Do you experience your pets with Alzheimer?

*nodding sadly* I got crying when I look at Sussi... She sleep a lot.

Cheri, her suffering doesn´t show... I asked my boys if they hear her cries or not. They said no... I told them to let us know please if she cries for pain then I would put her sleep. The vet said that Sussi suffer Alzheimer and have no pain feeling. I know it cause pain when the cancer eats all in organs but Sussi do not have pain feeling... but sleep a lot and eat her own flesh (lump tumor) where she tried to rid of lump tumor. It look like that she eat lump tumor until it goes big hole like what the Vet said last Saturday... If it does then put her sleep. I cannot beleive that the pet eat their own flesh (lump tumor)...

I saw Sussi tried to eat her own flesh (lump tumor). I stopped her and tried to do something to get her mind off... The smelly of her breath is too awfully.

Angel, Yes, it´s horrible feeling when I see Sussi everyday like this. I tried to stop her to eat her flesh skin...

Cheri, her suffering doesn´t show... I asked my boys if they hear her cries or not. They said no... I told them to let us know please if she cries for pain then I would put her sleep. The vet said that Sussi suffer Alzheimer and have no pain feeling. I know it cause pain when the cancer eats all in organs but Sussi do not have pain feeling... but sleep a lot and eat her own flesh (lump tumor) where she tried to rid of lump tumor. It look like that she eat lump tumor until it goes big hole like what the Vet said last Saturday... If it does then put her sleep. I cannot beleive that the pet eat their own flesh (lump tumor)...

I'm having goosebumps from reading how Sussi biting her own body to take out the tumor. This is so sad. How much longer does she have? You said weeks right? I know you're not so ready for this, It must be hard.

I'm having goosebumps from reading how Sussi biting her own body to take out the tumor. This is so sad. How much longer does she have? You said weeks right? I know you're not so ready for this, It must be hard.

Yes, it´s not just biting but EAT her own body to take out the tumor... Yes, it´s very goosebump... because I never know about this until I saw for a first time yesterday which I thought Sussi biting it. I told my co-worker about this. She said that dogs and cats eat their own body to rid of tumor when they know they are ill... Oh my dear... I must eye her to make sure that she won´t eat until big hole. The vet said - without put sleep up to 3 weeks to live. I can´t accept the fact when the vet said to me to put her sleep straight way because I do not feel ready... Give me time... The vet said okay and wait until next week if the hole grow bigger then... if the small hole remain same then up to 3 weeks to live... :tears: Give me time to enjoy with Sussi. I gave her favorite dish is tuna and cream yesterday. She ate happily but she vomited again this morning.

[FONT="Century Gothic]Angel, Yes, it´s horrible feeling when I see Sussi everyday like this. I tried to stop her to eat her flesh skin...[/FONT]

Sheesh, the sound of it making me really nervous. I cannot watch my cat doing that.

So you're going to wait 3 weeks before putting her to sleep? :(

Yes, it´s not just biting but EAT her own body to take out the tumor... Yes, it´s very goosebump... because I never know about this until I saw for a first time yesterday which I thought Sussi biting it. I told my co-worker about this. She said that dogs and cats eat their own body to rid of tumor when they know they are ill... Oh my dear... I must eye her to make sure that she won´t eat until big hole. The vet said - without put sleep up to 3 weeks to live. I can´t accept the fact when the vet said to me to put her sleep straight way because I do not feel ready... Give me time... The vet said okay and wait until next week if the hole grow bigger then... if the small hole remain same then up to 3 weeks to live... :tears: Give me time to enjoy with Sussi. I gave her favorite dish is tuna and cream yesterday. She ate happily but she vomited again this morning.

Oh dear, so Sussi hoping the tumor will go away by eating it right?..

This is so sad, I cannot picture any of my cats going through this, I know it's part of life but ..... ...... .....*silence*...

:tears: This is too much for that poor cat. She doesnt deserved to be that way. I am so sorry to hear that. I know it is hard to put her down as it was hard for me to put down my sweet dog Tiny Boy. I missed him dearly.

I am sure you will find a way to make thing go smooth for you and your family for the sake of your sweet cat. Hang in there sweetie. :hug:

Sheesh, the sound of it making me really nervous. I cannot watch my cat doing that.

Yes, it's horrible feeling. The vet advised us how to stop her do something but I know we can't watch her 24 hours a day. We tried our best what we can to get her something to get out of her mind. Something like that favorite meals, comfort her, etc. to prevent her from eat her own flesh.

So you're going to wait 3 weeks before putting her to sleep? :(

Honestly, it's really very hard for me to apart her after have her for almost 22 years. I can't let her put sleep straight way which is too much for me. Give me time to accept the fact and enjoy my time with her. The vet said that we MUST put her sleep when the hole where she ate up goes big. The vet suggest that the hole goes big within next week. If yes, we are force to let her go instead of wait until she ends her life naturally.

Oh dear, so Sussi hoping the tumor will go away by eating it right?..

Unfortunlately yes. :(

This is so sad, I cannot picture any of my cats going through this, I know it's part of life but ..... ...... .....*silence*...

Yes, it's part of life, we have face sometimes like this. We try our best to positive something if not works then .... :tears: I already lost 3 years old Kim last September 2007 and know that I will lost Sussi some day due her age but I do not expect that Sussi had cancer which I thought she would die naturally due her age. Cancer is a terrible.

:tears: This is too much for that poor cat. She doesnt deserved to be that way. I am so sorry to hear that. I know it is hard to put her down as it was hard for me to put down my sweet dog Tiny Boy. I missed him dearly.

I am sure you will find a way to make thing go smooth for you and your family for the sake of your sweet cat. Hang in there sweetie. :hug:

:ty: :hug: I know it's very very very hard to apart the pets, we love and have for years. It hurt in my heart to see her go if she keep on eat until hole goes big... I hope she stop to eat it. I can understand and image how you feel for lose your belove one. I'm very sorry to hear about your Tiny... :(

I'm sorry Liebling, I really do respect your decision etc, it just so hard for me to let a cat live in this condition. When she eating it to rid of the tumor, it sound like she is suffering so much and it's killing me here. *tears*

I recommend you please put her sleep and rest a peace.. You'll remember sussi everyday.. Sussi will not forget you.. something nice picture and memory..

Sussi have been gone not feeling her own eating flesh skin tumor away. Isn't good idea and may lead worst and increase more. Not worth. I know you're feeling and break heart miss Sussi lot due her aging. Only the way.
You can go ahead talk your family and best interest for Sussi need a rest peace before change your mind..

I just want to recommend you.. If you don't want to .. That's okay as long your wish.

Pretty break my heart!
sorry about your cat sussi's health condition.

I read your story and Sorry to hear that your cat Sussi is have plm health with the tumor which cant remove :( .. It remind me of my mom's dog Ricky had HUGE! tumor which cant remove it cuz it so huge in his stomach so my mom decided put him to sleep and she still have Ricky's ash vase in her bedroom.

:ty: for advice, Angel and GalaxyAngel.

We will check with the Vet again on Friday afternoon. We will accept the Vet´s decision for put her sleep after check her wound tumor. :tears:

Sussi walked too slowly and lick water and eat too slowly and sleep a lot.

I read your story and Sorry to hear that your cat Sussi is have plm health with the tumor which cant remove :( .. It remind me of my mom's dog Ricky had HUGE! tumor which cant remove it cuz it so huge in his stomach so my mom decided put him to sleep and she still have Ricky's ash vase in her bedroom.

:ty: - The vet can´t remove her tumor because cancer are already everywhere in her organs.

I am very sorry about Ricky. wow, I never know that there´re pet´s ashes in urn... How interesting... :eek3: We are plan to bury Sussi next Kim in my garden. Now you said ashes? I will ask the Vet about this on Friday.

:ty: - The vet can´t remove her tumor because cancer are already everywhere in her organs.

I am very sorry about Ricky. wow, I never know that there´re pet´s ashes in urn... How interesting... :eek3: We are plan to bury Sussi next Kim in my garden. Now you said ashes? I will ask the Vet about this on Friday.

I am prayer for your cat by this friday
praying.gif

Phillips
bighug.gif
to you and your cat!

I have about 14 years old White persian cat .. She is doing good! act alike young cat! :eek:

Update:

As I said in previous posts that I tried to stop Sussi to eat her "lump" flesh. Surprisely that she stopped to eat it after "lump" gone... (I will take a picture of her wound later).

We brought her to the Vet for check last Friday. The Vet was like :confused: and her wound doesn't look serious like the pictures, I showed you all at 2 weeks ago. We told her that Sussi bite and ate it until lump gone and still small hole, not grow big hole what the Vet told us about. The Vet said that Sussi tried to fight for her life and want to rid of it which is normal and questioned us what and how Sussi did.

We answered her question that Sussi sleep real a lot and walk if she want go to litter to make business and come to us for our attention a lot, that's all. It's us who remind her for her meal time. The vet examined her and said that we can leave Sussi as long as she is alive because she has no pain suffering... The Vet told us at 2 weeks ago that Sussi could be live up to 3 weeks. It's one week more go... We have feeling that Sussi live longer than one week or before search her 22nd birthday???? She eat and drink quite well but eat too slowy and sleep a lot and come to us for our attention a lot... It's her time to go... My sons told us that they heard Sussi's weak voice and no cries for pain but weak voice when she want to miaw or hissing... , that's all.

I will take a picture of her wound to update soon.

Oh boy, I understand.. I seen your picture of cat... make me cried... Im very sorry about your cat been suffer..... I have 3 cats! They are older... 9 yrs old, 8 yrs old and 7 yrs old.. They are boys... I cant live without them! ! They MUST live in my life! ! Ill go crazy if they are gone.. but we cant do about it... Die is natural....

But, your cat WILL not forget you... she know you take care of her as always.. Im surely that she thanked you for that.. smile

:afro:

M-

Updated: Thanks to my friend's advice...

Look at update pictures, I took of last weekends. She is well and still alive... that's not what the vet told us at month ago that it will takes her up to 3 weeks to alive... :dunno2: no big hole what she told us... :dunno2: Of course Sussi was vomited a lot... and still have memory loss... We met our friend coincidence at supermarket. We talked about our cats since we know that she is cat lover and know a lot how to take care of the pets. She offered her suggestion to change diet for Sussi due her old age. We should buy senior cat foods. We took her offer to buy one in pet shop.... We were like wow that Sussi eat well and less vomit than before.... :eek3: Of course she eats slowly but she do eat well... her open wound goes improve..... :dunno2:

We have check with the vet... She is surprised and agree that it do something with diet...

ScubaladyTx, yes I know how you feeling... have pets around for a long time is very, very, very hard...

Update

I took a picture of her with a new ditigal camera last week.

You can see that her "cancer"/"tumor" wound is healing ...

I´m really glad that I did not put her sleep which I almost plan to do it... She look well and happy... She eats well since I changed her diet.

That is like a miracle. I had a dog who died of cancer when I was a child. I wish she could have recovered like your cat.

Back