Do you feel embarrassed when wearing hearing aids?

I do not feel self conscious regarding my Hearing Aids. I do hate the hell out of why I need them and that they can not give normal hearing.

Not only am I not embarrassed when I'm wearing my HA's but I am very open to others that I have them and I have hearing issues. Far more people said something about my glasses when I got them, then have ever said anything about my HA's.

Nope, I never had a problem with them. I point to them when necessary as it help to clarify that I am deaf. I have never understood why people want to hide them. I see a lot of ads about making them smaller and hidden but to me that seems like it make it less obvious to others why you can't understand them.

Not one bit embarassed about my HAs. Don't care what others think.

nah. I always liked to pick out fun colors and decorate them. I'm deaf, might as well have fun with it!

Never. Plus I think the only people who notice them are others who have them or know someone with them.

I tend to notice them, but that's because it's part of my job to keep an eye out for them. Scanning someone's brain when they have their hearing aids in does not make for pretty pictures.

I hate the super tiny ones that are hidden. They're hard to notice which makes my job a little more annoying.

My hearing aids are purple and orange. So no embarassment here!

When I went to go for a CI eval recently the audiologist suggested I get beige aids with brown coils so they would be less noticable.

LOL! That's the LAST color combo I would pick.

My hearing aids are purple and orange. So no embarassment here!

When I went to go for a CI eval recently the audiologist suggested I get beige aids with brown coils so they would be less noticable.

LOL! That's the LAST color combo I would pick.
Why do audiologist think everyone wants to hide their aids & CIs. I feel sorry for people who have no idea that they come in a variety of colors.

I was so glad when I had to go from ITE to BTE that colors were being offered- for kids mainly. I got blue ones and have gotten blues ever since. I do not like the beige "skin tone" color.

I have a ruby & a petrol (blueish) CI processors and got my companion HA in petrol.

My momma always said if you got it flaunt it. So why not do something sassy.

My first ones are like brown... hated them. I wanted something bright and flashy. My new ones are.....white :( they didn't come out with fun colors in the hearing aid I wanted. But white will show the colored tape better :applause: needless to say I am not embarrassed

My first ones are like brown... hated them. I wanted something bright and flashy. My new ones are.....white :( they didn't come out with fun colors in the hearing aid I wanted. But white will show the colored tape better :applause: needless to say I am not embarrassed

Yep, many people bing their HAs and CIs.

The older I get the less I care lol. I do have green earmolds now. I've been trying to get color hearing aids for ages but VR won't pay for that...just your basic "skin/hair color" tones. I once asked an audio if I could get the covering/casing replaced for colors (or maybe that was the first NC pair...) her response "It would not seem very professional if you are working" say what?! I never gave a fig about that... attitude and your performance is the professional part and I'm not breaking any dress code! Phooey.

So still the beige and I too hate that the hearing aids are getting tinier- they're hard to handle- which is why it baffles me- since elderly (70+) may have trouble handling those ITE ones. Give me back my 675 size HA. 13 is for the birds.

Mine is jet black. And I'm not black. I saw a young boy at the supermarket. His h/a had mini stickers on it. I thought...cool beans!!

Back