Do you have an allergy to pollen?

PinkyZebra

Reaction score
I'm enjoying the Spring through Fall season. At least I have an allergy to pollen and have a nose runny, eye tears, mild sore throat and sneezing. I tried to get an allergy medicines. That is not working for me. My mom will bring me some Zyrtec to get rid of sympton. I never try Zyrtec before and will take it today. I hope that is helping me. My deaf friend is always take a vaccine for allergy in seasons. The doctor for allergic is expensive to take a test. Do you guys have an allergy to pollen?

Last edited:
I don't have it on the level of many of my coworkers but I do get affected when it's blowing all over the place. I try and clean my window sills regularly to remove any pollen and keep my windows shut when it's blowing hard - just to make sure it doesn't come inside. Some people really get hit hard with this weather, I really feel for them.

Laura

Since I was born, yes.

I'm allergic to pollen as well but I've found taking Quercetin/Bromelin is the best preventative medicine so far. The issue with Zyrtec and other meds is that they treat it AFTERward and not only that it makes me drowsy. If I don't take allergy medicine I end up drowsy and sniffling anyway so what's the point.

So instead start in february I take Quercetin/Bromelin every day to build up an immunity so that by march/april when the pollen clouds invade I can handle them just fine.

Yes I do, and I have asthma as well which kind of complicates it. I take Zyrtec year around, it also helps with animal dander allergies.

I always clean the dusts with pollen off the windows every week. I hate right see the black on paper towels after I cleaned off. It is so gross. I can't hold my breath while I clean the dust off. The dust and pollen always come through my nose and eyes. I might I have allergy to my dog's fur. I have to give my dog a bath often to get rid of pollen, dust, dirt from her fur. I love or smell flowers scent in the spring season but I kept sneezing.

Since I was born, yes.

Wow! I never have an allergy until I became teenager. I had a sinus infected for 3 years. I knew you told me that you're allergy to ragweed. I notice the ragweed is growing in my backyard. I put my garden gloves on and remove the ragweeds and toss in the dumpster.

Oh yes! Bad allergies. The grounds where my condo is is covered with flowering trees and shrubs of every kind! And it seems like they are all blooming at once this year! Most of the time I just tough it out, but I feel lousy, like a hangover!!COLOR]

In my case, it's not as bad in FL as it was in NC. I do react to it but I'm not miserable, but the ragweed come Autumn? Oh joy! I'm going to consider that preventative of Quercetin/Bromelin A Nihilist mentioned. Makes sense prevention works far better than treating it head on.

Yes! one Easter my daughter gave her mother in law and me an Easter lily and I had to give mine to a neighbor b/c the pollen was horrible. This is going to be a real bad year for allergy b/c of all the snow we had. You should wear a hat when you're outside for a long time. That will help keep the pollen off your hair.

I forget about wear garden hat and beach hat. Thank you for remind me. My hair is long over my shoulders I might should wear pull up my hair. The pollen can stick on my jacket with hoodie while I was outside for walking on the trails through the wood. I wish the world is pollen free zone. I hate you pollen! I'm getting recover from allergy. My nose runny is almost gone. I got third Zyrtec for 3 days.

I also have allergies and sinus problems and diagnosed with asthma when I was in college. I was born with allergy and my dad also has it.
I never tried Zyrtec though. I had prescription for Claritin in college - before it was available over the counter- in the regular isles. I also take Benedryl and try to have some with me most of the time since I've had allergic reactions.
Theoretically allergic to peanuts though I used have peanut butter as a child with no problem. I had a lot of colds and ear infections as a kid.
Allergic to dairy and a number of other things.

I forget about wear garden hat and beach hat. Thank you for remind me. My hair is long over my shoulders I might should wear pull up my hair. The pollen can stick on my jacket with hoodie while I was outside for walking on the trails through the wood. I wish the world is pollen free zone. I hate you pollen! I'm getting recover from allergy. My nose runny is almost gone. I got third Zyrtec for 3 days.

Then we would have no honey and fruits. Some fruits needs to be cross pollen to produce their fruits.
I knew some people that planted fruit trees but never got any fruit b/c they only had one of each tree.
If have any dogs you brush them off outside after their walks .

http://www.ext.colostate.edu/pubs/garden/07002.html

I'm not allergic to anything except bees / wasps / coconut and a few other foods... I don't count mold or dust as an allergy because everyone reacts to that! The pollen last year in Florida was crazy. My car is dark blue and I remember going outside and seeing it look yellowish from an angle... that was crazy! My mother is terribly allergic to that stuff and has asthma... so it gets her bad. She has great luck with Zyrtec so I definitely suggest giving it a shot. :)

My mom is allergic to bees.
Do you carry one of those pens? Are they good for one use only?

My mom is allergic to bees.
Do you carry one of those pens? Are they good for one use only?

An Epi pen? Yes, and yes also... they're only good for one use. They're basically only good to get you to the ER. It's not like they stop the reaction... sadly. :( They just hold off the reaction enough to get you to the nearest hospital so you don't die! :laugh2: Seriously though, they don't buy you that much time... :ugh: Stupid bees... :mad:

Yes, but weekly allergy shot and Dymista works for me.

Back