Well, the P0151 or P1151 that you states is the heated oxgyen sensor is not switching, means the voltage is not counting over .800mv or below .175mv, sounds like lazy O2 sensor. Clean a MAF sensor is may not fix the Code P0151/P1151 cuz the Bank 2 and sensor 1 as B2/1 is locating on the left bank (driver side) I think. The sensor 1 is upstream (front of the cat converter). Only I want to see the P0151/P1151 is to view the freeze frames and hook up scope on the O2 sensors to see the waveform. Some techs enrich the engine by slashing small amount of top engine cleaner into intake manifold to force the lazy O2 sensor(s) to wake up and working up the counts. Temporary fix. Hey, make sure the O2 sensor on left bank have a free of oil saturated. If so, replace O2 sensor ( don't drop a new O2 sensor on the floor) Not too expensive about $ 45 to $85 dollars. Never buy a new O2 sensor with pre cut wires.

O2 sensor with pre cut wires? I replaced my old O2S with new O2S pre cut wires in four years ago for my Subaru. You must hate to use soldering. :D

O2 sensor with pre cut wires? I replaced my old O2S with new O2S pre cut wires in four years ago for my Subaru. You must hate to use soldering. :D
Ok the labor called out for remove and install new O2 sensor on the car is one hour typical. They doesnt include solder or crimp the ends. Most part stores sell ready install or fit right first time O2 sensors. We at the gas station, order
O2 sesnors or A/F sensors by thru the dealers or automotive warehouses. Not
Auto Zone or Kragen or PepBoys.

Darn, I should not delete my post about oxgyen sensor. First I thought it was bad oxgyen sensor but I was not sure about that since you solved the problem for MAF so I delete my post. Oh well.

I am agreed with deafsmogtech about oxygen sensor.
No, O2 sensor/ dirty MAF sensor can cause P0151/P1151. I didnt solve yet. Other cause is vacuum leaking around the intake manifold or PCV lines.

Ok the labor called out for remove and install new O2 sensor on the car is one hour typical. They doesnt include solder or crimp the ends. Most part stores sell ready install or fit right first time O2 sensors. We at the gas station, order
O2 sesnors or A/F sensors by thru the dealers or automotive warehouses. Not
Auto Zone or Kragen or PepBoys.

Soldering only take a few minutes for four wires. It was not hard to me. Lucky, my father teach me how to use it when I was 10 years old. I used repair the digital camera for 7 years with soldering.

I don't understand why all students in class must learn how to use solder for electricity class. (yes, They were shocked that I did quick job and I am only Deaf in class)

AutoZone is almost 50% cheaper than dealer. One of my friend asked O2S for his 94 Honda from dealer and it cost $119. He got O2S from Auto Zone for $65.

Soldering only take a few minutes for four wires. It was not hard to me. Lucky, my father teach me how to use it when I was 10 years old. I used repair the digital camera for 7 years with soldering.

I don't understand why all students in class must learn how to use solder for electricity class. (yes, They were shocked that I did quick job and I am only Deaf in class)

AutoZone is almost 50% cheaper than dealer. One of my friend asked O2S for his 94 Honda from dealer and it cost $119. He got O2S from Auto Zone for $65.
Yeah, I notice my hearing techs are not good solders. I taught my deafie tech, he learned the soldering process in one hour. At the warehouse that they sell the Denso O2 sensors for $25 and up that fit all the makers. I did ordered a new O2 sensor for my car that cost me $45 dollars. Not bad. The expensive O2 sensor is A/F sesnor, cost over $150 a piece, maybe $300 A/F sensor from dealer.

No, O2 sensor/ dirty MAF sensor can cause P0151/P1151. I didnt solve yet. Other cause is vacuum leaking around the intake manifold or PCV lines.

You just missed my post and you had no idea what I was talk about. :) Yes, both should cause problem but hard to tell without look engine.

Back