Do you have any suggestions?

DeafAndLiving

Reaction score
I just started living on my own in a apartment. And I am currently working as a janitor in a school at night. But it only pays 6.10 and hour. I'm desperately looking for another job. I have applied to Wal Mart, Target, Best Buy, Circuit City, Grocery Stores, and Restraunts for kitchen help. Most places say that they can't hire deaf people because the positions they are hiring for need hearing people. Can anyone give me any sugestions about where else I can look? I was thinking of posting an ad in the local newspaper for housecleaning and puting an E-mail address but am not sure how that would look. Thanks for the help.

did u try to go state department, DSHS or CSO to ask for work source they will give u website to look at ur home or their office there is a computer u w'd use to look, here alike for WA www.go2worksource.com

Good Luck!

I am not sure what state you live in, But have you heard of Area Temps? I've worked there before, They start at 7.00 an hour to 8.00 an hour depends on your knowledge of experiences. :)

I can find you information if you can tell me which state you live in?...

Thank you for the replies.

I live in Indiana. Lafayette, Indiana. Its a small town kind of isolated. Any help would be appreciated.
Thank you!!

DeafAndLiving said:
I live in Indiana. Lafayette, Indiana. Its a small town kind of isolated. Any help would be appreciated.
Thank you!!
Lafayette isn't that small, but I agree that it is kinda isolated when it comes to comparing to other cities its size. Have any of the supervisors/managers talked to you like they would call you for interviews. If so, go back to the stores/places to talk to them and let them know you are serious about wanting to work there. There may be some openings in the government (Federal, Lafayette, West Lafayette, Tippecanoe County, the hospitals, and Purdue University.) The newspaper (Lafayette Journal and Courier) on Sundays should have plenty of job openings.

Do those before the children are out of schools for the summer.

Back