Do you NOT use illegal drugs?

Though the loopy, pill popping, condescending main character who is always right and never wrong who won't acknowledge his mistakes and frailties reminds me of somebody else.

Though the loopy, pill popping, condescending main character who is always right and never wrong who won't acknowledge his mistakes and frailties reminds me of somebody else.

Not to mention self-experimenting, cynical, narcissist, elitist and sarcastic. And every sentence seems to be sardonic and lewd in a double entendre manner as well.

Oh wait... I am describing me. :giggle:

I have never used illegal drugs, or even the "legal" drugs that are considered illegal by the DEA ;)

I don't judge others on their habits or drug addictions either. I have seen a few drug addicts give up their their addictions once they underwent psychological evaluation (usually ADD- or OCD-related diagnoses) and got the proper drugs for them.

fify ;)

No.

I know some that never got SSRI, SDRI, SNRI or NaSSA, but rather only have behaviour modification therapies. Now that being said, I have heard that people who DO have ADD/OCD don't feel a buzz from those medications-- while those who don't have ADD gets a buzz from them. However... that's just clients describing their reactions to the medications and or drugs.

don't judge others on their habits or drug addictions either. I have seen a few drug addicts give up their their addictions once they underwent psychological evaluation (usually ADD- or OCD-related diagnoses) and got the proper treatments for them.
On the other hand, sometimes it can be quite frustrating dealing with them.
I say this as someone who had to deal with a friend's addiction issues.
Quick question........did those addicts ever smoke (either pot or tobacco?)
My addict friend is a smoker, and I'm thinking that maybe part of her issues may be due to the fact that the smoke is screwing up her white matter. She is dx with ADD, and was under treatment for years and years....still became an addict (alcohol, coke <to concentrate> and 'script pills.
Besides, just b/c you've got a medical dx it doesn't mean you HAVE to self medicate.

I do not use illegal drugs. I used to be a smoker thought but I kicked the habit back in 2006 and have been a nonsmoker ever since. I do drink alcohol but only in moderation, and only like about once or twice a year for holiday celebrations like New Year's eve and stuff like that. I do not keep alcohol in the house because I don't want to be responsible for it if someone finds some alcohol and decides to get shitfaced and then hurt himself or herself or goes drunk driving and gets into an accident, I do not want to be held liable for that.

No.

I know some that never got SSRI, SDRI, SNRI or NaSSA, but rather only have behaviour modification therapies. Now that being said, I have heard that people who DO have ADD/OCD don't feel a buzz from those medications-- while those who don't have ADD gets a buzz from them. However... that's just clients describing their reactions to the medications and or drugs.

He is right about the ADD/ADHD part although I am not sure ADD medications are used off-label for OCD, never heard of that before. If you have ADD/ADHD the medication is supposed to help you focus and stay on task and even things out and it should NOT give you a high or buzz at all. I myself take Ritalin ER for ADD and it really helps and doesn't give me any buzz or a high feeling. I feel normal. I feel level and more awake than I have been in a long time. I've been able to tackle housecleaning tasks much better than in the past - I'm not a very good housekeeper!. And I start school in the fall to study nursing and the Ritalin will help a whole lot with that. I am glad I and my doctor made the right choice/decision for me to go on Ritalin ER. On the plus side, I have not been so groggy anymore like I have been in the past pre-Ritalin. I used to wake up feeling so crappy and so groggy that I don't even want to get out of bed because I'm too tired to do anything. Now I have energy that I need and I am completely awake. Yesterday I woke up at 9 am and was ready for the day. Today I woke up at 7 am and am not tired. I feel normal. I can live my life now instead of sleeping my life away.

Back